• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Carr Registers Multiple "Nintendo Beem" Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseMath

MYE said:
Cleaner look

Nintendo-BEEM3.jpg
No. Thanks.

Woffls

I think those mock-ups are pretty great, actually. A nice inconspicuous design is something Nintendo would go for, but it's distinctively a gaming machine because the design is so reminiscent of NES.

Beem is probably the best name suggested so far. Current was stupid, and Stream was too open for jokes. Does this invalidate the Cactus rumours?

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Coolio McAwesome said:
I decided to look at every single registered domain that started with "nintendo". After five minutes of extensive research, I can say with almost 100% certainty that Nintendo's console will be called the Beem.

Just look at the evidence:

NINTENDOBEEM.COM
- Registered on May 24, 2011 through the same company that registered NINTENDOWII.COM and NINTENDO3DS.COM. This was registered nearly a year before any of the next-gen speculation began.

NINTENDOBEEEM.COM
NINTENDOBEAM.COM
- Registered on May 28, 2011 through two differed registrars. This obviously isn't just a coincidence.

NINTENDOBEEMSTORE.COM
NINTENDOBEEMSHOP.COM
NINTENDOBEEMGAMES.COM
- All registered on June 1, 2011.

Also, the domain BEEM.COM was apparently purchased on January 31 for $136,000. Nobody's going to drop that kind of money on a domain name unless they have a vested interest in the name.
http://wii2blog.com/could-beem-be-project-cafes-real-name/

When you look at the evidence, Beem is the only name tha really seems to make sense.
None of these were actually registered by Nintendo.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What is "Beem" is the name of the new online infrastructure?

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Maxrpg said:
I hope it's just for the internet service. BEEM sounds really... childish looking.
Your avatar is childish looking. How does the way something sounds make it LOOK childish anyway?

Chiggs

HMMMMM

http://whois.domaintools.com/beemblog.com

Same guy who created the mock-up that was submitted to IGN.

cuyahoga said:
None of these were actually registered by Nintendo.

Registration Service Provided By: WHOIS.COM

Domain Name: BEEMBLOG.COM

Registrant:
Ghost and Horse
Aaron Carr ()
52 Raymond Place
Ainslee
Australian Capital Territory,2602
AU
Tel. +61.364254854

Creation Date: 26-May-2011
Expiration Date: 26-May-2012

Domain servers in listed order:
ns1.whois.com
ns2.whois.com
ns3.whois.com
ns4.whois.com

Administrative Contact:
Ghost and Horse
Aaron Carr ()
52 Raymond Place
Ainslee
AU
Tel. +61.364254854

Technical Contact:
Ghost and Horse
Aaron Carr ()
52 Raymond Place
Ainslee
AU
Tel. +61.364254854

Billing Contact:
Ghost and Horse
Aaron Carr ()
52 Raymond Place
Ainslee
AU
Tel. +61.364254854

Slime

Banned
Beaten by all the people saying it reminds them of Bleem! If this is the real name that's all I'll see/hear whenever Beem is brought up.

M-PG71C

I get it!

Nintendo Beem is Nintendo's nice, and overly-elaborate, way of saying...

Nintendo Bro, the evolution of being a Dudebro to a Nintenbro. It's hardcore now!

I like the name but that logo looks just plain fucking awful, I don't buy its design at all. It's not appealing but from the look of it anyway the logo is fake (but the name maybe real).

MicH

I think the logo is quite clever. It's the same symbol/letter/number used throughout. But as others have pointed out, I'm quite sceptic about the authenticity.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I like the incorrect spelling. Gives it more style -- but that's subjective, I guess. I still like it. :p

Chiggs

This whole thing is a conspiracy by someone named Aaron Carr.

MYE

Synth_floyd said:
and for the record, Wii is still a horrible name for a console

You might not like it, but it IS a name that worked wonderfully in its favor.

Maybe most people are past the CoolGrimdarkXtremeTechnoFuturisticShinyDeviceFromTheFuture names and/or image in general.
We have cars named Bora, Dobló, Micra and Aygo now, its nothing new. Trends come and go like everything else and the 90s are over.

Jin34

Buckethead said:
Most people call it PS1, PS2, PS3, not really "playstation".

I hear it called both, more so Playstation by the bros here, and let me tell you there are a shitload of dudebros here that care primarily about CoD. The "Nintendo" on it is far more negative to this crowd than "Beem" or whatever they put on it. And let's not even mention X-box when it comes to names. But nobody cares after a while, the imagery after the name is what matters most (the style of the commercials, the games shown, the bouncing Wii logo).

Exuro

Chiggs said:
I was thinking this as well. Someone couldn't have just got the name right with their console mock up.

SmithnCo

They should have rotated the third "3" and called it the BEWM. Then at E3 Reggie and Iwata can walk out in pimp suits with the console while "Here comes the boom" plays, and shower the audience in cash money.

[Nintex]

Chiggs said:

He paid $136k for that domain to fuck with Nintendo?

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom