• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I really should've been paying attention to Steam even when I haven't used it in forever. Just learned about controller configuration/official DS4 support this morning. Now I can finally play Marathon on the comfort of my couch.

Also, question about Steam Controller/Steam Link: are either any good, and are there certain types of games (in my case, RPGs where hotkeying is important like Dragon Age: Origins and Pillars of Eternity) better with it? Planned on making a gaming PC over the summer, and didn't know if these were necessities for a better overall experience (and sorry if this question fits better in another thread).

MRORANGE

Psyched for Trails 3, I even did some Trails 3 and Ys VIII fanart.

Also yeah, excluding Trails 3 from highlighted games cause "hah hah anime is dumb" is really lame.

You do realise that highlights get submitted by people in this thread?

Nobody has written a recommendation for the game, hence why it wasn't included.

Maybe you could do one?

Recommendations sent to me by PM get posted into the OP.

sprinkles

No idea then!

Also yeah, it's nuts. Once Trails 3rd is out there's still two Cold Steel games coming in the summer and then Ys VIII and Tokyo Xanadu. Not as excited for Tokyo Xanadu but still wanna check it out.

5 Falcom games in a year and who knows if Xseed has some other old title being ported for the year.
Sadly there is still no news on the Crossbell games though. I will double dip on the Cold Steel games but hell no I won't play those again anytime soon. The last 10 hours of CS2 just dragged on and on and on...

But I'm really excited for Tokyo Xanadu!

AHA-Lambda

240 something friends and only two own What Remains of Edith Finch and Little Nightmares :/ Only started playing the second but a week after beating Edith and it's still lingering far more than any other gsme I've played recently. Short but perfectly paced.

Well personally speaking both are in my wish lists but I ain't paying £15 each for games that are 2 hours long, and I never have done so

Maybe you could do one?

I thought somebody already did, sounds like they didn't though, so my mistake!

Would i like trails in the sky if i enjoy grandia 2 and skies of arcadia ?

It's pretty safe to say that you would, yeah.

Personally I'm looking forward to Tokyo Xanadu, game seems pretty dope.

I failed at beating Nier before P5 and now I'm going to fail at beating it before 3rd. The games keep piling up even though I barely buy any games.

Saty

DoW 3's shaping-up-to-be lackluster sales signals the end of high-budget high-profile big publisher RTS games that aren't from Blizzard (when even they are doing a remake and no new release is in sight).

I remember reading how DX12 was supposed to give the genre a shot in the arm.

Doomedfool

I still have the first Trails to play, but then I look at How Long to Beat, realize I am someone that will play a game all the way to the end if I am enjoying it, and can't bring myself to invest the time yet. I'll get there, someday.

Tizoc

Maybe you could do one?

Pretty much this.
I specifically didn't do a write up, short or otherwise, for Trails 3 just to see if anyone would do it.

Kaleinc

Banned
DoW 3's shaping-up-to-be lackluster sales signals the end of high-budget high-profile big publisher RTS games that aren't from Blizzard (when even they are doing a remake and no new release is in sight).

I remember reading how DX12 was supposed to give the genre a shot in the arm.
According to DoW3 impressions posted in this very thread it's anything but high budget high profile RTS.

Amzin

I think I may have had the least time for gaming in April than I have in any month in my memory. I picked up Bayo day 1, started it day 2, and still have like 6 chapters left. My backlog expanded a few times and my wishlist did constantly.

I'm hoping May is better, but I'm moving in the middle of May so NOT optimistic :p

Knurek

Okay, an hour or so with RotTR was enough to convince me about the merits of gyro aiming.
How is this not a thing on consoles yet? Both PS4 and Switch have gyro...

Phawx

Okay, an hour or so with RotTR was enough to convince me about the merits of gyro aiming.
How is this not a thing on consoles yet? Both PS4 and Switch have gyro...

Gyro aiming is enabled by Default on Splatoons 2 and it's pretty bad.

Ascheroth

Pretty much this.
I specifically didn't do a write up, short or otherwise, for Trails 3 just to see if anyone would do it.
I asked yesterday whether the write-up was already taken or I would've done it - but it apparently was, so I didn't.
Someone has let us down :(

Tizoc

I asked yesterday whether the write-up was already taken or I would've done it - but it apparently was, so I didn't.
Someone has let us down :(

Multiple write up for games are fine, so you should've written and sent it in anyways ;D

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
*looks at gaming*
*it's another thread of people telling others that they are fanboys while they are blind to their own fanboyism*

slow news indeed

Completely, yes. It doesn't have a single redeeming feature.

I'm probably going to play it anyway just to spite you all. Ha!

Okay, more because I finished replaying the original three games and I'm kinda curious how the 'reboot' compares to that anyway. I'm sure "Derrick01 was right" will apply, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

As for SOMA: I like the walking puzzle parts, but I fucking hate the bullshit design with
the monsters. Fucking homing beacon up my butt that destroys any sense of diegetic reality. And the game refuses to tell you anything about that or wtf the rules are or even what it expects you to do. Like, that is what 'hints' are for, game.
You know I have liked the Penumbra games since they first made them, but I am looking at this a decade beyond that and I feel there's a distinct lack of progress in 'gaming design convention' here that still shows that it's just a bunch of guys in an attic, but that is also really ruining it for me.

Then again, there other game I'm playing is Serious Sam 2, which is "whoa, why did nobody see this as racist before actually making it" - the game. And turret and vehicle sections that are horribly boring, and you have lives to boot. It's the red-haired stepchild of the series for good reason. Maybe just gonna skip this and go retry the third entry. I got frustrated with that one too, but after playing the first two encounters I'm probably more accepting of its bullshit. And yes, these games do have that, but it's kind of for a good cause of illustrating that bad design can be used for arbitrary difficulty.

I'll reply to this from the other thread, because I feel quite strongly about it.

Atlus is the only company which ever released a region-locked retail PS3 game.

Atlus is a niche JRPG company which violently opposed to dual audio in their JRPGs until 2016.

Atlus Is a company which disabled screenshots and took down video streams of their game in 2017.

Are you sure you want to make an argument that Atlus is not ass-backwards?

It's amazing how Atlus manages to rival the worst of Iwata-era Nintendo when it comes to Japan-centrism, conservatism, and overall insularity. Thank god they're merely a third party and not a platform holder.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
6PVOm7M.png

got around playing the pathologic remake demo

as a longtime fan of ice pick lodge's games i'm pretty happy with it, as a microcosm of what the real game is gonna be, it promises to be quite the experience, with the trademark lack of guidance that you'd expect from ipl

in this case i feel that sort of works against the game since i finished my demo time feeling like i'd missed stuff i didn't get to because of how tedious moving around is and how much the game relies on you just stumbling unto interesting things

lucky thing is that things you stumble unto are almost always very unsettling and bizarre, and the general tone of the whole thing carries the dread of the dying town really well. the writing is actually comprehensible this time, despite some weird lines, and you can get a sense of frustration and hopelessness from the bachelor that gives him character where in the little i played from original, all his dialogue just read as gibberish

so yeah, makes me very optimistic about the final game, i wasn't really pleased with how knock-knock came out (even tho i loved their kickstarter campaign and i'm really happy with my pledge) and i love the void so seems like good things are ahead
I got the original Pathologic from one of the very first non-Humble site bundles. I've never been able to convince myself it's worth diving into. Those monsters look quite like the creatures from The Village, came out a year before.
Prey is really that short? All those interesting mechanics and they waste them on a short game.

Just going by what people are saying the last few pages.
No one said anything of the sort here. If it's short I'd be more likely to replay it with a different build anyway. Games with multiple play-styles that last 40+ hours aren't doing themselves any favors.

Cels

i missed out on the original prey

was it any good? i know the one coming out on friday doesn't really have a connection but apparently the OG one isn't on steam unless you get a retail key which is kind of hard to get unless condone grey market keys like g2a and their ilk

worth the trouble?

I'm probably going to play it anyway just to spite you all. Ha!

Okay, more because I finished replaying the original three games and I'm kinda curious how the 'reboot' compares to that anyway. I'm sure "Derrick01 was right" will apply, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice.
scfh6k65.gif

A VR experience? Man... I just wish they brought more obscure RPG or RPG-like things over.

(Also: I wish that Fortune Summoners ran on Windows 10...)

Jawmuncher

i missed out on the original prey

was it any good? i know the one coming out on friday doesn't really have a connection but apparently the OG one isn't on steam unless you get a retail key which is kind of hard to get unless condone grey market keys like g2a and their ilk

worth the trouble?

It was a really fun and solid shooter. If you play it, you'll probably just be more sad that the prey we're getting has no relation to it.

"Dynasty Feud for Beta Testing" is removed from my library due to "payment issues". I don't remember where I got it but this is the first game that has been revoked from my library due to payment.
I don't understand how a beta key can be revoked due to payment but the main question would be does this affect my account in any other way?
6tywf.png

"Dynasty Feud for Beta Testing" is removed from my library due to "payment issues". I don't remember where I got it but this is the first game that has been revoked from my library due to payment.
I don't understand how a beta key can be revoked due to payment but the main question would be does this affect my account in any other way?

Don't worry, it doesn't have anything to do with payment and shouldn't affect your account in any way. Some pubs/devs revoke beta keys in that manner, instead of using ones that expire (or using a better message).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom