• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 11 |OT| iPad becomes useful

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So 20 sec 4K60 clip would be around 87.6 MB? Gonna fill up fast.
So about 4 mins worth is about 1GB.

I've had iOS11 GM installed on my phone for a week now, and my battery is noticeably worse. I don't know what to tell you.

Same.

Housekeeping period is over and my 6S drains like crazy.
It's an old battery by now, but it wasn't this bad on 10.3.3.

My iPad Air 2 seems fine though.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Same.

Housekeeping period is over and my 6S drains like crazy.
It's an old battery by now, but it wasn't this bad on 10.3.3.

My iPad Air 2 seems fine though.

My 6 battery started behaving nonsensically last week. Drains to low power after two hours. Sometimes regains fifty percent after a restart always "charges" to 80% in like five minutes. I smell a rat.

Apt101

I may actually upgrade from my iPad Air 2 if the multitasking I want to do proves too taxing for it. And I was all set to ride this baby into the sunset like I did my OG iPad (had that badboy for like six years).

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I may actually upgrade from my iPad Air 2 if the multitasking I want to do proves too taxing for it. And I was all set to ride this baby into the sunset like I did my OG iPad (had that badboy for like six years).

nah Air 2 should be mostly fine.

I noticed... HEVC and HEIF seem to be turned off by default. Weird because I had them turned on in the beta.. and GM turned them off.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

It works ok. Getting used to it myself. (I miss slide over :( )
Don't judge immediately after the install of course, give it a few hours.

Note that the 3 window multitasking is only on the Pros. (2017 only? not sure)

indask8

It works ok. Getting used to it myself. (I miss slide over :( )
Don't judge immediately after the install of course, give it a few hours.

Note that the 3 window multitasking is only on the Pros. (2017 only? not sure)

I sure hope it'll work on the 1st gen 12.9 model as well, because it has 4gb of ram like the latest model, so ram isn't an excuse here.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Does iPhone get the swipe keyboard? Only had the public beta on iPad Pro and love/hate it.

Love it for easy access to number keys. Hate it for having the symbols in different locations than before (and when you press the symbol button they move!)

Fliesen

If I'm on the public beta, will I still get an update to the 'normal' release?

if you were in the public beta, you'll be running the gold master by now, which also means that today's release is the same version as you'll already be running.

So ... nothing will happen to your devices today, i think.

Arlen777

Anyone knows of a fix for an error during iTunes backup "backup hasn't been completed, bc iphone was disconnected"?

Keep having this issue, tried so many things like: Airplane mode, different usb ports and cables"

snacknuts

we all knew her
Downloading now.

Is there a third party keyboard that is widely regarded as best in class for the iPad? I hate the iOS keyboard.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
if you were in the public beta, you'll be running the gold master by now, which also means that today's release is the same version as you'll already be running.

So ... nothing will happen to your devices today, i think.

Correct, there's no prompt for a new update.

Top Bottom