• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake : Is it cancel?

What do you think is going to happen with Resident Evil 2's Remake?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Just_one

Has anyone heard any updates from this?

its been forever since it was announced but no new updates since then...

i really thought they would pull the trigger this E3 but nothing...

KiNolin

No. It wasn't even in development during the announcement and will probably come out soon after its reveal. They might also still want to push RE7 for the holidays and keep the focus there.

Koozek

Lol, why would it be cancelled. When they announced it they haven't yet started with development, iirc. Maybe they'll show something during the Sony press conference at TGS tomorrow.

When they announced it, it was implied that they had literally just had the project green lit. So.. it's probably a while off yet.

They announced it the day it went into development, what do you expect?

This is just how it goes when developers/publishers get the bright idea to announce a game super early. Long periods of silence are par the course.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
giphy.gif

Orb

The earliest release possible is late 2018. Maybe if we're lucky it'll get the same treatment as 7 and be revealed at E3 and released quickly after

liquidtmd

Banned
The Dev team read through GAF Resident Evil threads, decided the fanbase was insane and so invariably divided, so cancelled the project it's true.

Orb

They announced it the day it went into development, what do you expect?

This is just how it goes when developers/publishers get the bright idea to announce a game super early. Long periods of silence are par the course.
To be fair it wasn't set in stone. They basically had to actually ask "Do you want this?" For capcpom to care

No. At least, not this title.

I'm guessing that Hirabayashi has all the creative freedom he would want from Capcom, while staying true to the original. They're trying the IP across all ideas and figure out which one sells the most. Though this has been happening since the PS2 days (pandering to the west).

If this doesn't sell as much as 5 and 6, then Biohazard becomes a mechanically diverse cover based TPS, again.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It was announced just as it was it was greenlit by Capcom, and they have announced and released RE7 in the interim. I wouldn't worry about it.

My guess is a reveal this year and a release on it's 20th anniversary next year.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Originally I thought the whole facebook thing from Capcom was just some fluke and they were already working on the game at that point but it seems like they really just started back then.

I for one think that the longer they wait until they show it, the lower chances are that it's going to be old school like the REmake becuase it means they are experimenting with it.

kc44135

It's very possible it will be shown off during Sony's TGS press conference tomorrow (they revealed the RE7 DLC's ahead of time for a reason, IMO). It certainly hasn't been cancelled. It's been high profile enough, and Capcom has been criticized enough for not showing it, that I'm sure they would say something if it wasn't still coming.

The reality is that game development takes a long time, and it probably took them a long time to settle on a style that would please the most fans. There are many who want fixed camera angles (like myself), while the game itself will most likely be a TPS or FPS to attract the widest audience possible. They likely didn't come to such a decision quickly, or take it lightly. Also, they probably wanted the focus to be on RE7 and Monster Hunter World, since they know that as soon as they reveal REmake 2, that's all anyone will want to talk about.

sublimit

Banned
I think after the fiasco that was Deep Down Capcom learned their lesson and they don't want to show a game if it's not close to release.Just like how they treated RE7 and MHWorld.

There is a slight chance they show a teaser or something at TGS but my money are either on PSXperience or E3 next year.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I for one think that the longer they wait until they show it, the lower chances are that it's going to be old school like the REmake becuase it means they are experimenting with it.

At first I thought the type of RE game it would be could go either way. Actually I suppose I just wasn't 100% assuming it would be old-school RE, which most people were taking as a fact. I'm a little more confident nowadays but I still wouldn't be surprised if it was 3rd person. I'd be fine with this as long as they maintain the horror aspect.

liquidtmd

Banned
Honestly, I would much rather them do this and pull a RE7 style reveal with reveal - launch six months later, then something stupid like FFVII remake trailer then nothing for two years

TheMoon

Obviously not. It was announced the second it got greenlit. There is your problem.

Have patience and don't ask this a week before TGS maybe? :)

saher

Banned
Capcom is very secretive about their big projects in the last few years, we didnt know shit about RE6 and 7 for a long time.

So they will probably announce it 7-10 months before the release.

Markitron

Honestly, I would much rather them do this and pull a RE7 style reveal with reveal - launch six months later, then something stupid like FFVII remake trailer then nothing for two years

Or Kingdom Hears 3. SE have a real problem with this.

It was announced when it was a pitch document before being greenlight.

Give it time. I expect it didn't even start development until after RE7 shipped.

kc44135

Originally I thought the whole facebook thing from Capcom was just some fluke and they were already working on the game at that point but it seems like they really just started back then.

At first I thought the type of RE game it would be could go either way. Actually I suppose I just wasn't 100% assuming it would be old-school RE, which most people were taking as a fact. I'm a little more confident nowadays but I still wouldn't be surprised if it was 3rd person. I'd be fine with this as long as they maintain the horror aspect.

I feel this way as well. I've pretty much accepted it won't be the game I want now, and it's frankly killed a lot of my hype for the game. I think it will probably be a TPS, potentially with co-op elements, to attempt to get the largest audience possible (I would hate this). It could also be an FPS, since RE7 was well received and we know REmake 2 will be running on it's engine (despite loving RE7, I would hate this even more). I love Classic fixed camera angles and Classic RE gameplay, and would vastly prefer REmake 2 to be made in that style and remain true to the original, but no doubt a lot of money was sunk into this project. I doubt Capcom will take a risk like that, all things considered, so it is what it is. :(

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I feel this way as well. I've pretty much accepted it won't be the game I want now, and it's frankly killed a lot of my hype for the game. I think it will probably be a TPS, potentially with co-op elements, to attempt to get the largest audience possible (I would hate this). It could also be an FPS, since RE7 was well received and we know REmake 2 will be running on it's engine (despite loving RE7, I would hate this even more). I love Classic fixed camera angles and Classic RE gameplay, and would vastly prefer REmake 2 to be made in that style and remain true to the original, but no doubt a lot of money was sunk into this project. I doubt Capcom will take a risk like that, all things considered, so it is what it is. :(

Yep. The RE2 I want is REMake 2, with 4K backgrounds.

Top Bottom