• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Spicer resigns as White House Press Secretary

RPGCrazied

Surprised he lasted this long. Can Sarah be next? I think everyone should resign and leave Trump all alone.

I bet he stays in the administration though, its not like he found his spine or anything.

Iolo

Wait, did we know Anthony Scaramucci was being offered a job? That's bizarre.

Yeah it was reported early this morning that he might, he was meeting with Trump at 10am and he got offered the job a couple minutes ago. Reuters reported that, simultaneously with NYT reporting Spicey quit.

studyguy

Smart move by Spicey.

He wasn't going to last four years. Go out on his terms. I think, he can rehabilitate his image. Will he? Hard to say... but good for him. Lord knows how much shit he took for crap that wasn't remotely his fault.

And no one was forcing him to do that job as long as he did... but he isn't doing it any more, so respect for him went up today.

BunnyBear

NY Times does it again with the scoop. Best journos in the world.

It's come far too late, but Sean seems to have located his spine. This will be a riveting story to follow as it plays out.

BriGuy

These positions are always kind of a revolving door, but I still believe he knows there's something far, far worse coming down the road that he wants no part of.

sean-spicer.gif

I haven't been keeping up. Why is Scaramucci so hated?

Anthony Scaramucci, a Wall Street financier and longtime supporter of President Donald Trump, has been engaged in talks to join the White House communications shop, two White House officials said.

Scaramucci, who is a frequent TV surrogate for Trump, is liked by the president. Trump "thinks he is really good at making the case for him," one of these people said. "He loves him on TV."

No Spicey nooooooooooooooo! Dude was legitimately hysterical without trying to be. Him hiding in the bushes was the absolutely amazing. I will miss him.

studyguy

She can easily be Sarah huckabee sanders.

I actually didn't really expect him to resign after all he has been through. He wasn't even doing press briefings that much

Huckabee Sanders has all the charisma of a pile of rocks though, where Spicer's briefings were like strange SNL skits in themselves, Huckabee's have been just talking to an angry brick wall.

Anyone know why he has beef with this person?

Probably because the guy is a know-nothing who Trump likes because he financed his campaign and was an early supporter.

Spicer was always a company man, he doesn't want some Wall Street guy directing White House communications because it's going to make the communication problem worse.

Biske

Right on Spicey. Clearly there were many lines you were willing to let be crossed and that's shitty, but hey you at least have a line.

DogDude

Why does he hate Scaramucci? Scaramucci is infinitely a better speaker than him. Not sure he's doing the daily pressers though.

Top Bottom