• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

MacAttack

I finally did it! I know I'm terrible compared to most of you, but at one point I was all the way down at 900 SR, so this has been a climb for me:
Congrats man! That's what I'm shooting for right now. I started out in gold playing support and since then I've fallen down to around 1200 with some awful teams and demoralizing losing streaks. I feel like I'm hitting a turning point playing some soldier, rein and roadhog.

MG310

Lots of people just throwing games around the 22-2300's :/ Lucio refusing to switch,emoting and throwing himself off ledges in the last one.

So I think the dream is dead. Don't think I'll make it to 2500 this season. Me and hypernima went 1-4(5?) for the night. We had a torb who wouldn't play in one match, a Sombra who wasn't playing well and wouldn't switch and yeah, that kind of night. But overall this season I went from 1400 to 2120 which isn't so bad for mostly solo Qing. I think Ill take a break from comp for a bit. Currently sitting at 1736.

Sounds like I was sorely missed
;)

I assure you my night was no better.

Persona is honestly the far better game, I'm just not as hopelessly addicted to that game as I am to Overwatch

Cappa

Banned
Sounds like I was sorely missed
;)

I assure you my night was no better.

Persona is honestly the far better game, I'm just not as hopelessly addicted to that game as I am to Overwatch

well its weird but starting to figure out Iose games whenever I play with some of you and have better luck with other you guys. I thought it maybe was coincidence but it happens to often with the same people to think otherwise.

P.S. youre the ones I usually play better with lol

Congrats man! That's what I'm shooting for right now. I started out in gold playing support and since then I've fallen down to around 1200 with some awful teams and demoralizing losing streaks. I feel like I'm hitting a turning point playing some soldier, rein and roadhog.
I'm in the same position, but part of me thinks it's primarily that I struggle with FPS games. I often feel like I over compensate my aiming and it's always off. I've fiddle around with the controls a lot, but I can't seem to keep up with the movement either way.

_Legacy_

Good people, add me on BNet. My account is LeGaCy#2926.

Looking to play 5 quick play HOTS games with peeps tomorrow, before week 2 kicks in on Monday. I'm currently installing the game and I've never played it before but I'm familiar with DOTA so won't be a complete noob.

LiK

well its weird but starting to figure out Iose games whenever I play with some of you and have better luck with other you guys. I thought it maybe was coincidence but it happens to often with the same people to think otherwise.

Do you use a mic often. I notice sometimes you use call outs and sometimes you're dead silent.

This game has so many aim options especially for a console fps that I'm overwhelmed lol. Still haven't adjusted anything other than bumping up the sensitivity for Winston a bunch. May fiddle with it more, I noticed when I was playing Tracer that I'd wanna do a quick turn and it was pretty hard with default sensitivity. But at the same time I don't wanna raise it too much cause then I won't be able to hit for shit, especially criticals. I wish Tracer had a 180 quick turn button, she's got enough button space for it. Oh well.

I don't know anyone who plays Heroes of the Storm on Battlenet. Is there a way in game to find randoms to join your friends list to do the Nexus challenge?

LiK

Smoothing seemed okay at first but I found it was messing up my aim at times. Turned some back to 100 and kept it just a tad lower for most so I can have a bit more control.

AbaFadi

Banned
Smoothing seemed okay at first but I found it was messing up my aim at times. Turned some back to 100 and kept it just a tad lower for most so I can have a bit more control.

I put aim smoothing at 95 for everyone. I feel like I don't have much control if I lower it to anything below that.

_Legacy_

Last weekend for event boxes. Get ready to buy what you need

I got 7k in the bank, ready to drop for the Mercy skin, I don't even play her but that skin is DAF.

Went from 2450 to 2750 in a day. On a weekend. Maybe my luck has turned around.

Have to say, I'm jealous! I went from 2550 to 2700 last weekend and dropped back to 25** range I'm back to 2600 now and will hopefully climb back up later tonight. Congrats though!

can someone explain the difference between dual-zone, exponential ramp and linear ramp?

also yeah, sensitivity settings tips would be helpful for ps4, do you guys keep it so horizontal and vertical have different settings like the default 30 and 15? or what

komaruR

Fuck Widows. Gonna go Winston every time just to make their games more frustrating.

or dva

About the aim smoothing. I play on 90 sens and if my aim smoothing is lower than 50 it's hard to control.
Guess it's better for people that play like lower sense then they can go lower aimsmoothing to have faster turning.

or dva

About the aim smoothing. I play on 90 sens and if my aim smoothing is lower than 50 it's hard to control.
Guess it's better for people that play like lower sense then they can go lower aimsmoothing to have faster turning.

i'd die if i tried that with any character that requires precision jesus

but yeah aim smoothing and sensitivity are linked so if you've got a low sensitivity and default aim smoothing it seems too slow, but no aim smoothing at a higher sensitivity for precision characters is too much

do you go 90/90 or separate values for hor./vert.?

and for aim assist; leave it at 100 or turn it down just a bit so you don't get dragged as easily?

Owzers

I'm making a list.

Fuck Widows. Gonna go Winston every time just to make their games more frustrating.

rlOqyxq.gif

komaruR

i'd die if i tried that with any character that requires precision jesus

but yeah aim smoothing and sensitivity are linked so if you've got a low sensitivity and default aim smoothing it seems too slow, but no aim smoothing at a higher sensitivity for precision characters is too much

do you go 90/90 or separate values for hor./vert.?

and for aim assist; leave it at 100 or turn it down just a bit so you don't get dragged as easily?

90/90 and 100 aim assist. think putting my aim smoothing at either 100 or between 90-100

90/90 and 100 aim assist. think putting my aim smoothing at either 100 or between 90-100

so why did blizzard keep horizontal and vertical values different then by default? is that a normal console fps thing?

I think I'm gonna go to 40/30 or 40/40 with 75 aim smoothing just to start out and see how it feels, maybe turn aim assist down to like 90 just so the reticle doesn't get dragged as easily by ADD genjis or tracers

randome

How can I do more damage with Zarya? I don't seem to get much damage with her compared to other players. Am I just not lobbing enough grenades or something?

In this one QP match I played a while back, I went Winston on the enemy team because they were using no tanks, one of them happened to be a Widow. Guy flipped out thinking I went Winston to specifically target him.

Thanks for the recognition, everyone! :)

How do you build your Reaper alt without killing people? It takes me forever to get his ult.
Why not kill people? You need to flank with him.

Alternatively, you can dive, get some good shots in, and then float out.

Also, D.va and Roadhog give good meter for your ult even at a reasonable distance.

I finally got everything from the Uprising event minus the sprays you get from playing the Uprising game in higher difficulties. Never gonna be able to achieve that.

But I got everything else! I'm so happy and relieved. I can rest now.

Also, D.Va in CTF is the literal bane of my existence.
Delete Genji. Worst than cancer.
Big fat NO to this LiK.

Winston with 100/100 sensitivity and 0 smoothing on ps4

StbMQdh.png

it feels like I'm playing with my mouse, and it's not like aiming is required

vcitAU3.gif

1ygEMKk.gif

I honestly can't imagine going any lower than default smoothing with 90 sensitivity with him though, you need high sens to be able to leap well at all. I might tune it down just a bit from where I am now just because it can be a little "jerk-y" but yeah, great fun.

I was at 90/75 before or something with 100 smoothing.

Here's my first game with the new changes. About 3 minutes and 20 seconds and I got a 12 killstreak and 1 death lol. I might turn the smoothing up a bit just because of the jerk-y ness but this match in particular it was really pronounced because I was getting used to it.

I need to turn up D.va's a lot too so I can actually boost out of danger when I need to but she still needs to aim :/ especially in baby form

Xero

gonna play a bit today wouldn't mind finally playing with some of you all on pc. bnet tag is Fenrirw0lf #1642. Though for some reason my mic seems to be having issues in overwatch but nothing else as far as I can see.

Top Bottom