• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

1. The tribe is when Bruce Wayne got sent back when he was "killed" during Final Crisis. It is in the first issue of Grant Morrison's Return of Bruce Wayne miniseries.
2. That is Plastic Man.
3.The Joker stuff deals with the stuff from Endgame in Snyder's Batman run.
I love this

I love all of this

DC multiversal lore payoff is the best. Just knowing that this shit ties back is amazing.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just finished Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine.
It was ok, I can see why people like it and it had some cool ideas, but tbh after reading it I want Aaron to stay the fuck away from Spider-Man.
Way to quippy written, it checks almost all boxes I dont like.

liked kong skull island, so went and watched godzilla 2014. Was poop, but then i thought "oh hey, maybe those IDW Godzilla comics are decent"

No. They most definitely aren't.

Well, Godzilla in Hell and Cataclysm aren't, anyway.

Onwards to shin godzilla.

liked kong skull island, so went and watched godzilla 2014. Was poop, but then i thought "oh hey, maybe those IDW Godzilla comics are decent"

No. They most definitely aren't.

Well, Godzilla in Hell and Cataclysm aren't, anyway.

Onwards to shin godzilla.

The first issue of Godzilla in Hell is great, though. Because Stokoe art.

Messi

Saga and Deadly Class are the good shit. Top tier image. Very few books up there for me. Probably just those and Low.

Saw this posted on Twitter about the Marvel Legacy reveal:

DDCtXe9WAAA9fs7.jpg

DDCtaDtWAAAvWbw.jpg

DDCtaidXYAEpxhz.jpg

Finished Morrison's Animal Man, and now thinking of starting another. Saga? Good shit?

If you want to stay in the Morrison / Ellis "slightly meta" wheelhouse, Morrison's Doom Patrol run is great (but looooong), Invisibles is great (but also long, and even further removed from any concept of superheroics), Transmetropolitan is great (and has become frighteningly topical again in the current political climate), Planetary is freaking amazing (a bit more "superhero"-y while also being very much a meta-commentary on comics), and NextWAVE is the greatest goddamned comic book in the history of comics (Ellis and Immonen going "let's have some FUN"). I'd also maybe recommend Morrison's Seven Soldiers of Victory, which doesn't stick the landing, but is impressive for what it does do (and you'll probably love 4 of the 7 stories, albeit which 4 will vary from person to person, for me it was Shining Knight, Klarion, Frankenstein, and the Guardian)

Saga is great, but it's still ongoing, and definitely goes through some ebbs and flows.

Malyse

I'm surprised that DC hasn't announced a Wonder Woman family or the revival of Sensation Comics a la the Bat-family/Detective and Super-family/Action. I would love an Artemis book and a Donna/Cassie team book. But then again, the first new arc from the next team is focused on her brother, so maybe temper my expectations.

The first issue of Godzilla in Hell is great, though. Because Stokoe art.

Ah true true. The first ish was very promissing. Expected him to go through the levels, wot with Lust being clearly labeled and him dropping down to the next at the end of it. That the following ish was by a different guy and completely disregarded allathat, opting instead just to revisit his foes gallery, was... considerably disappointing, even if the art was quite nice.

I'm surprised that DC hasn't announced a Wonder Woman family or the revival of Sensation Comics a la the Bat-family/Detective and Super-family/Action. I would love an Artemis book and a Donna/Cassie team book. But then again, the first new arc from the next team is focused on her brother, so maybe temper my expectations.

I think they need that build that family up a bit more before making it into a comic.

Messi

BTW, Adam Hughes confirmed on twitter he is done with Betty and Veronica (I will wait for Freeza to post No Shit). So take that person who told me 3 wasn't his final issue, Betty vs Veronica was the first arcs name and that more was coming. That shit was NEVER happening. 3 issues in 2 years. My goodness.

You just have to wait then. I'm guessing we might see them whenever they decided to bring back the JSA and Legion of Superheroes.

Doomsday clock seems like the next big phase in Rebirth so I'm guessing we'll get a JSA reveal there. I'm not optimistic for Shazam though, been whining for an ongoing since his backups in JL :/.

Saw this posted on Twitter about the Marvel Legacy reveal:

lol, I was hoping that at worst Marvel Legacy would just flat out ape rebirth (and end up being good, no shame in imitating if you do it just as well), but at this point it seems like they're taking the wrong lesson from DC and just mining for nostalgia :/.

I never imagined rebirth being this successful and Marvel floundering this much.

Started Kang Dynasty and damn, this is really good. My favorite avengers story so far.

Malyse

I think they need that build that family up a bit more before making it into a comic.

Instead of Superman/Wonder Woman, it should be Wonder Woman/Shazam.

Wonder Woman
Wonder Girls (Cassie and Donna)
Shazam!
Captain Marvel
Sensation Comics

And if they want, they can fold in otherwise orphaned female lead books like Manhunter or Huntress.

Instead of Superman/Wonder Woman, it should be Wonder Woman/Shazam.

Wonder Woman
Wonder Girls (Cassie and Donna)
Shazam!
Captain Marvel
Sensation Comics

And if they want, they can fold in otherwise orphaned female lead books like Manhunter or Huntress.

That could work, but that seems a bit iffy to me.

