• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneils

So I unlocked the portal spell and my first companion. Is there some penalty for using the portal or retraining your companion? Those both seem like things that would either had a cooldown or cost gold to do, but I'm not seeing anything.

No penalty. The game is pretty penalty free. You can respec and this causes a three second cool down. You can portal in and out of town with no penalty.

If you die, I believe you just resurrect at the beginning of the dungeon level you are on. If a coop member resurrects you - you will res on the spot.

SyNapSe

:( I got right in and made a WD. Then I exited because I wanted to switch characters. Now it gets stuck at retrieving hero's every time and times out.

The reason I wanted to go back is because I didnt' customize my WD at all. Do you not do any hair or skin color changes to them? I can't remember from the stress test beta

:( I got right in and made a WD. Then I exited because I wanted to switch characters. Now it gets stuck at retrieving hero's every time and times out.

The reason I wanted to go back is because I didnt' customize my WD at all. Do you not do any hair or skin color changes to them? I can't remember from the stress test beta
I didn't get any prompts to customize my Wizard...or at least, didn't see any.

Geoff9920

Nope, the only thing you select is whether your character is male or female.

injurai

Banned
It is slowly but surely becoming one of the bes... you know what, I'll let you guys just play through it.

It just keeps getting better and better... I have no intentions of stopping anywhere soon.

hehe must be fun...

I knew we wouldn't get to OT2 over night.

SyNapSe

just made another monk. I liked it and WD the best in the beta but I never got around to trying Barb.

Monk is very satisfying just smashing things with your fist early on

Riggs

Banned
It is slowly but surely becoming one of the bes... you know what, I'll let you guys just play through it.

It just keeps getting better and better... I have no intentions of stopping anywhere soon.

Seriously I am on rampage mode right now. My friend just went to sleep. No sleep for true barbarians.

Does anyone know where it is the best place to buy this game in retail (UK)?

I'll be able to pick it up at 1:00 PM (in an hour and 15 minutes).

I've never played a game like this before. Hearing the game is 11 hours long is making me wonder how much replayability there is in these types of games. I really have no idea what this game is like.

Its £40 in HMV and Game. I took in MW3 and got it for £20. I pretty much expect it to be £40 everywhere else unless a supermarket is under cutting that I dont know about.

I hate having a career when releases like this happen. I miss the school days when I could play D2 all day and night. I traded midnight launches and all night playing for amazon release day and a couple hours of play. Is it worth it?!

Measley

Any class recommendations for someone who likes ranged magic but may want to mix it up in melee range? I also like eye candy special effects.

Any help would be appreciated.

SyNapSe

Can you switch followers?

edit: it's performing pretty bad for this early. I logged out this time to switch characters and I never could. timed out a bunch of times so I resumed the old one

Geoff9920

Any class recommendations for someone who likes ranged magic but may want to mix it up in melee range? I also like eye candy special effects.

Any help would be appreciated.
Wizard has both ranged spells and certain spells that basically turn it into a melee character. If pets are more your thing go witch doctor.

oneils

If the story is crap why is the game being called great?

Diablo has never really been about story. Look at Star Craft and Warcraft franchises. It is all about game play.

Blizzard does know how to make great games. Just don't expect a super awesome story to get immersed in.

Try Diablo III and maybe you will see why we think it is great.

coopolon

So I was totally going to pass on this game. No real interest at all.

Then I got an email this morning from college friend gamer saying, hey, anyone playing this? Then several people responded. I'd be willing to buy it to play with these guys I never talk to anymore, but we're spread out across the country and across wildly varying job types.

I thought about suggesting back we have a "closed" run together where we have characters we only play together. Those who want to play more than the rest of us would have different characters they could run as fast as they want.

Is there any reason this wouldn't be feasible with d3? We're all in the US so I don't region would be a problem.

Its £40 in HMV and Game. I took in MW3 and got it for £20. I pretty much expect it to be £40 everywhere else unless a supermarket is under cutting that I dont know about.

And the £45 digital version is still just the regular edition? (THATS A LOT!)

If I can get it on Amazon for £35 then I may just wait and get it from them.

Number45

DAMNIT.

I wasn't paying attention and salavaged most of the gear I was wearing. I didn't even realize it would let me do that.

I just finished getting the
crown from the altar in the cemetary
and now most of my gear is gone.

I'm probably gonna have to start over aren't I because now I won't have my equipment for the Skeleton King? Is there anyway to retrieve what you salvaged?
Yeah, if you've salvaged it it's gone. Just don't go toe to toe with him until you have some more gear, although it's an easy enough fight if you avoid his single heavily telegraphed attack.

So I unlocked the portal spell and my first companion. Is there some penalty for using the portal or retraining your companion? Those both seem like things that would either had a cooldown or cost gold to do, but I'm not seeing anything.
No penalty, feel free to experiment. The portal is there to allow you to clear your inventory when you choose pretty much.

If you die, I believe you just resurrect at the beginning of the dungeon level you are on. If a coop member resurrects you - you will res on the spot.
Whenever the last checkpoint was.

What follower are you guys using?
I only have access to the templar. He's stupid, dies a lot and sounds like Sean Bean.

RPGCrazied

What are the odds of me going into a store today and finding a CE on the shelf? Surely I can find just 1 somewhere? I'm positive Best Buy will be out. Gamestop told me last night they got just enough for preorder.

Staab

6Hours playtime and just finished Act I, checked out every nook and cranny.

Pretty pretty pretty pretty gooooooooood so far :D (Yoshi is over lvl30 already :O)

Kem0sabe

If the story is crap why is the game being called great?

I don´t think the kind of people who play Diablo care very much about the story...

That being said, i think Blizzard is pandering to the fanboys too much, story wise, in their last outings.

The cheesy dialogue, the bad writing on cutscenes (great execution tho), it all seems directed at the "bro´s".

I ended up seeing the ending CGI on youtube... and my god... who writes these things?

Well, i care.

Wait, Diablo has story?
6SKmh.gif

Tunic

Just defeated the Skeleton King with my Monk, now at Level 9. Time for a bit of sleep and then I will continue onward for the next 2 days.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
For me, when it comes to Blizzard games it more about the "lore" than the actual in-game story-telling. I enjoy reading a character's history on the wiki, but usually skip past that stuff when I'm actually playing.

BigAT

Has anyone else had bad sync problems with the audio during FMVs? It's frustrating to have them all ruined by audio that is off by 3 or 4 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom