• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

Regarding the EA/Origin thing, would they have the gall to target only Nintendo? What about Microsoft and Sony? Would they pressure those two companies and give them the same treatment or not go after them at all for fear of backlash? The latter would be hypocritical.

if i had to guess, i think with nintendo, they might have been in negotiations at the time of last e3 and nintendo backed out, resulting in ea getting pissy.

pramath

Banned
has Batman really been reported to be shit? how do you port a GOTY level game into shit?

Bogus if anyone is.

I've seen this one with my own eyes, and I can say it's probably slightly superior on Wii U visually. Some of the Upad function is useless, but other stuff is downright cool. Overall it adds to the game.

denshuu

Ugh, with all the repots of Sega All-Stars Racing being trash on the Wii U, I'm thinking I'm just going to continue buying all multiplatform games for the PS3. That brings the games I'm picking up on launch to Mario Bros and.. yeah, that's it. Mighty Switch Force HD if their online infrastructure works on launch day. Which it won't, because it's Nintendo.

Whatevs though, I've got a few Wii games to play until the "launch window" games hit. Going to finally get into Rhythm Heaven Fever.

pramath

Banned
Ugh, with all the repots of Sega All-Stars Racing being trash on the Wii U, I'm thinking I'm just going to continue buying all multiplatform games for the PS3. That brings the games I'm picking up on launch to Mario Bros and.. yeah, that's it. Mighty Switch Force HD if their online infrastructure works on launch day. Which it won't, because it's Nintendo.

Whatevs though, I've got a few Wii games to play until the "launch window" games hit. Going to finally get into Rhythm Heaven Fever.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

I think with PC getting a shit port RE4, I'll continue to get all my multiplats on PS3 as well.

AzaK

I heard the worst port currently for the Wii U is Sonic All-Star Racing.
Horrible framerate, weird filter they put.

Let me find the preview.

EDIT: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/09/hands_on_wii_u_third_party_round_up

<shudder>

Ugh, with all the repots of Sega All-Stars Racing being trash on the Wii U, I'm thinking I'm just going to continue buying all multiplatform games for the PS3. .

Why not take it on a per title basis? There's bound to be some good ports with added functionality on Wii U.

mgcastro

EA had my money in their pockets, nonetheless they have made it easier for me to pick up ZombiU.

I'll join that Twitter-port-begging thing just for shits 'n giggles, but first I need to figure out how to tweet from my DSi. lol

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I've never played a Monster Hunter game. Should I look into MH 3G U?

let's be clear here - MH is -NOT- for everyone. I know with 5m sold for the PSP iteration and coming on for 1.8 or so for the 3DS version here in Japan that it looks like everyone loves the game but it really is an aquired taste.

There's going to be a lot of people new to the franchise who will quickly throw up their arms and go "What the HELL -is- this?!?" - if you stick with it, there's a hefty reward but i have no doubts at all that a large percent of people who haven't played MH will be baffled by the appeal of the game.

But yeah - MH 3G U is worth a look in my opinion, but i'm biased because it's one of my top three franchises of all time. I think it makes more sense if you are going to pair it with the 3DS version as well.

Kiryu

I would only get EA's Dead Space 3, Madden 13/14(I know but it's only football game that I could play), Battlefield 4. . . Not much of games I want from EA anymore.

Linkhero1

1nfwS.png

Oh the irony.

hatchx

Banned
let's be clear here - MH is -NOT- for everyone. I know with 5m sold for the PSP iteration and coming on for 1.8 or so for the 3DS version here in Japan that it looks like everyone loves the game but it really is an aquired taste.

There's going to be a lot of people new to the franchise who will quickly throw up their arms and go "What the HELL -is- this?!?" - if you stick with it, there's a hefty reward but i have no doubts at all that a large percent of people who haven't played MH will be baffled by the appeal of the game.

I was one of those who gave MH Tri a fair chance. I found it way too grindey and the menues too confusing to get into.

I'm not the least bit interested in MH3U, but it looks as if MH4 fixes most of those problems.

Effect

I think I'm at the point regardless of when my games arrive from NewEgg (Black Ops 2 and ZombiU) I'm walking out of GameStop with game to go along with my Wii U Deluxe edition (even though that comes with Nintendo Land). I'm going to be to hyped not to. Right now I'm down to Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, or Assassin's Creed 3. Batman: Arkham Asylum came with my PS3 but I've never beaten it but I did grow to like it. I haven't played any of the Assassin's Creed games and I just remember doing horribly at Ninja Gaiden when I was a kid but that trailer makes the game seem really fun. Also it doesn't have the stealth play the others do and I see that as a plus. Decisions hmm. Any advice?

It honestly up until today would have been Mass Effect 3 as I've come to really like what I've watched of the Galaxy at War multiplayer. I also wanted a good story (played ME1 on the 360) and a somewhat rpg like experience on the system. First with it being pushed back to launch window instead of launch day and then the trilogy news just killed that idea. I refuse to be screwed over and taken advantage of like that. The game on the other systems isn't an option as I'm not making new purchases for those systems and haven't in months.

BlankaBR

Banned
Wow, even with YouTube knocking the framerate down to 30FPS, you can see the slow framerate of the Wii U version.

I'll reserve final judgment for final builds, but as it is... not especially encouraging.
The kid talking on the video is a moron, all he says is: its looks a lot better, stuff stuff, u can't tell any diferen e by the 2 videos, dummmiie

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

But yeah - MH 3G U is worth a look in my opinion, but i'm biased because it's one of my top three franchises of all time. I think it makes more sense if you are going to pair it with the 3DS version as well.

I came into the series never playing anything remotely close to it. Took a while, and I would still call myself average at best, but I love it. An incredibly deep and rewarding game.

Meelow

Banned
Dat Framerate :(

It's too bad because the WiiU version LOOKS gorgeous. But come on son, fix that framerate.

Well you gotta remember, it is said that was from an older build of the game, so at launch so the frame rate might be much better.

P.S why do I feel when their is good Wii U news a bad one comes right after, it feels like people want the Wii U to not look good.

It's really annoying.

pramath

Banned
Those two videos remind me that a lot of people that are going to be reviewing and previewing these games are same the kind of people who post on Neogaf... Nintentrolls

:D

pramath

Banned
I think I'm at the point regardless of when my games arrive from NewEgg (Black Ops 2 and ZombiU) I'm walking out of GameStop with game to go along with my Wii U Deluxe edition (even though that comes with Nintendo Land). I'm going to be to hyped not to. Right now I'm down to Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, or Assassin's Creed 3. Batman: Arkham Asylum came with my PS3 but I've never beaten it but I did grow to like it. I haven't played any of the Assassin's Creed games and I just remember doing horribly at Ninja Gaiden when I was a kid but that trailer makes the game seem really fun. Also it doesn't have the stealth play the others do and I see that as a plus. Decisions hmm. Any advice?

It honestly up until today would have been Mass Effect 3 as I've come to really like what I've watched of the Galaxy at War multiplayer. I also wanted a good story (played ME1 on the 360) and a somewhat rpg like experience on the system. First with it being pushed back to launch window instead of launch day and then the trilogy news just killed that idea. I refuse to be screwed over and taken advantage of like that. The game on the other systems isn't an option as I'm not making new purchases for those systems and haven't in months.
Assassins Creed 3 by far

NateDrake

Those two videos remind me that a lot of people that are going to be reviewing and previewing these games are same the kind of people who post on Neogaf... Nintentrolls

:D

The Wii U guy in the video didn't sound like he even knew how to describe anything. "Dirt....idk what it is. Dirt stuff"

Earendil

Rock in a hard place for Mass Effect on Wii U. Porting all 3 games might be out of the budget from EA since we know how hurt for cash they are.......I kid I kid.....it may not be worth the money for them to do that.

A solid 150k in sales for Mass Effect 3 might actually let them break even on the port to the Wii U. How much do you think the budget was for the game?

Well someone on Twitter said they were expecting a buyout from SEGA.

lol

Yagharek

Is anyone really interested in ANY of EAs games on Wii U? Nothing seems interesting or unique. There is no effort going to any of their ports, unlike Ubisoft who at least have a new IP.

EA are basically being lazy and treating gamers with contempt (as usual). I won't be buying any of their games at all though, so maybe I'm a bit extreme on that side of things. But its all due to their bad customer relations and there are good games from other devs that make EA games completely redundant.

pramath

Banned
Is anyone really interested in ANY of EAs games on Wii U? Nothing seems interesting or unique. There is no effort going to any of their ports, unlike Ubisoft who at least have a new IP.

EA are basically being lazy and treating gamers with contempt (as usual). I won't be buying any of their games at all though, so maybe I'm a bit extreme on that side of things. But its all due to their bad customer relations and there are good games from other devs that make EA games completely redundant.

Activision and Ubisoft will bank off the Wii U launch

EA will sit back and realize they missed another opportunity.

Good on them.

AzaK

What else does EA have for launch?

Activision and Ubisoft will bank off the Wii U launch

EA will sit back and realize they missed another opportunity.
Good on them.

Why bother? I mean the industry is on a high with sales skyrocketting for hardware and software right? :^/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom