• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterHero

It will be Miyamoto on the Wii U pad vs. Reggie, Iwata, Bill, and the shocking return of George Harrison with Wii Remotes to disrupt the power status quo

Kjellson

It will be Miyamoto on the Wii U pad vs. Reggie, Iwata, Bill, and the shocking return of George Harrison with Wii Remotes to disrupt the power status quo
060809browimage.jpg

If you're just talking about adding IR sensors and maybe some motion sensors to a headset, it's not a big deal. Many people are already using them for playing online. I've never used head tracking but that video by Johnny Lee Chung appeared to be a cheap way to implement 3D. Perhaps they could make it so it isn't a requirement and could be toggled off an on in a game?

As far as a 3D visor goes. I doubt it will happen, but it could. The only reason I bring it up is because Wii U already streams video. Nintendo are already using a lot of these features, they're just using the Upad to do it.

I believe Nintendo's never given up the VR dream from the 90s. Only question is, will Sony beat them to the punch? MS is riding high on Kinect, but Sony have stated interest in several experimental technologies recently...

HylianTom

Banned
Better yet, the stage is entirely dark.

A spotlight comes on. It illuminates Miyamoto. He's holding a uPad. We can hear feint sound effects from the game he's playing.

Another spotlight comes on. It's Reggie. He's playing also. He's laughing like a maniac, in usual fashion.

Then, another spotlight. Iwata. He's playing, laughing, and tossing his hair in dramatic fashion.

This goes on for some time.

Then, another spotlight is flipped on. Mark Rein is there with his uPad, wry smile on his face. The volume for the music of the game they're playing finally comes up. The screen above the stage lights-up, showing a really gorgeous game with all of their characters. The music intensifies. The game goes from one game to the next, with the foursome's characters shown in different settings, genres, etc. The games shown are a smorgasboard of graphical showcases, going on for some time to overwhelm the viewers and crowd. The crowd goes nuts.

/scene

MisterHero

Miyamoto and Reggie arrive on-stage from a phonebooth from out of nowhere

They present a history report of famous historical game developers. Hideo Kojima, Hironobu Sakaguchi, Yuji Naka, Keiji Inafune, Satoshi Tajiri, and John Carmack

they have to travel through time to bring us this Wii U History Report of Software Support otherwise they get sent to military school, and Wii-ld Stallyns never comes to be

also they fight Evil Robot Us versions of them

Linkhero1

Better yet, the stage is entirely dark.

A spotlight comes on. It illuminates Miyamoto. He's holding a uPad. We can hear feint sound effects from the game he's playing.

Another spotlight comes on. It's Reggie. He's playing also. He's laughing like a maniac, in usual fashion.

Then, another spotlight. Iwata. He's playing, laughing, and tossing his hair in dramatic fashion.

This goes on for some time.

Then, another spotlight is flipped on. Mark Rein is there with his uPad, wry smile on his face. The volume for the music of the game they're playing finally comes up. The screen above the stage, showing a really gorgeous game with all of their characters. The music intensifies. The game goes from one game to the next, with the foursome's characters shown in different settings, genres, etc. The games shown are a smorgasboard of graphical showcases, going on for some time to overwhelm the viewers and crowd. The crowd goes nuts.

/scene
Wooo. You sure know how to get a man hyped HT

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Random hype question: Who are we going to see on the stage first during the Press Conference?

A: Reggie
B: Miyamoto (And Bill)
C: Iwata
D: Reggie and Miyamoto (And Bill)
E: Reggie and Iwata
F: Miyamoto and Iwata (And Bill)
G: All 3. (And Bill)

Bill Trinen.

HylianTom

Banned
Wooo. You sure know how to get a man hyped HT
Thanks! It's just off the top of my head. I'm sure I could refine the hell out of it for massive damage.

The games shown in the highlight reel could have their names, and other logos or details. At the start of the reel, a "UE3" logo could be seen in the corner of some games. But for the second half, the music could change tempo for a moment, and there could be a noticeable jump in visual effects in the games that follow this tempo change - with a "UE4" logo in the corner, easily-visible.

It'd be so much fun to write a script for this kind of thing. :)

That's why I linked to a post complaining about the article, rather than IGN itself...
I noticed immediately, haha..

Kacho

Nintendo annouces a new name for the Wii U or plans to change it at the investors meeting. Think about it!
Ain't gonna happen

HylianTom

Banned
This is the year Reggie farts onstage at the conference and third-party relations are ruined forever.
Holy shit?

