• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

People actually buy iPhones and Samsung phones though so they have real users and not just astroturfers.

To be honest I think more people shit on Samsung here than praise. Only person that I can even consider a Samsung Astroturfer here is Faceless but I've also seen him shit on them as well.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That Rubin phone teaser looks so good.

Quasar

Are they though? I've almost never seen anyone in my area have a Sony phone.

I see some. But that doesn't mean anything given I almost never see iphones (and it seems to always be pre iPhone 6 ones - 4s and 5s). I've also yet to see a curved screen Samsung phone in the wild. Also yet to see a pixel.

I think it's simply that being in a lower income / non techie area that people either don't update often or buy low cost phones.

Jeffrey

Wonder if the camera comes with the phone. The bezel less screen might not have room for a selfie cam. Unless they put on bottom like mi mix.

How many Samsung Astroturfers? I lost count.
c'mon now, the amount of people talking about Sony phones is unnaturally high compared to marketshare.

FP sensors is built-in world wide, it's only software disabled in the US.
that makes it ok.

Probably because Sony actually advertised the Z3 and was sold at multiple carriers in the US. After that they kinda give up. They didn't release the XZ in Canada either.
demand constrained,

Jeffrey

im curious how much dbrand pays for each sponsorship lol. They are basically funding all the android/iphone videos on youtube at this point.

Do people really buy their stuff? It's basically a super thin 'case' but takes like 30min to put on.

im curious how much dbrand pays for each sponsorship lol. They are basically funding all the android/iphone videos on youtube at this point.

Do people really buy their stuff? It's basically a super thin 'case' but takes like 30min to put on.

The materials they use are architectural grade. Really quality stuff.

I see alot of people including these with their phones on swappa so someone must buy these. Seems like the most pointless thing in the world.

reKon

Banned
I just can't get over applying a skin to a phone

Seems redundant and tacky as hell

I did it for the grip and it didn't help much. If they do design proper skins with good grip, there's nothing wrong with them.

I use the thinnest case possible with grip. I don't drop phones.

IronRaven

I just can't get over applying a skin to a phone

Seems redundant and tacky as hell

I get very sweaty hands thanks to my hyperhidrosis and I don't think skins would be the best option even though at least one person in the last OT said they had no problems with theirs.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

I'm curious how much they pay, too. I bet it's a lot.

I see alot of people including these with their phones on swappa so someone must buy these. Seems like the most pointless thing in the world.
I bought one for my Nexus 6. It saved it from being so slippery. It's really quality, too. I almost always go careless but N6 was a behemoth and slippery in the white color. Had to skin it up. No regrets.

I might skin my new MacBook One. Curious about the new model's colors. I want a bright yellow skin over my matte black hardware.

Groof

last time i bought a dbrand was to hide the cracks on my n4's back. that's the only reason i would consider getting one

Jeffrey

Most cars are Android Auto and CarPlay compatible these days.

Except Teslas, because fuck everyone when you're the only guys selling electric cars which look like cars instead of Kia Souls.

Hard to find them on luxury stuff that aren't American.

BMW does support carplay, think their spokesperson laughed when someone asked about android auto.

BMW and Apple go a long way back. My friends BMW still has the old Apple connector cable built into the car lol.

Husker86

Hard to find them on luxury stuff that aren't American.

BMW does support carplay, think their spokesperson laughed when someone asked about android auto.

BMW and Apple go a long way back. My friends BMW still has the old Apple connector cable built into the car lol.

Audi supports it I believe.

edit: oops, stated above.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I gotta be honest.

I don't need to use maps, but a couple times of year.

So just regular in car BT is fine for my needs. I can listen to podcasts/music and field the occasional call.

That's all I really want/need in my car.

Ty4on

I gotta be honest.

I don't need to use maps, but a couple times of year.

So just regular in car BT is fine for my needs. I can listen to podcasts/music and field the occasional call.

That's all I really want/need in my car.
I haven't used Android Auto, but I guess it makes it a lot easier to change what you're playing and going through contacts.

Top Bottom