• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get that thing up to 6/6, that's insane and perhaps even possible since there are 4 turns to do it on curve too. That's kind of a dream scenario though.

Step aside beast druid... if you were ever standing.

sibarraz

Banned
This card could work great with evolve shaman, 6 mana for 3 minions which each are 6 mana worthy isn't something to ignore

Szadek

With more cards like this, handbuff deck might actually become a thing.
I have no idea if that is a good or a bad thing.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Man just compare this to Force of Nature. Druids am cry. Force of Nature is a FREAKING CLASS EPIC and this is a neutral rare. Druids got shafted so hard with that change. What a joke.

Also it seems they are ok with printing powerful netural cards again? Or at least with some playable in many deck ones. This card (despite being neutral its probably a goons only card), the 2/6 taunt for 2 are the first "big" neutrals that I've seen in a while that look powerful enough to go into multiple decks. A good sign?

Man just compare this to Force of Nature. Druids am cry. Force of Nature is a FREAKING CLASS EPIC and this is a neutral rare. Druids got shafted so hard with that change. What a joke.

Also it seems they are ok with printing powerful netural cards again? Or at least with some playable in many deck ones. This card (despite being neutral its probably a goons only card), the 2/6 taunt for 2 are the first "big" neutrals that I've seen in a while that look powerful enough to go into multiple decks. A good sign?

Powerful but still pretty niche. I think it's neutral for arena purposes and shaman.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Their position is that they like powerful class cards, and powerful neutrals that are "build-around" cards.

You wouldn't play this unless you were using a hand-buffing deck.

It's similar to how Yogg encourages you to play a spell heavy deck, or how N'Zoth encourages Deathrattles.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
This makes evolve shaman scary. 6 drops are real good. 3 for 6 mana is real good.

5 for 9 mana is real good.

Pooya

wondering how rogue is supposed to deal with these swarm decks if they become a thing. turn 5 3 4/4s or something like that lol.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well clearly you counterfeit-coin-out Lotus Assassin and start picking away. >_>

I assume this will become more evident once they get past the Goons.

wiibomb

0ykX10g.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXMB5pEMfrM

Force of Nature 2.0

this can potentially get insane with all these buffs revealed so far on the paladins... count a brann in there and this is quite interesting

jgminto

The only problem with that card is that it's such a board clear meta at the moment and it's only going to become more so with Priest's new doodads. If you can reliably buff it above 5, it could still be really powerful.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Well clearly you counterfeit-coin-out Lotus Assassin and start picking away. >_>

I assume this will become more evident once they get past the Goons.

Yeah assuming each "gang does its own thing (and the Goons' thing is buffing minions in hand), then we have no idea what the other gangs will do beyond Kazakus and the few tri-class cards they shown.

Then again, Evolve shaman playing this 5 cost dude, doesn't really have much access to hand-buffing do they? It seems to be a paladin thing mostly so far.

wiibomb

The only problem with that card is that it's such a board clear meta at the moment and it's only going to become more so with Priest's new doodads. If you can reliably buff it above 5, it could still be really powerful.

playing it alone is a clear mistake, it only gets value when used in combo with other cards, specially the buffing cards, I think it can get pretty decent at 4/4, not counting on mages since they can flamestrike, but even that isn't so much (1 AoE for 1 card)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

A single card forcing a board clear is pretty damn good for any deck able to flood the board.

wiibomb

If that Warlock silverware zoo card didn't see play in zoo, this won't either.

same reason why force of nature isn't played.. it's a spell... it can have any other synergy, beign a minion means it already has 2 synergies, 1 with brann and the other with all the buffing hand cards.

it also has a nice psynergy with evolve since it can get 3 6 mana minions on board... of course there is a chance of getting that 1/1, but thems the risks

Kara Khazam doesn't really have any synergies though. This works with all of the hand buff cards in this set.

same reason why force of nature isn't played.. it's a spell... it can have any other synergy, beign a minion means it already has 2 synergies, 1 with brann and the other with all the buffing hand cards.

it also has a nice psynergy with evolve since it can get 3 6 mana minions on board... of course there is a chance of getting that 1/1, but thems the risks

Just to be clear, I didn't say the card has no merit at all. I said it won't find a place in zoo. Personally, I think it's an amazing Evolve Shaman card.

wiibomb

Just to be clear, I didn't say the card has no merit at all. I said it won't find a place in zoo. Personally, I think it's an amazing Evolve Shaman card.

oh, yeah this is true.. mainly because of the flexibility of the cards zoo needs, I think a zoo would need a very good reason to include a 5 mana card, since it is a deck of swarming, but in a low and efficient curve with synergies between all of them, not just dumping 3 minions on board and calling it a turn

Peléo

I think Dooplegangster is a much better finisher for Grimy Paladin than Grimestreet Enforcer [(5) 4/4: At the end of your turn give all minions in your hand +1/+1]. Brann is also a natural addition to the deck. Really excited about this card.

I wonder how sword of justice works with dopple. Best case scenario is that you get a +1/+1, +2/+2, +2/+2. Worst case scenario is +1/+1 x3.

So if you buff it twice and then play it with SOJ on, you get 5/5, 6/6, 6/6. Safe from dragonfire bomb.

The new paladin theme is highly reminiscent of quartermaster days. Pretty exciting tbh.

Raxus

I wonder how sword of justice works with dopple. Best case scenario is that you get a +1/+1, +2/+2, +2/+2. Worst case scenario is +1/+1 x3.

So if you buff it twice and then play it with SOJ on, you get 5/5, 6/6, 6/6. Safe from dragonfire bomb.

The new paladin theme is highly reminiscent of quartermaster days. Pretty exciting tbh.

Too bad it mostly means their early game is garbage. We need a minion that gives taunt in hand/divine shield as well. The new board clears will be devastating for them as well seeing as most minions drop on 5-6, when the board clears start to come out.

Too bad it mostly means their early game is garbage. We need a minion that gives taunt in hand/divine shield as well. The new board clears will be devastating for them as well seeing as most minions drop on 5-6, when the board clears start to come out.

We've only really seen 1 new strong board clear from priest. Just play around AOE like you normally would. And then use dopplegangster to refill the board.

edit:
Dopplegangster makes me believe much slower variants will be useful now. I could see turn 9, wild pyro, equality, then dopplegangster for 3x huge bodies. You have 8 turns to buff up those dopplegangsters. The dream would be buffing them 8 times or more. 30/30 worth of stats lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

It's the worst case scenario. The condition on Sword of Justice is "after you summon a minion". It's a little complicated, but basically the two minions spawned from the battlecry would get their +1/+1 buff before the initial body. You can see this in practice with Dr. Boom. The two boom bots will receive the +1/+1 buffs before Dr. Boom does.

Note: This does not mean the boom bots or spawned dopplegangsters enter the battlefield first. This is a quirk of the "after you summon" trigger.

Raxus

We've only really seen 1 new strong board clear from priest. Just play around AOE like you normally would. And then use dopplegangster to refill the board.

Board clears aside it is a lot of card investment to make 1-2 strong minions which can easily be dealt with. I think it is a nice idea but I rank it up there with shaman's mistcaller. A neat idea but little support behind it. The only similar concept was C'thun but he was often a board clear on top of a body. I am looking for that extra oomph to make the hand buffs viable.

Right now they are just too plain.

I think Evolve Shaman will always be a trap. To get any value from your cards - or the most value - you have to already have the board. Which means you are already probably winning. Which means you have cards that are only good when you are ahead and not when you are behind in your deck.

It's less like evolution and more like winmore.dec and I doubt one viable card changes that much.

fertygo

Goons faction sucked, really not interested play Hearthstone this way

but something like this actually fun in other card games.

