• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

90s Arcade Racer seemingly cancelled for Wii U and PC

http://angelcomm.net/games/90s-super-gp

VffgSWX.png

Someone noticed it in the Nicalis thread. Only for PS4 and XBO now, it seems?

What a fucking shame if so. Was excited for this... I wonder what they're going to do for backers?

Credit to MacTag

Lock if wrong or old

The Giant

Banned
Oh get fucked.

I will be so happy, the day Nicalis goes bankrupt. What a shit and incompetent company they are.

Guess Who

Banned
Wii U cancellation sucks, but, let's be real, it's at least kinda understandable.

PC cancellation doesn't make any sense.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Did the developers announce this anywhere or is this another instance of people learning things second-hand from Nicalis?

Also, why does Nicalis' site have an "angelcomm" URL?

Takao

Banned
Did they lose their domain name or something? What is that website? Why does it list PS2 as a platform? Why does it say a PS4 game came out in 2011?

Platy

Wii U cancellation sucks, but, let's be real, it's at least kinda understandable.

PC cancellation doesn't make any sense.

Besides the fact that it was originaly kickstaerted as a wiiu game, it is the perfect moment for indie games on wiiu since they don't have to compete with big nintendo games being released

Corpekata

Banned
It's a Nicalis site. They generally don't handle PC versions of games. It's probably self published there.

Seems likely this is just what versions Nicalis is putting out. There's no way they're cancelling literally the only two platforms involved in the KS and porting it to two others.

Besides the fact that it was originaly kickstaerted as a wiiu game, it is the perfect moment for indie games on wiiu since they don't have to compete with big nintendo games being released

That's exactly why I pounced on the recent humble bundle.

Bizarre call on both counts. Wii U owners are thirsting for games, and the demand for a non-Mario Kart racer seems pretty real with the constant Diddy and F-Zero requests. PC is PC. Makes no sense.

epmode

Nicalis really understands the nostalgia factor! PC players have to wait for emulators to catch up, just like we did with Daytona.

Hmmm, I had to look up whether I had backed it. Turns out I didn't. I'd be pissed if I had backed it assuming it was on the Wii U and now it won't come to it.

Did they lose their domain name or something? What is that website? Why does it list PS2 as a platform? Why does it say a PS4 game came out in 2011?

It's a Nicalis site. They generally don't handle PC versions of games. It's probably self published there.

Wait, yeah, there's a second Nicalis site. And this one's last blog update was in 2015. I'm gonna go have a look at the archive and see if this is old and fucked up or what

Edit: No, they keep their "new from nicalis" thing updated on here, so I don't think it's just a mixup with their old site... and 90s super GP seems never to have been an old name for it?

this is weird considering it's listed normally on their main site

fernoca

Wii U cancellation seems fishy, since they would've notified the backers by now. After all, it was pitched/kickstarted as a Wii U game. Maybe there's something else.

EDIT:
Yeah, seems the site is not the right one and just fucked up. Main site still lists Wii U. Who knows.

And PC? Damn. Wii U cancellation doesn't surprise me, but this is the first time I've seen a pretty modest-profile indie game skip PC on the initial release.

If anything wouldn't the PC market be more receptive and open-arms to an arcade racer, especially noticing how racing games have been performing on consoles as of late?

catmario

If that's true and if they changed to NX version, I would understand for cancel WiiU version. But cancel for PC Version is absolutely bad thing.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Expected it to simply be canceled outright, and was going to say that wouldn't be surprising.

But a platform change? Suuuuure.

I did some more sleuthing and according to http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,129851.msg1511996.html#msg1511996 , one of the last kickstar backer update had the 90's Super GP name???

Shown with the new title at a Nicalis event last week? Did anyone go?

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/status/728388167254953984

Bunch of other games too: Creepy Castle, Tiny Barbarian DX, Ittle Dew 2, Full Mojo Rampage and BOI Afterbirth.

ChvBK-fVIAI5MWg.jpg

May 5, 2016, 5:57:26 PM

There we go. It's 90s Super GP now. Meaning it's cancelled for Wii U and PC :/

Top Bottom