• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Revenant

I await the photoshops.

142958775_slide.jpg

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
0zXzi.png

Outplay the opposition, get into penalty trouble, fight back, and still can't get past an incredibly hot goalie. Ever since Sutter took over the Kings, they've had the Canucks on near lock through the regular season and this post-season is no different. Dammit, why'd the Sharks have to win that last game? They would have been far easier to deal with.

Well, at least we're not Toronto.

Canucks played a lot better in front of him. They were definitely the better team tonight. And Hansen hitting the inside post... gah.
At least they're trying. Shored up the D, way more consistent, mistakes down (not gone, but down). With Daniel and a bit less nonsense this was the game we were winning more often than not in the regular season (For example, 1-0 against the Kings not long ago.) We lost a 1-0 game.

And I'm proud of the team for actually trying to improve, instead of just turning the series into a festival of goonery like we saw in various other series this weekend.

Merguson

Banned
And now that's what we have to look forward to.

Canucks played a lot better in front of him. They were definitely the better team tonight. And Hansen hitting the inside post... gah.

And what if no team wants to pay the price? And what if Schneider decides he wants out? He only has to wait a year.

Best time is this summer when he's still an RFA.. after that.. not so sure..

negitoro7

Someone please obliterate Duncan Keith next season. Who knows what a difference our only fucking 30 goal scorer would have made this sad series.

Sibylus

Banned
Welp. Goalie change as expected amounted to nothing tangible (other than potentially complicating our already complicated goalie situation, great strategic move there), team played better tonight, but still committed prominent gaffes and couldn't outplay Quick. For all their hard work, they seemed a shadow of themselves. I've lost track of all the flubbed passes and scoring opportunities in this series, it's all work ethic without any of the customary finesse. End of story, if not series.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Bieksa is my hero

"What is the mood of the team right now?"

"What do you think? We're down 3-0, bad. Better questions?"

Bieksa =Interview master.

EDIT: lololo Crosby

"why'd you push the puck?"

"because I don't like him, what was I supposed to do, pick it up for him?"

"just... leave it and skate away"

"... well... i didn't"

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Apparently kings are now the first team to go 3-0 as an 8th seed (also first time kings have ever held a 3-0 lead)

Possible historic things for Wednesday:

First time presidents trophy winner gets swept
First time an 8th seed sweeps the first seed
First time LA Kings sweep a team (they have never beaten a team 4-1, either lol)

0zXzi.png

Outplay the opposition, get into penalty trouble, fight back, and still can't get past an incredibly hot goalie. Ever since Sutter took over the Kings, they've had the Canucks on near lock through the regular season and this post-season is no different. Dammit, why'd the Sharks have to win that last game? They would have been far easier to deal with.

Well, at least we're not Toronto.

Hey bishop how about Los Angeles Hockey!?!?

Bieksa is my hero

"What is the mood of the team right now?"

"What do you think? We're down 3-0, bad. Better questions?"

Bieksa =Interview master.

EDIT: lololo Crosby

"why'd you push the puck?"

"because I don't like him, what was I supposed to do, pick it up for him?"

"just... leave it and skate away"

"... well... i didn't"

:lol

Socreges

Banned
19&21 said:
Should've let us have those 12 points this season. Canucks would be on their way to the second round before the first even ended
I was rooting for you guys.

I knew this was going to be a nightmare matchup. Made this gif before the playoffs started:

icU3VBJqbTOtD.gif

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Apparently kings are now the first team to go 3-0 as an 8th seed (also first time kings have ever held a 3-0 lead)

Possible historic things for Wednesday:

First time presidents trophy winner gets swept
First time an 8th seed sweeps the first seed
First time LA Kings sweep a team (they have never beaten a team 4-1, either lol)
Also, the Canucks have trailed 3-0 in a series three times before and have been swept every time. All they need to do is win a single game and they can make some history of their own!!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Hey bishop how about Los Angeles Hockey!?!?
Funnily enough, when my sister was living in Los Angeles we'd have an awesome time going to Kings games. It was literally like when we had the Vancouver Grizzlies in town - nobody went to see the home team, it was all about the visitors. Add to that the fact that Los Angeles fans are mostly front-runners anyways, and we had our pick of great seats for cheap. Those were the days.

Socreges

Banned
Zack Kassian: 3:55 TOI

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/9/9e/HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg[IMG]

[b]Remember when I was arguing with Nucks fans about the trade, good times[/b][/QUOTE]Who here defended that trade? We all lost our shit, IIRC. It was fucking terrible.

Revenant

I really wonder what happens if the nucks get swept. How do you approach that in the offseason?

Who here defended that trade? We all lost our shit, IIRC. It was fucking terrible.

I thought one of you were going to have to talk Spectrefire off a balcony.

Top Bottom