• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Jusitce League plot leaked, spoilers.

Big Blue

Not gonna read this.

And I'm sure this has been mentioned a ridiculous number of times.

But it deserves to be called out. What precedent does this threads existent set? Should i expect a detailed thread for the outline of the final GoT season when it eventually leaks? I know GAF enjoys poking fun at dceu movies, but fans still want to go into the movie unspoiled whilst being allowed to discuss their hype on this forum.

I've not read the plot spoilers. I'm willing to bet a lot of super hero films sound stupid when laid bare.
If I'm trying to avoid GoT leaks, I wouldn't be posting in a thread specifically labelled GoT spoilers.

Cuburt

What route did people expect this film to take instead of an "Avengers" route of introducing heroes and then assembling the team? Should it have been Bruce opening up emails of quicktime files on his laptop for the first couple minutes and then time skip to the fully assembled JL arguing about whether they should dig up Superman's grave?

The Kree

Banned
What route did people expect this film to take instead of an "Avengers" route of introducing heroes and then assembling the team? Should it have been Bruce opening up emails of quicktime files on his laptop for the first couple minutes and then time skip to the fully assembled JL arguing about whether they should dig up Superman's grave?

They could have orchestrated a scenario where the heroes are forced to converge in one place to stop a common threat. They didn't have to go the deliberate lets assemble a team route.

Veelk

Banned
They could have orchestrated a scenario where the heroes are forced to converge in one place to stop a common threat. They didn't have to go the deliberate lets assemble a team route.

Well, that's kinda lame. Seeing the heroes together is more than just them being in the same physical location. The fundamental appeal of them is their relationships together. I like seeing batman and superman act as friends. Seeing martian man hunter and superman bond over being beings who both lost their home planet. Stuff like that.

I don't know if they need to be a team to make this happen, but they need to be friends. I have little interest in a justice league that's nothing but business.

Could've been dope to see a New Frontier type situation.

But as is, it has a little of that.
Ultimately you have Cyborg, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman join Batman for their own reasons. Flash is the only one who immediately joins up with Batman, and from the sounds of things, gets in way over his head.

Penguin

It's like the League's original origins, but it's kind of goofy as well with how they all end up there.

Cuburt

"Is he with you?"

"I thought he was with you!"

The script practically writes itself.

Seriously though, they still would have to spend time introducing characters to the audience and give them context, even if it is retroactively through exposition. Plus, if they just appear you have to deal with the questions of "well if they just showed up, why weren't they there to fight Doomsday or Zod when he was about to terraform the Earth?"

Team origin movies are still an origin story about the circumstances a team got together, so I don't think you can really dance around that if the main characters are all an ensemble of characters sharing the spotlight.

The Kree

Banned
Well, that's kinda lame. Seeing the heroes together is more than just them being in the same physical location. The fundamental appeal of them is their relationships together. I like seeing batman and superman act as friends. Seeing martian man hunter and superman bond over being beings who both lost their home planet. Stuff like that.

I don't know if they need to be a team to make this happen, but they need to be friends. I have little interest in a justice league that's nothing but business.

What if you frame it like a war movie, and you have people who don't really know each other in combat together forced to bond as a matter of survival? Drop them in the middle of a conflict right at the beginning, but give them moments of respite to get to know each other in a non combat state. If they really want to differentiate themselves from Marvel they don't need to betray the characters when they can just change the story structure.

And LMFAO at
WW and Cyborg being a couple
. Wanna see this just for the alt right tears.

DyV8pB8.png

Cuburt

What if you frame it like a war movie, where you have people who don't really know each other in combat together forced to bond as a matter of survival? Drop them in the middle of a conflict right at the beginning, but give them moments of respite to get to know each other in a non combat state. If they really want to differentiate themselves from Marvel they don't need to betray the characters when they can just change the story structure.

Or they can meet in a prison and realize they have to reluctantly form a team to stop a powerful evil being from destroying the universe.

No one has done that yet.

I would have liked to have seen what Snyder could have done with some lantern powers

Feels like that property was so tainted by that Ryan Reynolds movie cuz otherwise a GL would surely have been in this
Batman is going to get lantern power sooner or later, because why not.

Glass Rebel

It sounds about as bland as any point for point rundown of a cape movie but the Whedonesque bits mixed together with whatever bullshit Snyder was cooking up make me think that this is going to be some hot garbage.

vio

Seems very straightforward, what a lot of people wanted i guess. It`s all about execution tough.

edit: Blaming 100% Whedon and WB if movie sucks and the score suck.

okdakor

We don't even know what part of the movie is Snyder's and which is Whedon's.

The parts with bloated Ben and a different hairpiece are Whedon's. Also the ones where Superman has some digital blur around his mouth.

Wait, wasn't it "Unite the Seven"? Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Cyborg, Flash, and Aquaman, that's 6. So who's the seventh?

Is it just Lois?

They teased that Lois is actually Green Lantern in the last trailer...

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Guardians of The Galaxy characters were unknowns even more than the Justice League characters though.

You don't necessarily need solo movies before the teamups (even though I wish there were ones for Rocket & Groot - and am still hoping they actually do one on their origins).

Then even after seeing it and the second film I don't really care for those like Drax at all and Starlord to a certain extent (Gamora is ok I guess) so I mostly just watch them for Rocket and Groot. So people can watch Justice League for one or two characters too.

Guardians of the Galaxy was not a team up of individually well known characters though. Having a large cast isn't the issue. Guardians also didn't have individual films for say Star Lord or Gamora that were middling to bad to sour things. Guardians was new, and it did its job competently. Man of Steel and Batman V Superman already lowered my own expectations for Justice League. I like Jason Mamoa, so perhaps solo Aquaman turning out well might have me back in for the next film.

Guardians of the Galaxy was not a team up of individually well known characters though. Having a large cast isn't the issue. Guardians also didn't have individual films for say Star Lord or Gamora that were middling to bad to sour things. Guardians was new, and it did its job competently. Man of Steel and Batman V Superman already lowered my own expectations for Justice League. I like Jason Mamoa, so perhaps solo Aquaman turning out well might have me back in for the next film.

Very true. Guardians was so great in part because the gang was thrown together by circumstance, and we got to know them as the film progressed.

It’s only a problem if not handled correctly.

shoreu

He shows up at the end in the Kent farm,sitting on Paper Kent's priceless couch.

Code:
[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3VOtIL1Ls5HW0FiGzbtKFRJ2thROFfZFSVMZYfmkCui22MfpG[/IMG]

This and the next few panels were hilarious

JimiNutz

Banned
All I need to know is whether there is a Wonder Woman sex scene? Does the movie end with the full team running a train on that beautiful Greek goddess?

Veelk

Banned
What if you frame it like a war movie, and you have people who don't really know each other in combat together forced to bond as a matter of survival? Drop them in the middle of a conflict right at the beginning, but give them moments of respite to get to know each other in a non combat state. If they really want to differentiate themselves from Marvel they don't need to betray the characters when they can just change the story structure.

I feel that's splitting hairs. In Avengers, the team was put in the same physical location by Fury, but the reason they succeed is because they unite against a threat they cannot stop alone. The "We have to come together to stop this thing we can't do on our own" is kind of a staple of the team up genre. Even suicide squad did this. The only distinction your suggesting is cutting fury out and letting the world events put them in the same location.

Which....*shrug* I guess what I'm saying is that I don't really care about the plot stucture. It's plot. They can do the same thing as avengers or do something radically different or something inbetween. Hell, I would take a movie that has them all sitting in a room and chatting with each other the entire time as long as the character work is done.

That's the important bit, the character work. I honestly don't care how they get to it so long as that's done. If they want to use the avengers plot structure because that plot structure is effective at getting to that, then I don't fault them for it.

I was just kidding about the 1.7B, but it'll still make bank. BvS and SS were straight up garbage and made major bank. WW was good, but not that good to have the legs it did. DC movies are kind of special like that, or at least they've been so far.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
They made a scene of Flash and Superman racing to see who can save more people.

Wow.

Top Bottom