• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Pre-order Thread - iPhone 8, 8+, Watch Series 3, AppleTV 4K

wachie

Pre-orders begin at 3AM EST. Store is down right now but will be back up in time to get your monies.

t1505458800z1.png

US Store Links below:

iPhone 8 - https://www.apple.com/us/shop/goto/buy_iphone/iphone_8
Watch Series 3 - https://www.apple.com/us/shop/goto/apple_watch
Apple TV 4K - https://www.apple.com/us/shop/goto/buy_tv/apple_tv_4k

NYR

Is there anything you need extra storage and GB on the Apple TV? It's only $20 more for the double capacity, thinking I might as well go for it.

jiiikoo

Banned
Gonna get the Series 3 Watch (non-LTE). No need for anything else yet, but will probably get the new Apple TV at some point.

wachie

I'll be buying the AppleTV 4K as well. Anything I should be aware of?

Will be going from the Official Android TV box (Mi) to this. Hoping I can side load KODI for some rare occasion but my 90% use case is PLEX.

Noticed earlier that a bunch of my prior iTunes movie purchases have been updated to 4K and HDR.

I’m still shocked Apple was able pull that off, along with selling 4K movies at regular price.

Even if you’re an Apple hater, you’ve gotta be pretty damn thankful for what they did. One would think 4K movie prices are going to drop across the board, including discs. This should help drive demand, which should help bring down the price of 4K TVs a little faster.

Positives all around.

wachie

Really want to preorder 8plus but don't want to wait up another hour. Will it be sold in in 6 hours when I wake up?
It may still be available but your order will be much down the line of fulfillment. Some colors/options may also be out temporarily i.e the shipping time will slip for popular configurations.

Noticed earlier that a bunch of my prior iTunes movie purchases have been updated to 4K and HDR.

I’m still shocked Apple was able pull that off, along with selling 4K movies at regular price.

Even if you’re an Apple hater, you’ve gotta pretty damn thankful for what they did. One would think 4K movie prices are going to drop across the board, including discs. This should help drive demand, which should help bring down the price of 4K TVs a little faster.

Positives all around.

For real. I’ve made fun of Eddy Cue before, but he really came through on this one.

Makes me think that VUDU/Amazon/Google didn’t even try, they just let the studios do whatever they want.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.

Even if you’re an Apple hater, you’ve gotta be pretty damn thankful for what they did. One would think 4K movie prices are going to drop across the board, including discs. This should help drive demand, which should help bring down the price of 4K TVs a little faster.

Positives all around.
Surprise of the show for me. Really impressed Apple pulled that off, quite honestly.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I don’t think there’ll be a problem. All the polls I see say 75% of folks are waiting for the X. I’ll be interested how fast the shipping times stretch out for the 8.

Juice

Checking in from Tokyo.

I'm so worried about X stock that I'm buying an 8 today provisonally to resell my 7+ ASAP. I'll offload the 8 as soon as I can get my hands on an X, but in case stock is insanely bad that could be until January for all I know

Souzetsu

Looking to get an LTE Apple Watch Series 3.

Also, does Verizon offer monthly payments for the Watch itself like they do with phones?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
- Burned on Apple TV 2015, will skip 4K - hopefully Apple's actions will affect google play/amazon for better range of movies and pricing.

- my series 0 SS is still ok for notifications. Might keep a look out for a cheap series 2 SS as stores clear stock. I don’t need LTE and can’t use it in the UK anyway on my operator, and SS forces me to buy LTE.

- I want an X but half tempted to get an 8 to play with for a couple of weeks, see how I get on.

Checking in from Tokyo.

I'm so worried about X stock that I'm buying an 8 today provisonally to resell my 7+ ASAP. I'll offload the 8 as soon as I can get my hands on an X, but in case stock is insanely bad that could be until January for all I know

Also this

jiiikoo

Banned

Positives all around.

Damn, I guess the 4K service is not yet available in Finland. Didn't notice any 4K movies on the store :(

I'll be buying the AppleTV 4K as well. Anything I should be aware of?

Will be going from the Official Android TV box (Mi) to this. Hoping I can side load KODI for some rare occasion but my 90% use case is PLEX.

There’s an official plex app, but you can sideload apps easily enough if you have a Mac.

NYR

So, with the assumption that getting the 8 and 8+ will be a bit easier, how hard do you guys expect it to be to get the X?

Impossible for 2017. Just my guess. I think it is fair to say it will be the hardest iPhone to get ever. I expect 99% of orders on Oct 27 to be 3-4 week delivery from Nov 3 which puts it at early to mid December for first grouping to get theirs.

Impossible for 2016. Just my guess. I think it is fair to say it will be the hardest iPhone to get ever. I expect 99% of orders on Oct 27 to be 3-4 week delivery.

How do people get them on the first shipment? Just luck of who's internet connects to the server quickest?

Top Bottom