• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm surprised we haven't a Nintendo Direct for Mario + Rabbids

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The game comes out in what? 10 days roughly?

They had a Nintendo direct in April before Mario Kart. Then they had an ARMS specific direct before that. Then they had a Splatoon 2 direct before that launched.

Maybe cause it's a UBI game vs direct from Nintendo?

This is what the first major Switch game not to get a direct about it. Maybe Nintendo and UBI figured E3 was enough? I guess there is Gamescom next week, but that's not really a place for a deep dive per se.

NateDrake

It would have been nice in order to build some hype leading to launch, but it isn't necessary. There has been new hands-on previews and video content released this month, and reviews will drop soon to re-spark talk and interest.

Zedark

Pretty sure they figure E3 presence was enough: it's presence at both UBI and Nintendo showcase was a big push, and I expect a launch trailer at Gamescom as well. The buzz is already there, people know about it and want it. It doesn't really need much more push in tbh.

Ubi are publishing/handling marketing duties themselves and they'll probably have more throughout Gamescom.

Leaks aside the announcement -> release cycle has probably been tight enough that I think they were counting on it being more of a sleeper thing. Get buzz at E3, keep people talking with occasional interviews, then just before launch release some new trailers and info.

spad3

The game comes out in what? 10 days roughly?

They had a Nintendo direct in April before Mario Kart. Then they had an ARMS specific direct before that. Then they had a Splatoon 2 direct before that launched.

Maybe cause it's a UBI game vs direct from Nintendo?

This is what the first major Switch game not to get a direct about it. Maybe Nintendo and UBI figured E3 was enough? I guess there is Gamescom next week, but that's not really a place for a deep dive per se.

Winner.

Thanks for answering your own post OP!
lock it

mindsale

There've been previews for it for a while.

Looks amazing if you're into the XCOM formula and you'd like another game to play.

I know it's a Ubisoft published game, but I feel like we are due a Direct in the next month or so anyway. Maybe they have one next week to promote Mario Rabbids one more time, while also giving us the release schedule for the remaining 2017 titles that still don't have one.

There will be a Direct in September guaranteed. This is Ubisoft's game. After this it's Metroid and a bunch of other titles with no release dates for this fall.

OmegaFax

All going according to plan from the leak this past spring?

DAiNAZFXoAAk4V3.jpg:large

I saw one or two previews pop up on YouTube in the last day or two from smaller channels. Looked like demos with either Ubisoft or Nintendo staffers guiding them through it.

A Rabbids Direct wouldn't be unheard of, since they've dedicated a direct to Wonderful 101 before, but Ubisoft seems to be the one doing the PR this time around. So they probably got their own strats.

A Rabbids Direct wouldn't be unheard of, since they've dedicated a direct to Wonderful 101 before, but Ubisoft seems to be the one doing the PR this time around. So they probably got their own strats.
Wonderful 101 is a Nintendo game through and through. Published, and they own the IP.

mas8705

Honestly with everything we have heard, I don't really know if we need a direct for Mario + Rabbids at this point. It would be nice, don't get me wrong, but alot of people were already sold on the game back in June that it doesn't feel like it is needed.

Kikorin

It's a "Mario" game on a successfull Nintendo console, I think will do pretty great anyway. And the game looks awesome too, even if I was one of the skeptics before the reveal.

The game has received a strong push. It was featured heavily at E3 at both Ubisofts and Nintendos conferences. It might not have gotten as big of a push as a big Nintendo title but it has had quite a bit of publicity.

JnFnRu

This and how come we haven't had any new Nintendo Direct ever since E3 really (not counting game specifics)?

MrKeinov

This and how come we haven't had any new Nintendo Direct ever since E3 really (not counting game specifics)?

I mean the release schedule for rest of 2017 has been known for a while. Unlike WiiU-3DS era, the release schedule is pretty tight. Back then there were times with months lasting software droughts and they had too keep the fan-base busy with something to speculate. I think we'll start to see their 2018 lineup during the holiday season. Most likely during VGA they'll drop da bomb.

I think the age of abundant numbers of directs in a year is over guys.

Probably. Nintendo's actually doing well and getting coverage through normal press and word of mouth without having to do them anymore.

This ain't the Splatoon 1 era. No one needed a direct to know Splatoon 2 was around the corner.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh it's definitely the Ubisoft thing.

It even applies to the release date. I assumed it would be coming out Fri/Sat like every Nintendo game does here but it's next Tuesday instead. Sad now.

Top Bottom