• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: "When Worlds Collide" [Insomniac game, leaked as R&C: Into The Nexus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
I would imagine to any of those people, "shit" = anything that isn't geared towards them. It's a reductionist way to look at things, as most gamers do. Games are either "epic" or "shit". Which is why those people go on my ignore list. Their opinions often lack any substance, so I'd just as soon not see them.

You. I like you.

JCreasy

Because they can do it with a lower budget and higher install base, this making them more money?

Logic is weird like that.

I know why Insomniac would do it. I just don't understand why Sony would.

In terms of bandwidth and resources, they need everything to push PS4.

Hell, I want more reasons to buy PS4.

krae_man

I apologize in advance for my crappy photoshop skills.

hMLSQs5.jpg

I'm gonna hope the deadzone of of creativity and energy fuming from the game called "Fuse" has not killed any of Brian Allgeier's talents with this franchise.

Maybe they have enough to push it. Would be a good sign that they're confident and ready to drop bombs sometimes later.

S¡mon

Banned
Wait, do I understand this correctly? Imsomniac has only been, uh, 'dating' with Microsoft for a few months, and they are already running back to its older lover: Sony?

Just kidding, of course. I'm glad they are doing something for PlayStation too; they are good developers. :)

It's from the Creative Director of the "good" ones, so...

We know this for sure? That's a good sign. Man, I'm trying not to get excited, but ACiT was so damn good.

Come to think of it, all of my favorite Ratchet games are the ones that involve Dr. Nefarious. Andrew Ryan Armin Shimerman is such a great voice actor for that character. I hope he's back too.

Is Insomniac making Sunset Overdrive, exclusive to Xbox One, and Ratchet, exclusive to PS3, at the same time? Has any developer ever done something like that before?

daniels

I hope its a R&C + Demons Souls crossover it could work the Giant archstone is still available and "into the nexus" also fits ;P

batbeg

Is Insomniac making Sunset Overdrive, exclusive to Xbox One, and Ratchet, exclusive to PS3, at the same time? Has any developer ever done something like that before?

The odd thing is that their games are first party published. Plenty of developers have concurrently developed games exclusive to separate systems, though, yes.

If it's of the quality of Tools of Destruction, A Crack in Time...shoot, even Quest 4 Booty was pretty fun, I'm all in. I didn't enjoy the last few entries, they just weren't the same but I'm always up for a genuine Ratchet and Clank game. I don't see the issue why this is for the PS3...there are still plenty of those systems out there, they can still make money there, I'm in.

Possum

Ted Price said:
Many of you may be asking what this news means for Insomniac. What about Ratchet & Clank? What about Fuse? Others may ask why we have “abandoned” our PlayStation heritage. The truth is, not a lot has changed. Insomniac has been, is, and will continue to be 100% independent. We have treasured that independence for the last 19 years. It now allows us to own and control our IP, and find the most suitable partners to make those IP a reality. While we are excited about partnering with Microsoft on Sunset Overdrive, that doesn’t mean we can’t or wouldn’t make games with our longtime friends at Sony. That’s the magic of being an independent developer.

#indiemagic

They have 2 studios right? One in LA area and one in North Carolina.

And part of their team is already working on Sunset Overdrive. They can really only support development of two games at a time with their size the way it is.

Also, I don't think you want another R&C game led by the North Carolina studio. They were responsible for FFA and A4O... =/

8byte

Banned

Hell, I want more reasons to buy PS4.

I imagine because a family friendly title will sell better and make more money for Sony (the publisher) on a cheaper platform with a bigger install base. PS4 ratchet wouldn't make them much money, so putting those resources into it may be risky.

Mrbob

So PS3 is pretty much confirmed? If it's good I'll still buy it but I'm really drooling at the prospect of a PS4 Ratchet game.

While PS3 is disappointing, you can at least look at it as a positive in one way. Insomniac's still making games in the series, and along with a movie coming in 2015 I think, the series isn't dead and we'll likely see a PS4 game in a few years.

Mifune

Mehmber
Boo this man. I love the amazing PS3 swan song honestly and I'm not even interested in the PS4 right now, but Sony needs more exclusives asap. They should stop with PS3 now.

20 in the first year not enough for you? Launch allocations are selling out regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom