• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MVCi's Frank West will be replaced by his superior counterpart

SgtCobra

Hahahahaha that's pletty good... They're not even close on a qwerty keyboard.

I guess this will be the only redeeming thing about this boring ass character.

Hahahahaha that's pletty good... They're not even close on a qwerty keyboard.

I guess this will be thr only redeeming thing about this boring ass character.

How you gonna call a dive bombing West with the ability to level up super quick boring? Homeboy is gonna be fire now

Are we sure that's his name and not a command?
GGgXtYl.gif

OK, now that's embarrassing.

On a Japanese website for Japanese audiences?

Not really.

This has been happening for decades. It will continue to happen. And, the intended audiences will continue not to care.

I really like how her legs actually look like she has muscles instead of the Barby looking "warrior" woman in a lot of games.

Thankfully, Capcom has never been afraid of designing women with muscle tone in fighting games.

ArjanN

Sure but we're talking of a proper noun, everybody knows how to spell Frank, even in Japan.

Not really, no. Think of how few people here could spell, say, Miyamoto in japanese characters, the same thing basically applies. They gererally just know the roman aphabet and spell things phonetically, which is why the R/L thing trips them up.

There's always going to be spelling errors that slip through the cracks like this.

ArjanN

It's not like they have no reference material as to which is the correct transliteration...

Well obviously, but it's also obviously way easier for something like this to slip through the cracks if 99% of the people on the Japanese side can't tell if something in English is wrong.

HardRojo

You're both right IMO, but what Chindogg said could be part of the explanation, I don't think it's a straight unlikely typo.
It's the explanation behind the confusion, but writing it as Flank is still incorrect. It'd be wrong if they spelled my name Ruis instead of Luis.

Top Bottom