• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Iksenpets

Banned
I love how
the people of King's Landing went from supporting the faith to cheering Euron, a traitor and criminal walking down the streets with his horses.

It turns out the people mostly just love a good parade. The first person to figure this out and weaponize it effectively will easily win the throne.

jfkgoblue

Oh shit I didn't even notice. Guess it's just mostly an original character then.
That statement lead people to believe that she had Rickon under her care, and I believe Davos was heading to Bear Island after the Manderly's (who were paying lip service to the Boltons, but secretly trying to restore the Starks as Lord of Winterfell) told him to go there.

mantidor

Kinds Landing is now under Lannister rule as well, Cersei dropped the Baratheon name.

Technicality, but Cersei never had the Baratheon name. This was explained by GRRM I think, the royal name is important so you can't earn it by simple marriage, the only way to earn it is by being born into it, which is the reason Ellia Martell is known as Ellia Martell and not Ellia Targaryen.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Technicality, but Cersei never had the Baratheon name. This was explained by GRRM I think, the royal name is important so you can't earn it by simple marriage, the only way to earn it is by being born into it, which is the reason Ellia Martell is known as Ellia Martell and not Ellia Targaryen.
🤔

Moff

I never realized that, so she didn't drop it, she never had it

Gigglepoo

That statement lead people to believe that she had Rickon under her care, and I believe Davos was heading to Bear Island after the Manderly's (who were paying lip service to the Boltons, but secretly trying to restore the Starks as Lord of Winterfell) told him to go there.

Davos is heading to Skagos to get Rickon. It's over by Eastwatch by the Sea and it has unicorns. Needless to say, I can't wait for new Davos chapters.

jfkgoblue

Lol does this ever do anything

HBO isn't standing by and doing nothing, however. Piracy news site TorrentFreak reports that ISPs who have customers that are torrenting the season seven premiere are being sent warnings, telling them to change their ways.

The worst part is that their is zero justification for people to pirate GoT, you only need to pay $30 to see the entire season. Pirates are pathetic.

oegno29hhzaz.jpg
Night King just gonna walk on over.

lol you're in a book spoiler thread and you didn't "notice" Lyanna Mormont on your read-through? ;)

It's a book spoiler thread, not a "Professor of all things ASOIAF" thread. Shit, it's not like he didn't know who Penny was or something. These are 1,000+ page tomes, the most recent of which is 6 years old. I think we can cut him some slack on this one and let him stay in the club.

Night King just gonna walk on over.

D&D are going to make even the Wall's existence pointless, aren't they?

jfkgoblue

It's a book spoiler thread, not a "Professor of all things ASOIAF" thread. Shit, it's not like he didn't know who Penny was or something. These are 1,000+ page tomes, the most recent of which is 6 years old. I think we can cut him some slack on this one and let him stay in the club.

D&D are going to make even the Wall's existence pointless, aren't they?
Tbf, Penny is pretty fucking forgettable

interesting fact. i wondered about ellia martell.

I never really thought about how much The Wall looks like a natural formation in the opening credits. It's pretty drastic how different it is to the way it's depicted in the show, all things considered that's a pretty terrible representation of it.

But yeah, no way they just go around it. You can bet that thing is at least going to be breached, if not fully collapsing.

mantidor

Thinking about that, isn't it just sacrificing the wildlings as cannon fodder by giving them Eastwatch? Their numbers are very diminished even if the water isn't frozen it doesn't seem they could hold the knight King in any significant way.

Speevy

Banned
Thinking about that, isn't it just sacrificing the wildlings as cannon fodder by giving them Eastwatch? Their numbers are very diminished even if the water isn't frozen it doesn't seem they could hold the knight King in any significant way.

That would have been a fun scene.

"Won't I die if I go back up there?"

"Yes, like Olly's mother and father."

*awkward silence*

I'm starting to think Lyanna Mormont will outlive everyone. D&D seem really proud of their single memorable creation. Gonna force this character into every scene they can it seems.

haha yes that would be more accurate. :p

"Didn't Cersei murder everyone we liked and destroyed our sole religion, Mad King style? Oh whatever, we'll support them anyway!"

D&D thangs.

Nah def seems like she is being set up for a heroic death tbh.

Speevy

Banned
Considering how much people hated Ollie and D&D's penchant for doling out fan service, how was there not a scene where Jon burned Ollie's dead body?

"He came from some fucking village.

He existed for no reason.

My friend Tormund killed his family.

Everything he said to me was really reasonable.

I executed him.

And now his watch has ended."

dabig2

I swear to god if they just go around it...

Hasn't it been a popular theory for years? That the sea would freeze offering the dead a way around the Wall's magics? "Dead things in the water" and all that already had some people wondering if the wrights could just swim around or commandeer a ship.

seems pretty obvious TBQFH that one of Dany's dragons will be killed/re-animated as an ice dragon, and the ice dragon's fire will melt the Wall

Cersei: "We are the only ones who matter." X 50

Jaime: "We have no allies."

*Cersei gets Euron and Randyll Tarly to help her*

Jaime: We have no allies, what are you going to do? The Tyrells have betrayed us, Dorne is supporting the Dragon Queen and the North is in open rebellion behind the Starks once again. What sort of idiotic, opportunistic assholes would want to stand by us now and how stupid would we have to be to accept their help?!

Cersei: ...well...

ilikeme

^^ Hahaha! That's the best link I've had the pleasure of clicking in ages.

Is Randyll Tarly Sam's dad? When did Cersei talk to him and how much of a fighting force does House Tarly have?

jfkgoblue

^^ Hahaha! That's the best link I've had the pleasure of clicking in ages.

Is Randyll Tarly Sam's dad? When did Cersei talk to him and how much of a fighting force does House Tarly have?
Yes he is, and they are one of the largest of all Tyrell banner men.

Then why is Catlyn Stark called Stark half the times and Tully another. Not disagreeing with you but just pointing out the inconsistency.

Speevy

Banned
People use their house name when it suits them. Being a Stark and a Tully means you effectively control a huge piece of Westeros.

You saw those men bowing to Catelyn. She was a queen in a sense.

Top Bottom