So I was debating replacing my old and tattered Transmetropolitan TPBs with the digital copies on CMX, but now i'm going "Hmm... those Transmet Absolutes might be awful nice..."

but reviews of them online seem a bit mixed. Some are saying that the art looks a bit pixelated blown up and the colors are faded-out compared to the original, but some say the art looks amazing and that any complaint about color vibrancy is just due to the super-matte paper they used.

Anyone here actually have the Transmet Absolutes? Are they good?

So I was debating replacing my old and tattered Transmetropolitan TPBs with the digital copies on CMX, but now i'm going "Hmm... those Transmet Absolutes might be awful nice..."

but reviews of them online seem a bit mixed. Some are saying that the art looks a bit pixelated blown up and the colors are faded-out compared to the original, but some say the art looks amazing and that any complaint about color vibrancy is just due to the super-matte paper they used.

Anyone here actually have the Transmet Absolutes? Are they good?

They are great. I actually love that the paper is matte and not glossy (like the Animal Man omnibus). Great binding too. I hope DC uses similar paper for the Fourth World omnibus.

And the new artwork for the covers/slipcase is great.

Some images from when I received my v1 and v2.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=168447402&postcount=7140

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=200832068&postcount=3526

You may want to take my enthusiasm with a grain of salt, this is easily in my personal top 5 comics list.

BTW, Adam Hughes confirmed on twitter he is done with Betty and Veronica (I will wait for Freeza to post No Shit). So take that person who told me 3 wasn't his final issue, Betty vs Veronica was the first arcs name and that more was coming. That shit was NEVER happening. 3 issues in 2 years. My goodness.

This dude needs to just stick to covers and the occasional one-shot.

Sandfox

It was me and I realized I was wrong a while ago lol. I loathed that book and I don't really have the best feelings towards Archie so I'm glad.

Messi

This dude needs to just stick to covers and the occasional one-shot.

He said he has moved onto his next project. Due by Christmas. He didn't say what year so I think he might hit his deadline.

It was me and I realized I was wrong a while ago lol. I loathed that book and I don't really have the best feelings towards Archie so I'm glad.

Shit book that wasn't worth the time put into it. What was with that weird filter he put over his art that made everything look hazy and crap.

Maybe Archie wanted more but it was never coming from Hughes. Hes not cut out for that kind of work. He should go away and work on one of those DC premier books that they have coming out. I would love to see a Catwoman one by him. His Catwoman and Batman pages from Black and White were great.

IrishNinja

Lemire has left.

wait, for real? fuck, i know his OML run is done but Moon Knight too? maaaaaan

It feels like they don't have a clue what to do since Secret Wars ended and Hickman and Remender left, so they're just throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks. Giving Bendis the first big crossover event after that and making it Civil War 2 just made it look like they panicked.

yeah, looking at Pleasant Hill & especially CW2, can't argue this. they need to realize benids is not the "safe" choice for big events

The reason so many people jumped over to Image is because they can create the books they want, retain ownership of the property, and get paid more than they were at Marvel. Marvel has no excuse not to pay these people what they're worth, but a lot of creators, even big names, are still struggling financially, and there's no reason for it.

ah see i just assumed it was because image is creator owned/no real editorial mess, wasn't aware they were paying better too now...damn, good on them but marvel's really fucking up then

Messi

yeah, looking at Pleasant Hill & especially CW2, can't argue this. they need to realize benids is not the "safe" choice for big events

ah see i just assumed it was because image is creator owned/no real editorial mess, wasn't aware they were paying better too now...damn, good on them but marvel's really fucking up then

Moon Knight is already gone and Old Man Logan is going on without him. Ed Brisson is taking over on writing.

Sandfox

If you're successful creator owned stuff brings in bank and leads to TV/movies. KSD and Fraction for example have pretty much left comics for TV.

tkscz

1. The tribe is when Bruce Wayne got sent back when he was "killed" during Final Crisis. It is in the first issue of Grant Morrison's Return of Bruce Wayne miniseries.
2. That is Plastic Man.
3.The Joker stuff deals with the stuff from Endgame in Snyder's Batman run.

So then, my question is, does this take place in the pre-52 verse? It felt like it while reading it.

Malyse

Also, Mary Marvel should stay a villain.
Code:
[img]https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111157701/3931911-9465587428-tumbl.jpg[/img]

IrishNinja

Moon Knight is already gone and Old Man Logan is going on without him. Ed Brisson is taking over on writing.

yeah, knew about Brisson but wasn't sure Moon Knight was wrapped up...damn shame, that was one of post ANAD's best

If you're successful creator owned stuff brings in bank and leads to TV/movies. KSD and Fraction for example have pretty much left comics for TV.

can't blame them one bit, bummed about Fraction though - what all's he working on?

Reading more of New 52 Batwoman and why do I get the feeling that female Bat books were so much darker? Like shit. Drowning kids and a guy who fetishes girls' insides.

Nasty ass

But also super good
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/NXmKh0N_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high[/img]

yeah, knew about Brisson but wasn't sure Moon Knight was wrapped up...damn shame, that was one of post ANAD's best

can't blame them one bit, bummed about Fraction though - what all's he working on?
Don't worry, going by the Legacy covers Marvel are doing a Hawkeye and relaunching it with a new creative team. /s

(Post-Fraction Hawkeye's sales have sucked and dropped like a rock after the first issue every time)

Top Bottom