• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

Gestault

I was going to say, dr guildo, I'm obviously playing the current demo/beta (thankfully we got that extension, too) and I've seen that oddness pop-up with the replay camera tracking things it thinks are in its depth of field, but aren't. It (can) look like that in the current build, though it's not all that common from what I've played.

Pepto

Banned
qtuNiyW.gif

Darkdeus

Even though i still think there's room for improvement with the trees in Pcars 2 SMS did a great job improving the grass from Pcars 1 on the PC. The draw distance is huge and I never notice any pop in. The textures and grass don't look overly repeated as well.

37676352551_8abfca61bc_h.jpg

37134380162_79e2a0c7ea_h.jpg

37418010590_5c6dba386a_h.jpg

37676352741_ed6de596f5_h.jpg

37676352401_29263727e9_h.jpg

Head.spawn

Haha, well they can't always be perfect.

GT:S's replays kill the competition though. They're so well done.

Yeah agreed. The camera seems to be in the best spot for nice artistic angles and the movement of it feels like there is a human holding an actual camera and operating it at times.

lol me I had more impression that the replays in the closed beta had a blur more pretty XD
I mean he took a video to highlight the dof at its absolute worst by pausing a video frame by frame

That's not that revealing that the dof in transition or at extremes doesn't look 100% like usual at all

I wonder what part of their sky rendering is causing this:
gts_sky_stiplezsj40.png

You can see stipled RGB colours in a pattern in the sky. Last game I remember that had a similar artifact was MGSV, when you use the volumetric sky option.

Noobcraft

I guess we won't be seeing him in this thread for quite a while, until he thinks people forget ;-)
we won't
Haha I actually bought it last night in hopes to spend some time with it this weekend. I might post some pictures if I get any good ones.

Head.spawn

qtuNiyW.gif

Gt is too far ahead man such great subtle effects with the in car shading and windshield reflections
That's Forza
Yeah, sorry. That's one of mine from another thread. Definitely Forza.
Potatohead just sold me on Forza 7. Have my $80 T10.
dead2.gif

I wonder what part of their sky rendering is causing this:
gts_sky_stiplezsj40.png

You can see stipled RGB colours in a pattern in the sky. Last game I remember that had a similar artifact was MGSV, when you use the volumetric sky option.

That is trippy.

nkarafo

after looking at all the media of the last several pages, for me its still

gt>>>forza>>>>>>>>>>>>>pcars for the 60 fps racers even tho pcars is only 60 on a pro or pc
Dunno... I only played the demo of F7 and i can't say i was that impressed. I only have the first PCars on PC and that looked better for me, although i'm using almost max settings. That said, not all tracks or lighting situations look good in PCars. But clear day/light cloud at around 13:00 in the better looking tracks and the game definitely looks better than anything i saw in F7 demo.

Also, how much better does PCars 2 looks compared to the original?

eso76

Ehhhh... sometimes.

GwVM8RO.jpg

KZ4khjp.jpg

i5uLBTN.jpg

There's quite a few graphical glitches I'm seeing from time to time I don't see mentioned here.

Not really a glitch, GT has been doing this for years.
Alpha blending can be a bitch and this makes things a lot more manageable I guess.

Dunno... I only played the demo of F7 and i can't say i was that impressed. I only have the first PCars on PC and that looked better for me, although i'm using almost max settings. That said, not all tracks or lighting situations look good in PCars. But clear day/light cloud at around 13:00 in the better looking tracks and the game definitely looks better than anything i saw in F7 demo.

Also, how much better does PCars 2 looks compared to the original?

pretty much the same

Darkdeus

On the PC Pcars 2 looks much better. The trees, grass, clouds, and weather are all significantly improved. I know the console versions are in rough shape in regards to AA especially but i would not say they look the same.

Darkdeus

In Project Cars 2, you don't see anyone else apart from the pit stop team. You don't see pit crews from other teams or the other members of the racing team like the telemetry guys etc. They are basically worse than GT6 pit stops

The consoles versions left out the other pit stop teams? It's great on the PC. The pitstops are especially immersive in VR.

Pics from a flickr contact:

36172122691_09ed56e736_b.jpg

35425470674_f9303325f9_b.jpg

35880905440_6d233485a4_b.jpg

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
PC or console? I ask because there's an "enhanced mirror" option on PC that makes the mirrors, in my opinion, the best out of any of the racers.

Also

Lol.

PC. Everything is on max except motion blur is off. Enhanced mirror is on "Yes", so maybe a "bug" or the mirrors can't look so hot at 4k.

Joystick

Whoa... I'm not sure how they captured that or why it has so much chromatic aberration, but it certainly adds another level of realism when you add those graphics with natural head movement.

Probably captured from PS VR social screen (which is lower res than actual display).

Chromatic aberration is present in all VR headsets due to the lenses so to counteract it the game renders the reverse chromatic abberation so that it ends up looking ok. So what you are seeing is the modified rendered image before the lense.

Those are nice F7 shots. Are there any circuits where the sun is high in the sky so you don't end up with such a high degree of contrast or glare?.

I've only played on a few tracks so far.

Tomeru

Forza has the more beautiful look. Its fucking beautiful. But I prefer GTS because it makes me do double takes. It's more of a somewhat dream world version that Forza perfected this time, compared to the more day to day natural look of GTS.

Oh, and fuck vegetation. It's all about the big picture and the cars innit for me.

GTS just convincesme more than not, where's I have no illusions what Forza is. It's the little details that surprise me in GTS, since beautiful games are not hard to find. There are plenty of technical magicians out there.

Top Bottom