• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Nymerio

I've only played the occasional game the last couple of months and a couple of days ago I got PL in AR. What's the verdict on his Aghs? Just thought I'd try it and I actually liked it a lot, great for clearing out creeps and camps especially with the bonus spirit lance talent.

Hylian7

Somehow I don't think I ever played against a Treant Protector since 7.00 until last night...how the fuck is that shit balanced.

I was Winter Wyvern supporting PA against Mirana Tree. A free stun for zero mana?! Even with all the detection in the world, I feel like it's not enough because he still bashes you anyway with no cost to him for doing so. To say it was frustrating to play against was an understatement, starting with them able to strongarm us off our rune.

Sibylus

Banned
True evil is facing a Sniper with one when you use whatever ability you have to get in his face, and then suddenly you're back at square one.

tbh I just don't like Sniper, pike or no
fire.gif

Low Tier
How to fixed US East ranked matchmaking:

1) Remove Juggernaut
2) If you have a student visa, you can only queue US West
3) Meepo can only be drafted within the first 2 picks
4) :v

So the Manila Masters guys invited NP as their last invite (as it turns out they're after the teams that bring in viewers and not the actual best teams). What a shock.

Twookie

I must have the worst luck when it comes to buying things related to pc-gaming.
the 4 last thing I've bought I've had to return because there either something wrong with it or that the thing I tried to apply it to were too badly designed
the wall brackets for my monitor cover the fucking ac-input-socket and the hdmi-socket of the monitor
dac15_sad.gif

i'm giving up, man

When's the 1v1 gonna Happen

it's either the second day of groupstage OR the second day of main event (most likely this one) I'm fairly certain

Hylian7

S T R A N G E J O U R N E Y remake boys!

People are shitting on it right now, but I have faith in this one.

SJ had a lot more to benefit from a remake than the Devil Survivor games IMO.

S T R A N G E J O U R N E Y remake boys!

People are shitting on it right now, but I have faith in this one.

SJ had a lot more to benefit from a remake than the Devil Survivor games IMO.

It might just be because i havent played SJ since it first came out but i can't really think of anything that needed changing in that game. The art style took a big hit...
i'll still wait for it to come out before i judge it.
Edit: I guess they could add voice acting and convenience hacks to make the game easier.

Hylian7

It might just be because i havent played SJ since it first came out but i can't really think of anything that needed changing in that game. The art style took a big hit...
i'll still wait for it to come out before i judge it.
Edit: I guess they could add voice acting and convenience hacks to make the game easier.

I was mainly referring to visually, while the artwork and backgrounds look excellent on the DS, the actual dungeons (the 3D) part kind of suffer visually. That could get a lot better on the 3DS.

Voice acting would also be neat, and it seems that is going to be in this.

Also that new character, everyone dismisses as waifubait...I think this is a Yuriko/Hikaru situation.

why the fuck is it on 3DS atlus you dweebs

We knew a 3DS project was coming since the Switch conference when Atlus put up their site with "HD Project" (SMT Switch) and the "3DS Project".

I was mainly referring to visually, while the artwork and backgrounds look excellent on the DS, the actual dungeons (the 3D) part kind of suffer visually. That could get a lot better on the 3DS.

Voice acting would also be neat, and it seems that is going to be in this.

Also that new character, everyone dismisses as waifubait...I think this is a Yuriko/Hikaru situation.

I'm looking at the dungeons now and i have to agree that a graphical update would be welcome.
I actually dont mind the new character. I just dont like that they stopped using Kaneko's art style for some reason.

Hylian7

I'm looking at the dungeons now and i have to agree that a graphical update would be welcome.
I actually dont mind the new character. I just dont like that they stopped using Kaneko's art style for some reason.

I agree, I miss Kaneko.

I don't think he's coming back though, as he has said on record in the past that he wants to take more of a back seat and let the newer talent come through.

Yazzees

officially no one i played doto with when i started in 2012 is still playing now

i really wonder what the NA playerbase numbers and mmr breakdown looks like now vs maybe 3 years ago

I agree, I miss Kaneko.

I don't think he's coming back though, as he has said on record in the past that he wants to take more of a back seat and let the newer talent come through.

I didn't know that. I always assumed it was a marketing decision. I guess i understand why they have to change the old characters portraits to match the style of the new character now.

officially no one i played doto with when i started in 2012 is still playing now

i really wonder what the NA playerbase numbers and mmr breakdown looks like now vs maybe 3 years ago

I started playing DOTA 2 with about 7 other players in 2012. We are down to 3 players in total now who play semi-regularly.
Games are way more fun now :p

shira

Can't wait to see Dota characters in Nintendo MOBA Smash

shira

Day 1 of 7

- 3 day Round Robin Group stage each team will play five Bo2
- two groups of six teams
- top 2 will go to UB (double elim Bo3)
- bottom 4 will go to LB (single elim Bo1)

Today 12 Bo2 games (two at a time)
http://twitch.tv/pgl_dota
http://twitch.tv/pgl_dota2
t1490576400z1.png

NB vs iGV (Tobi & Merlini)
TWG vs OG (Cap & Lyrical)

followed by
iG vs TL (OG & Godz)
VGJ vs LFY (Kotl & Fogged)

followed by
EG vs NP (Cap & Lyrical)
OG vs FL (Tobi & Merlini)