• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

This is an exquisite post

QT54HG6.gif

Calamari41

41 > 38
Nothing beats the old physical keyboards on phones. I never made any kind of typo on those, but if I turn off autocorrect on this thing, pretty much nothing would be spelled remotely correctly on the first pass.

Alucard

Banned
I miss my blackberry keyboard. :(

Nothing beats the old physical keyboards on phones. I never made any kind of typo on those, but if I turn off autocorrect on this thing, pretty much nothing would be spelled remotely correctly on the first pass.

I had friends who swore I'd "get used to it" and actually type faster than I did on my BB...and while I have improved, it's still super clunky and imprecise to type on a virtual keyboard. On my BB, I got to the point where I could literally type messages without looking at my phone...I'd just feel the keys.

Virtual keyboards are horseshit. I'd never spell anything right without autocorrect.

Marvie_3

Banned
I had friends who swore I'd "get used to it" and actually type faster than I did on my BB...and while I have improved, it's still super clunky and imprecise to type on a virtual keyboard. On my BB, I got to the point where I could literally type messages without looking at my phone...I'd just feel the keys.

Virtual keyboards are horseshit. I'd never spell anything right without autocorrect.
Agreed. Kinda wish Blackberry had jumped on the android bandwagon years before they did.

Alucard

Banned
Agreed. Kinda wish Blackberry had jumped on the android bandwagon years before they did.

Same

I guess I should start using Swype but it seems unintuitive. Trying it right now and it's working ok. But it's not the same.

Didn't keep up with the news too much in regard to this stuff. I can only say that I switched over because I wanted to try different apps that I couldn't get on BB...so I got an iPhone and quickly realized that while it had better apps, it sucks as a messaging device and has nothing close to the convenience of the BB Hub for all your stuff. Having to click on individual icons like FB, email, twitter, etc. instead of just having that stuff logged in order all in one convenient place made me realize that the sheeple argument for iPhone users holds to an extent. It's unintuitive AF and after having one for a while, I also don't care about apps and games as much as I thought I would. Just need...

-podcasts
-Audible
-music
-messaging (BBM, WhatsApp, text, FB messenger)
-email
-FB
-Twitter
-banking
-google docs/google drive
-sports tracking (The Score)
-Goodreads
-the weather

And that's about it outside of the other standard stuff. So yeah, wish I could go back to the Blackberry. They still making them? Heard the Priv was good last year.

I like my iPhone. But I also miss physical keyboards, but I've gotten used to swiping around with gboard or swiftkey.

The reason I keep on using the iPhone as the main one is so many people use iMessage. I've also signed up for Apple Music and buy movies through iTunes, so yeah they got me for a while.

That said, have an Android work phone and it's nice too.

Let's Go Ducks, hopefully they can get a win today.

i'm amazed at how bad the Sens PP is. how many minutes have they played without scoring on PP, like 40+..? just pathetic, they deserve to get crushed in the next two games and end their season humiliated. i'm sorry.

Getzlaf just asked for the refs to wake up. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal but I hope the refs don't have a harder bias against the Ducks.

Edit: saw what he said. That's not good. Deserved the fine unless he thought the ref was a bundle of wood

calder

Legitimately disappointing the league didn't suspend Getzlaf. What a joke, they clearly were looking for ways to not suspend him.

Calamari41

41 > 38
So now if the Ducks do well, everyone will have their conspiracy theories for why their success doesn't count. Glad that's out of the way.

Socreges

Banned
So now if the Ducks do well, everyone will have their conspiracy theories for why their success doesn't count. Glad that's out of the way.
Poor Ducks 😫

The contrast of the Blue Jays player saying a homophobic slur, owning it completely and publicly, getting fined and suspended...days before the NHL merely fines Getzlaf for an offense that has a very definitive suspension precedent. Yikes.

PillarEN

Hey Cake what are the odds of the Sens winning the Cup as of today? I'm not sure where you got your pictures from so I can't check the site you used.

calder

So your team is somehow the victim for the captain NOT being punished for a homophobic slur? Glad that's out of the way indeed.

Top Bottom