Board clears aside it is a lot of card investment to make 1-2 strong minions which can easily be dealt with. I think it is a nice idea but I rank it up there with shaman's mistcaller. A neat idea but little support behind it. The only similar concept was C'thun but he was often a board clear on top of a body. I am looking for that extra oomph to make the hand buffs viable.

Right now they are just too plain.

Every minion you play is stronger, not just 1-2 minions. That underwhelming looking 2/4 will most likely be a 3/5. That 2 mana 1/1, could be a 3/3 by the time you play it or the second copy.

Mistcaller is a very poor comparison imo. That minion comes late and doesn't have a whole lot of synergy for shaman.

Dopplegangster is the card that pushes this archetype into solid territory I think, because even after your initial push gets dealt with, you can immediately refill the board. With 1 buff it's about as strong as quartermaster typically was. And I think hitting it with 2 it is stronger than quartermaster.

it states copies, so I think they will have the same text and effect if returned to the hand

Yes but hearthstone removes buffs on cards returned to hand so it'll be returned as a 2/2, which isn't that exciting. If it came back with buffs, then using bouncing mechanics would be very strong.

Dahbomb

If that Warlock silverware zoo card didn't see play in zoo, this won't either.
This is much better than Karakazham.

Kara has no potential upside, this does. If you get one on hand buff on it, then it's really good (3 3/3s). Two buffs on it is scary territory with 3 4/4s.

But Zoo won't use this of course. Zoo doesn't have on hand buff cards or evolve options.

Rockk

I'm playing Leeroy and Evolved Kobold miracle rogue and it's actually fairly decent. You have a lot of potential burst. Zoo is still really bad for rogue and Control Paladin and Warrior are pretty tough to beat unless you can get some minions to stick and whack them a few times. I hope miracle rogue comes back in full force at some point. It's so much fun to play.

This is much better than Karakazham.

Kara has no potential upside, this does. If you get one on hand buff on it, then it's really good (3 3/3s). Two buffs on it is scary territory with 3 4/4s.

But Zoo won't use this of course. Zoo doesn't have on hand buff cards or evolve options.
I already said that. :p

rickyson1

I feel like Paladin is gonna be extremely annoying to play against(from an arena perspective anyways)

i'm starting to feel a lot better about this gangs thing,the goons have a clear theme to them even if it is an annoying one

wiibomb

Yes but hearthstone removes buffs on cards returned to hand so it'll be returned as a 2/2, which isn't that exciting. If it came back with buffs, then using bouncing mechanics would be very strong.

I was thinking of something crazy... like shadowstep?

yeah the buffs are removed, but the OP never mentioned buffs, only the text

I'm playing Leeroy and Evolved Kobold miracle rogue and it's actually fairly decent. You have a lot of potential burst. Zoo is still really bad for rogue and Control Paladin and Warrior are pretty tough to beat unless you can get some minions to stick and whack them a few times. I hope miracle rogue comes back in full force at some point. It's so much fun to play.

Zoo should be very beatable for rogue decks. And control paladin should be heavily favored as the rogue as well.

V-Faction

A little late, but Stolen Goods + Soggoth is WOW, such a cool combo that I feel it has a chance at really being a pillar to support the buff Warrior.

Shuts down all hard removal spells except for random target ones (Deadly Shot). Can outlast AoE except for funky stuff like Brawls and Vanish potentially. Battlecries are the only worry, and that list is quite small already (Moat Lurker and TBK off the top of my head) EDIT: Oh an Uldaman. Can't be Hexed, Sheeped, Sapped, Entombed, Executed... hoo boy.

All it needs is one hit (8/12) to be good, but if you smack it twice (11/15)... damn.

fertygo

Warrior card is hot trash

Pally card seems also bad on first glance because there's no natural curve to it, would've better if its just 4 or 5 drop, art looks boss af tho, yeah seem more of a arena card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom