• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Oh fantastic - I really don't need to make it myself, just don't want the game to go without an OT.

I meant *someone* claiming it, but not me, lol.

That's why I end up doing so many, lol.

I need to..

tumblr_oa9d26cgrr1tpafe6o1_500.gif

Forgot the word "someone"

I only have Ni No Kuni II outstanding...

cj_iwakura

Well, the bolded part adds information here. Just saying "12 hours before release" was very vague and left room for discussion as it didn't make clear which release region it would refer to or what would happen in case of broken street dates. I for example didn't know that posting OTs early due to broken street days was OK. But if you want to make it more specific in the new thread, then it should really be this specific.

Not sure how much of an effect it will have anyway. If I post an OT 12 hours before midnight in Australia, then that's still more than a day out for New York (assuming a launch on the same date), giving plenty of time for "HYPE" posts despite following the 12 hour guideline since only a minority of users on here is Australia-based. Anyway, haven't really come across threads where there were issues related to the current vague guidelines ("no more than one day before release") so I guess the issues you described aren't very widespread.

As long as those are games that nobody cares about, it's not an issue I guess. Having an OT OT that's up-to-date should also help.

And no, nobody has talked to him/her apparently. luulubuu was busy whining about how mean I am ;)
You are being out of line, people do it same day all the time.

Quick

Banned
My only suggestion with the new OT OT (err OT OT2?) is to keep the claiming format as posted in the OP.

[OT] before the title to reflect Off-Topic threads, none to assume gaming side. Not that it was a big deal, but I think people mistook the tag here and probably made it a little confusing. Unless you also want a distinction for gaming side threads - maybe a [Gaming] tag before the thread claim.

TheMoon

Welp, I guess Nemesis missed that original claim :/

My only suggestion with the new OT OT (err OT OT2?) is to keep the claiming format as posted in the OP.

[OT] before the title to reflect Off-Topic threads, none to assume gaming side. Not that it was a big deal, but I think people mistook the tag here and probably made it a little confusing. Unless you also want a distinction for gaming side threads - maybe a [Gaming] tag before the thread claim.

I have no intentions of changing anything there. It works quite well. Not really looking to "change" anything at all really. I'll just add some passive aggressive nonsense about reading OPs :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom