• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Leezard

I'm thinking I might have to start banning Kled. Every time the opponent plays Kled top my own toplaner feeds a lot. Kled will proceed to close to solo carry the game.

Nev

Banned
Karma_Splash_3.jpg

Karma_Splash_2.jpg

Karma_Splash_1.jpg

Of course they would do this when I don't play the game. Props to the artist(s) though, they turned out better than I could've imagined. 11/10 would go to conversion therapy.

Ever

Banned
Man, Lulu feels really strong this patch. I lost a 1v2 to a melee range Ezreal with Lulu there. She can really enable an ADC when played decently. I might start banning her, just for that invisible power.

Man, Lulu feels really strong this patch. I lost a 1v2 to a melee range Ezreal with Lulu there. She can really enable an ADC when played decently. I might start banning her, just for that invisible power.

Lulu is definitely strong this patch. Redemption and locket mean you have a ton of support to give in addition to the base kit and ardent censer buffs your ADC up as long as they're using auto attacks.

I also want to agree that the updated splash art for Karma all look good.

What? Conversion therapy?

So if I got the joke right, Nev is gay. Also needing the joke explain has probably ruined it :x

Kled is amazing but super annoying to play against. I am surprised riven and yas players don't play him top

Not edgy enough.

Edit: Watching the kt vs MVP game from this morning, and based on Phreak's patch rundown yesterday it seems like the varus build now might be back to the AA-heavy build that was gaining steam before the lethality buff.

Rito, u bastards.

I love dogs.

I love playin Kog.

Dammit, I'm gonna buy it even if its trash.

T_T

I'm..........just......a...........kog........puggy?:

Ever

Banned

Skipped a division XD

May I have your attention please:

I would like to announce that I have achieved the rank of Gold 1, and am soon to reach Platinum. The following list of users are Gaffers (whom I outrank) who are at risk of being targeted by my dank memes. If you are on this list, I suggest you git gud as soon as possible, or face my wrath.

To be meme'd:

- Ghost on Bnet

- Dobkeratops

- 7flow

- Bwlzero

- Fuzzery

- HemiPoweredDrone

- Kayos90

- NaotaFakuza

- Breakfast Bagel

- Stone Ocean

- EzekelRAGE

- Envelaap

- Heavenly Hammer

- Scy

- Type2

- Vincent Alexander

- 7flow

- Orochinagis

- MoonToonEx

- Quonny

- Ssubtle

- Zkylon

...along with many others.

This is been a public service announcement from your boy, Ever. Have a good evening.

TheFlow

Banned
played with a first time Galio jungle and he basically carried.

game had me nervous. I was playing with my trusty morg support because someone picked nami. we rekted their bot lane.

worst part of the game is my toxic adc who yelled at me everytime I messed up. like dude I am clearly a nami main who hasn't played anything else in over 20 games.

Plus I was a morg going up against a Fiora/Malz/Olaf triple threat.

JulianImp

played with a first time Galio jungle and he basically carried.

game had me nervous. I was playing with my trusty morg support because someone picked nami. we rekted their bot lane.

worst part of the game is my toxic adc who yelled at me everytime I messed up. like dude I am clearly a nami main who hasn't played anything else in over 20 games.

Plus I was a morg going up against a Fiora/Malz/Olaf triple threat.

My support fallbacks in case Nami gets picked are now down to Naut or Thresh, since I don't really feel comfortable about going Lulu/Morg/Blitz anymore. Love how I can read all about Lulu being really good now but she's pretty awful in low elo, where helping teammates not-die doesn't help as much as landing hard cc on people.

My support fallbacks in case Nami gets picked are now down to Naut or Thresh, since I don't really feel comfortable about going Lulu/Morg/Blitz anymore. Love how I can read all about Lulu being really good now but she's pretty awful in low elo, where helping teammates not-die doesn't help as much as landing hard cc on people.

Yeah but you can still just keep your teammates alive through sheer shielding and heals. Also, 2.25s silence at max rank?

TheFlow

Banned
holy shit. winning streak and promo chances over.

worst kat ever. 18 games played 28 percent win rate. why didn't I dodge. that and the teemo jungle lord have mercy. P.s it is was a first time teemo jungle player

worst part is that kat had a 55 win rate with both ori and ahri. :/. why do people keep playing the same champ they suck with.

you could literally climb to gold just by playing morg/blitz and nothing else. no I am not joking.

drawkcaB

Need to spectate some Fiddlesticks to see if the buffs helped him out. Fiddle is odd to me. I want to play and love Fiddlesticks, but whenever I do I don't find I'm having very much fun. I'd love to see what Riot could do to him in a full update to bring him up to modern standards.

I dunno what to feel about Galio. In theory he seems utterly bullshit but I haven't seen one pop off yet.

Just spectating so far, but same as well. I've seen some do some busted shit here and there, but there's an obvious learning curve to him and players are messin up mechanically.

Yeah but you can still just keep your teammates alive through sheer shielding and heals. Also, 2.25s silence at max rank?

In lower elo Janna is probably the better "protect the X" champion since she can protect multiple teammates...which is nice because in lower elo multiple teammates will be idiots.

For the record I have the same experience playing with the shitters at my level as JulianImp.

JulianImp

Keeping teammates alive isn't that good in low elo because they tend to be idiots, so the couple extra seconds you keep them alive are often wasted. Meanwhile, most people know that piling onto the guy who just got Nami ulted + bubbled is a good idea more often.

you could literally climb to gold just by playing morg/blitz and nothing else. no I am not joking.

I'm climbing support games on the back of Nami otp, but I seriously hate Morg and Blitz. Their kits are just absurdly boring, and I can actually land better bubbles than bindings or hooks nowadays, anyway. They both rely too much on their Qs to do anything, so once people group up you're a lot less likely to land your skillshots on their squishier targets.

In lower elo Janna is probably the better "protect the X" champion since she can protect multiple teammates...which is nice because in lower elo multiple teammates will be idiots.

For the record I have the same experience playing with the shitters at my level as JulianImp.

I absolutely can't play Janna, Taric or other such supports with a peel-oriented playstyle, though. "Protect the X" is often really not worth it for me at the very least, because bronze Xes tend to not really take advantage of the extra shields/heals you give them. Like, I've had countless adcs who would start an all-in, I'd buff them with whimsy or Nami E and then they'd back off without taking advantage of the ability I just used, or who would actually turn back and try to fight (and die) instead of using my movement speed boosts to GTFO when in a tough spot.

In MtG lingo, I'd rather be the aggro (proactive) player rather than the control (reactive) one, because it's way easier for me to pose my enemies a threat they have to answer (ie: dash/flash away from bubble or get all-inned) than to actually react to them doing a threatening move, most likely because my reaction time is still not all that sharp. I've rarely landed Taric or Zilean ults that actually did something, for example (they either die before I cast the ability or the ability times out and then they die anyway).

Leezard

Keeping teammates alive isn't that good in low elo because they tend to be idiots, so the couple extra seconds you keep them alive are often wasted. Meanwhile, most people know that piling onto the guy who just got Nami ulted + bubbled is a good idea more often.

I'm climbing support games on the back of Nami otp, but I seriously hate Morg and Blitz. Their kits are just absurdly boring, and I can actually land better bubbles than bindings or hooks nowadays, anyway. They both rely too much on their Qs to do anything, so once people group up you're a lot less likely to land your skillshots on their squishier targets.

I absolutely can't play Janna, Taric or other such supports with a peel-oriented playstyle, though. "Protect the X" is often really not worth it for me at the very least, because bronze Xes tend to not really take advantage of the extra shields/heals you give them. Like, I've had countless adcs who would start an all-in, I'd buff them with whimsy or Nami E and then they'd back off without taking advantage of the ability I just used, or who would actually turn back and try to fight (and die) instead of using my movement speed boosts to GTFO when in a tough spot.
Have you tried Zyra? She's great if you want to be more independent and still not only rely on hitting a single skillshot.

JulianImp

Have you tried Zyra? She's great if you want to be more independent and still not only rely on hitting a single skillshot.

Am a pretty happy Nami otp so far, but I did try Zyra and did a couple things with her. But then support Malz was a thing and I spammed him until he got nerfed, and then went back to Nami out of habit. She's a reanny nice middle ground from having a strong early game with E and Q to harass in lane, and can then seamlessly transition into CC/healbot come the mid-late game.

Zyra's cool and all, but she's really squishy, which sucks since us bronzies still mess up on positioning and threat recognition more often than not.

I want to know the background story about this one, you can see a quetzatcoat like dragon on the left side and karma,fighting him or helping him. On the right side you can see an Ourobos simbol on top of that pyramid

I dont remember the jade on her armor and the crown being aztec like.

Skipped a division XD

May I have your attention please:

I would like to announce that I have achieved the rank of Gold 1, and am soon to reach Platinum. The following list of users are Gaffers (whom I outrank)

Silver and slowly, slowwwwwwwwwwly cimbling to silver 4

Leezard

Am a pretty happy Nami otp so far, but I did try Zyra and did a couple things with her. But then support Malz was a thing and I spammed him until he got nerfed, and then went back to Nami out of habit. She's a reanny nice middle ground from having a strong early game with E and Q to harass in lane, and can then seamlessly transition into CC/healbot come the mid-late game.

Zyra's cool and all, but she's really squishy, which sucks since us bronzies still mess up on positioning and threat recognition more often than not.

Yeah, Nami is nice. I was thinking as a banned-or-pick backup.

I play mainly Nami/Zyra with some occasional other picks.

drawkcaB

Have you tried Bard? His upcoming buff should make him stronger at all phases and he'll be in a nice spot. He's very proactive with lots of fun tricks.

He's not like Nami, but is like Nami, sort of.

Top Bottom