• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comcast/others submitting false FCC User Comments on Net Neutrality

antonz

So apparently it has been discovered that potentially up to a million Anti-Net Neutrality Submissions have been made to the FCC using Comcast Subscriber information past and present via botnets. The Submitted comment is very similar to a press release put out by the Center for Individual Freedom in 2010.

yxxkhuy.png

Site has been setup that allows you to check if your Name was used to file a false statement and a easy way to contact the Attorney General if you find it has.
https://www.comcastroturf.com/

Site With details
https://consumerist.com/2017/05/10/...g-fcc-site-with-anti-net-neutrality-comments/

phants

Hillariously, Comcast are trying to C&D that website - an action that won't even be necessary if the proposed changes to Net Neutrality go ahead, as they'll just be able to block it - no lawyers required.

doesn't sound like fraud however this sounds more like impersonating and falsifying information.

For a company to do this? they should be destroyed. absolute and everyone that signed off on this in prison for 30+ years

antonz

Mr.Shrugglesツ;237952383 said:
Aside from the xfinity mentioned in the tweet, what's the connection with comcast?
Its all Comcast users so far being discovered. On top of that Comcast has actually been caught in the past doing astroturfing. They have even admitted to doing so. of course this time they are trying to sue the group that outed them

That is fucked up and imagine if net neutrality didn't exist Comcast could just block these sites. What a joke of them filing a cybersquatting claim, they are putting out a good effort critiquing Comcast and not trying to mislead customers that they are associated with Comcast.

Dyle

Wow, just typed in my last name and about 30 results popped up, all with the exact same copypasta text. I think one of them was my dad's cousin, but I guess they didn't have my parents' info since they switched to AT&T a couple years ago.

Fuck Comcast, astroturfing a federal website should be regarded as a form of cyber-terrorism.

They're doxing hundreds of thousands of their own customers...

Savitar

They are being so discrete about this I'm sure the current government shall.....oh.......oh................oh....................

Top Bottom