• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(08-21-2016, 09:10 PM)
The new pictures of the design look a lot nicer than I initially thought.
Kyoufu
(08-21-2016, 09:10 PM)
Hey Venom Fox, did they remove optical from this model?
AAMARMO
(08-21-2016, 09:11 PM)

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/...ly_leak_online
Deku Tree

Originally Posted by Cartman86

Wouldn't be shocking at all if game sites contacted the seller and he sent the same picks to them as well.

Yeah but sites most likely saw the pictures here first, and therefore should give proper credit.
zewone

Originally Posted by Spieler Eins

ITT: We pretend that the PS4 was a good looking system?

Because it is.
Caayn

Originally Posted by henhowc

did they ever sell those colored ones outside of japan? all i remember are the ugly game themed ones that were like slapping on a decal.

A game shop in The Netherlands where I live sells official Sony faceplates for 20 a pop. They've got Gold, Neon orange, Red, White, Silver and Aqua Blue.

It always was? My only complaint with it is the glossy part because it scratches by looking at it.
Dantei
Banned
Looks terrible.

MCN
Can we drop the "Rumour" part of the thread title at this point?
TheOnlyOneHeEverFeared

Originally Posted by SomedayTheFire

he wants cash and direct pickup so i doubt we'd have any luck in ireland. (unless you're over there now)

neo is the upgrade. as I and many others have said this is an OG PS4 replacement. for new owners.

I will be over there either Monday or Tuesday, so we'll see.
Venom Fox
Banned
Twitter buyer Is posting more pics soon!!!
Audioboxer
(08-21-2016, 09:12 PM)

Originally Posted by phanphare

the post you responded to was only about jason and kotaku so..

He made a few in succession and I just quoted one of his. It's clear above I'm aiming the ire at Polygon, I even half defended IGN as they've just taken Polygons word.
zuf

Originally Posted by MilkyJoe

Cause that's how eBay etc works with new consoles ha ha

For a standard revision without any enhancements, yeah. No one is paying 1k for this.
Inuhanyou
Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Originally Posted by SlipperyFishes

Wrong. They got the pictures directly from me who contacted the seller directly on Gumtree. And yes, I work at the same company.

That doesn't make it better when their source for the slim came from this thread specifically. just because they contacted the seller afterward and posted pics still means they should give credit to us for breaking the story.

Anyway, this unit looks sleek AF. Not that PS4 didn't already look sleek, but it looks positively bulky and 1950s boxy compared to the slim's modern sleekness.
Persona7

Originally Posted by Deku Tree

Yeah but sites most likely saw the pictures here first, and therefore should give proper credit.

I saw them on twitter with no mention of neogaf.
phanphare

foreal
jschreier

Originally Posted by Audioboxer

Chill Jason I'm talking about Polygon, no need to call me a moron.

hm

Nah
Obliterator
cousin investments
Thread is huge so it would be hard to catch up on everything but this is absolutely real correct? Those photos are awfully damn convincing
orochi91

Originally Posted by AAMARMO

Very nice.

:O
Toadthemushroom

Originally Posted by boyshine

People buy beautiful things for themselves. It has nothing to do with style points or bragging. I get enjoyment from looking at good design. When you can look at something and see the love that is behind the design, then you appreciate it that much more, compared to something that is just a rehash or simplification to save money. I don't see any love behind this.

This. Even if you don't personally like the design of, say, the Xbox One S, at a single glance it's pretty easy to tell that a lot of work and craft has gone into realising it, which evidently isn't exactly the case with this PS4 Revision.

Likewise, I'm not 100% happy with the direction Nintendo took the 3DS design in (it's a lot more fussy compared with the clean lines of the DSi XL), but it's hard not to appreciate something like this, and it's obvious they are employing higher quality materials and construction processes:

Originally Posted by Mistle

Here's some pics. Amazing device.

Xenoflare

Originally Posted by artsi

I'm actually amazed at the speed of this. Pictures of a new PS4 appear, and the same night some other dude has it sitting in their living room.

I know right? Usually you'd think there is going to be a week or two for crazy brewings about what this actually is. Now it's leaked, verified, and even had a comparison with the OG in one thread

Nothing is under wraps anymore
Wollan
The reason why I will never ever be banned.
Sexy.

Matte surface and clean aesthetics. A slim system that's actually slim.

Will never own it though as I'm in for Neo.
AAMARMO
Lol pushsquare gave out source real name. Not related to Gumtree guy.
KingBroly

So about an inch shorter from front-to-back?
mdubs
The first pages of this thread

rubes7844
Banned

Originally Posted by Inuhanyou

That doesn't make it better when their source for the slim came from this thread specifically. just because they contacted the seller afterward and posted pics still means they should give credit to us for breaking the story

Did you break the story?
Vena
(08-21-2016, 09:13 PM)

Originally Posted by KingBroly

Alright.

It seems like a stupid design change, honestly.

Less plastic for less vertical space. Seems logical to me, helps cut down costs. The guts will be likely about the same cost as the OG, so they have to cut down in other places. Cutting down dimensions hits plastic costs and boxing/shipping costs. Also no Optical Out was for price cutting as well.
ArkhamFantasy

Originally Posted by Obliterator

Thread is huge so it would be hard to catch up on everything but this is absolutely real correct? Those photos are awfully damn convincing

Its confirmed now, people have them.
henhowc
matte doesn't look as good in pictures out of the box but much better than a scratched up glossy plastic. you're done if you get even a tiny bit of dust on it and need to clean it off.

the matte plastic on the og ps4 does feel a bit cheap in itself though. then again...costs. this ain't a luxury car where you use soft touch plastics. heh
Bl@de
Enough boring pictures. Give me noise measurements :P And then tear it down to show the inside
WadeitOut
It HAS to have a UHD player right? I can't see them actually releasing a different model barely any smaller with no additional selling point.
Mutagenic
Permanent Junior Member

Originally Posted by Audioboxer

He made a few in succession and I just quoted one of his. It's clear above I'm aiming the ire at Polygon, I even half defended IGN as they've just taken Polygons word.

Do you have multiple personalities? You were clearly calling out Kotaku. Own that shit.
Venom Fox
Banned

Originally Posted by jschreier

hm

Nah

Jason! I did clarify :)

Either way if IGN and Polygon did contact the seller then he would be sent the same pics so it's all good!
Chittagong
Can we get a teardown of a console prior to announcement? Don't let me down gaf!
SG-17

Jesus fuck that guy needs to clean his PS4.
SprachBrooks
Does it have Bluetooth support and a better Wi-Fi chip?
ryan299
I'm seeing unconfirmed rumors that the release is Sep 14 and Neo is being held until March.

EDIT: It was a tweet from some European gaming site that I've never heard of. It was getting retweeted by a bunch of people I follow. They just deleted it, so fake. I should've said twitter, my bad.
Last edited by ryan299; 08-21-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Karspankey

He should really turn a light on in his house, haha!
ThatOneGrunt
I don't understand. How did these sellers get their hands on them? Sony must have been planning a reveal sooner than their sept conference right?
fritzo

okay. this looks great. i wonder what the new stand looks like, and how it looks standing. I have my ps4 standing outside my entertainment system for air circulation.
ArkhamFantasy
(08-21-2016, 09:14 PM)
We need to know how loud it is!
jbug617

Originally Posted by WadeitOut

It HAS to have a UHD player right? I can't see them actually releasing a different model barely any smaller with no additional selling point.

Neo will have the new stuff. This is just replacing the OG PS4.
0racle
Team wtf.
mohsinkhan

Originally Posted by ryan299

I'm seeing unconfirmed rumors that the release is Sep 14 and Neo is being held until March.

Where?
Reckless Onion

Originally Posted by ryan299

oh please god no, not like this
The Last One

Originally Posted by ThatOneGrunt

I don't understand. How did these sellers get their hands on them? Sony must have been planning a reveal sooner than their sept conference right?

PS3 slims leaked way before it was revealed. So I don't think so.
vsaintlo

Originally Posted by jschreier

hm

Nah

Well damn.
vilmer_

They fell out of a truck.
TheOnlyOneHeEverFeared

99% they're stolen from wherever this bloke works.
Xenoflare

Originally Posted by Toadthemushroom

This. Even if you don't personally like the design of, say, the Xbox One S, at a single glance it's pretty easy to tell that a lot of work and craft has gone into realising it, which evidently isn't exactly the case with this PS4 Revision.

Likewise, I'm not 100% happy with the direction Nintendo took the 3DS design in (it's a lot more fussy compared with the clean lines of the DSi XL), but it's hard not to appreciate something like this, and it's obvious they are employing higher quality materials and construction processes:

You'll need a clear case, the finish on the new XL is extremely prone to peeling and it's all black underneath, a few sessions of sweaty palm MH or lunatic fire emeblem can ruin it really quickly
KingBroly

Originally Posted by Vena

Less plastic for less vertical space. Seems logical to me, helps cut down costs. The guts will be likely about the same cost as the OG, so they have to cut down in other places. Cutting down dimensions hits plastic costs and boxing/shipping costs. Also no Optical Out was for price cutting as well.

If they're gonna do that, they should get rid of the middle cut.