Hey Reggie (or Reggie's flying monkeys): are you reading this? Good. If you want to send NintendoGAF a shout-out during the conference, there needs to be a reference to Regie farting at some point during the conference. I'll have it on my Nintendo E3 Bingo Card.

Cheers!

Nilaul

I wonder what would Sheldon have to say/speculate about the Wii U.

Wasnt there supposed be a 2nd person leaking something about the Wii U today?

M74

So looking back at pictures of the console, I just realized something. The red sync button appears to be on the face of the console, exposed, uncovered (unlike the current Wii). That seems to me like a signal that they expect the syncing of different peripherals to be common enough to want access to that button without the hassle of opening the front hatch every time. Given the expense of purchasing multiple Upads, and the rumored functionality of tying your accounts to the pad itself, it seems Yamauchi's dream of having people carry their consoles to other people's houses might soon be fulfilled (sort of). And they didn't even need a lunchbox handle.

So looking back at pictures of the console, I just realized something. The red sync button appears to be on the face of the console, exposed, uncovered (unlike the current Wii). That seems to me like a signal that they expect the syncing of different peripherals to be common enough to want access to that button without the hassle of opening the front hatch every time. Given the expense of purchasing multiple Upads, and the rumored functionality of tying your accounts to the pad itself, it seems Yamauchi's dream of having people carry their consoles to other people's houses might soon be fulfilled (sort of). And they didn't even need a lunchbox handle.

Seems reasonable.
Though, the question becomes, how much could you transfer with your Pad...
Actually.
Know what would be awesome? Because able to like, transfer your characters from SSBU to a friend's console, without overwriting their save.

MisterHero

Know what would be awesome? Because able to like, transfer your characters from SSBU to a friend's console, without overwriting their save.
Strangely enough, nothing ever came out of the idea to transfer your play data to the Wii Remote's small storage function.

the only things that used it were Miis (and Mii games, I suppose)

udivision

Did anyone every use the "Wiimote Can Store Junk" feature?
I'm not talking about devs. I'm talking about us.

I know you can store Miis and Monster Hunter Tri characters on Wiimotes... never really did that though.

Did anyone every use the "Wiimote Can Store Junk" feature?
I'm not talking about devs. I'm talking about us.

I know you can store Miis and Monster Hunter Tri characters on Wiimotes... never really did that though.

Yeah, I did. As it was, it was still a terribly underutilized feature. That's why I was a little upset about today's IdeaMan information. If there are features that Nintendo can't get out by the release of the Wii U, then those features might never get fully developed until the following generation rolls around.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Has anyone posted this Saturo Iwata: roleplay article from Gamesindustry.biz yet?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-04-23-role-playing-nintendos-satoru-iwata

Last month, we kicked off the new "Role-Playing" feature series with newly hired Microsoft executive Phil Harrison. This month, we're switching gears and asked our panel of journalists to assume the big shoes of Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata.

While 3DS would appear to be doing quite well now, Nintendo is at an interesting point in its console business. The company is looking at a fall/holiday launch of the Wii U and the new system needs to get off to a strong start before Microsoft and Sony launch their respective new hardware.

Here's the question we put to our panel:

You're Satoru Iwata. Your company's current Wii console has been all but forgotten, you're feeling immense pressure from social and mobile, and there's constant talk about Microsoft and Sony's next-gen consoles. E3 is your opportunity to make a big splash and to make sure that consumers will want a Wii U this holiday, rather than wait a year for a PS4 or new Xbox. What do you do?

I wouldn't say I'm expecting it, but I wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo vs. Capcom actually happens. It'd fill a gap in Wii U's lineup nicely, seeing as the next SSB will likely be a Q4 2014 release, if not later.

Yup,, totally agree. After the ridiculous success of the Mario and Sonic Olympics franchise I'd say it's a no-brainer. Mario and Sonic paired together has been a license to print money for both Sega and Nintendo, in fact it's probably the only franchise that's kept Sega afloat these last couple of years.

Nintendo vs Capcom would not only sell like hotcakes but would also be a system seller.

Bugger, have got behind yet again lol

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Random hype question: Who are we going to see on the stage first during the Press Conference?

A: Reggie
B: Miyamoto (And Bill)
C: Iwata
D: Reggie and Miyamoto (And Bill)
E: Reggie and Iwata
F: Miyamoto and Iwata (And Bill)
G: All 3. (And Bill)

Gabe, Kotick and Tim Cook holding hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom