• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

So. What's the Revo Hades MHera cheese team again? I just pulled him and thought that would be an easier way to get her for my RaDra than trying to customize my Aizen team to make it work.

You only need MZeus for RaDra. Learned that myself the other day. MZeus isn't too bad, I got one for my alt with A. Panda and a couple stones.

b33r

I rolled my returned stones. Kenpaichi, Kenpaichi, and MOTHERFUCKING AIZEN. I'm done now.

Grats, he's awesome. I already pentanaxed mine, 2 sdr, 3 hp+, and I inherited Orochi on him since I haven't awoken Susano yet. Most of the Aizens on my list have Orochi or a shield, so I will just use a friends with shield.

Edit: here is a link to a video showing how to beat the radar dragons with him. I have Izanami max skilled, but looks like I'll need to plus her.

https://youtu.be/cCw_VTmqo3o

Bladelaw

Grats, he's awesome. I already pentanaxed mine, 2 sdr, 3 hp+, and I inherited Orochi on him since I haven't awoken Susano yet. Most of the Aizens on my list have Orochi or a shield, so I will just use a friends with shield.

Edit: here is a link to a video showing how to beat the radar dragons with him. I have Izanami max skilled, but looks like I'll need to plus her.

https://youtu.be/cCw_VTmqo3o

I'm thinking of running halloween Iza, Awoken Persephone, Lumiel, D/B Okuni for starters, once I see how it does I'll tweak as needed. I have awoken Susano but again I'm perpetually short green tans. I'll swap in Diza if I need the dark resist.

I'm always scared to use collab/seasonal leaders because they're so time-limited in terms of actual usage. Blue Myr looks like lots of fun but nobody puts her up anymore for obvious reasons.

At least I was able to get a yellow jewel from RMI this week and blew some piis to fully evo and skill ADQXQ. I figure the card will be relevant for a long time in the future, plus whatever future Reincarnated buffs it gets.

I have 4 Ras for a proper semi-luxury button team but I've been too lazy to fully farm a Tengu and lack of skillups is an issue. At least my ALB co-op farming team is mostly good, and I'm happy to help out the Perseus/Australis folks who don't have a Liu Bei.

W-00

I was feeling pretty okay about the refund stones, only 2 and 1, because I didn't roll much, but it's better than nothing.

And then I read on Reddit that JP had the same issue (reporting a pool of 10 cards rather than 14) and they got a FULL refund of every stone rolled. Does anyone who plays JP here know if that's accurate? Because if it is, holy hell were we shortchanged.

Ducarmel

I was feeling pretty okay about the refund stones, only 2 and 1, because I didn't roll much, but it's better than nothing.

And then I read on Reddit that JP had the same issue (reporting a pool of 10 cards rather than 14) and they got a FULL refund of every stone rolled. Does anyone who plays JP here know if that's accurate? Because if it is, holy hell were we shortchanged.
I don't remember this ever happening, do you have a link to that discussion?

Things i do remember on jp server rem compensation.

The wrong monsters coming out of the REM would mean full compensation for stones spent.

A display issue would trigger full stone compensation if the display promised increased rates but there was no increase in rates.

Another display issue that would trigger full refund is if you pulled a card but the stats to that card was different from the official stats gungho said the card was. So those who pulled that card during the wrong display for that card would get all their stones back and everybody else would only get 1 stone per pull.

W-00

I don't remember this ever happening, do you have a link to that discussion?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/5mcucz/newsnableach_collab_compensation/

Look for the user GrimmjowSucks

Though looking back at it, it seems I may have incorrectly inferred that it was referring to the Bleach collab in JP, rather than the sort of issues you mentioned. But since there being a different number of cards listed than there actually was would change the understanding of the rates for each card, this does seem like a situation that would merit a full refund.

I'm always scared to use collab/seasonal leaders because they're so time-limited in terms of actual usage. Blue Myr looks like lots of fun but nobody puts her up anymore for obvious reasons.

At least I was able to get a yellow jewel from RMI this week and blew some piis to fully evo and skill ADQXQ. I figure the card will be relevant for a long time in the future, plus whatever future Reincarnated buffs it gets.

I have 4 Ras for a proper semi-luxury button team but I've been too lazy to fully farm a Tengu and lack of skillups is an issue. At least my ALB co-op farming team is mostly good, and I'm happy to help out the Perseus/Australis folks who don't have a Liu Bei.

Blue Myr is super popular. I have a ton on my friends list. If a card is still top tier, even if it's from a collab or seasonal REM you'll be able to find people that run them.

Bladelaw

I hear you my supply of Kenshin friends is rather small at the moment. Probably going g to burn a BF on him. Even though Aizen is pretty much better Kenshin is still a ton of fun to play.

Abandond

What Dr. said and check your Quest progress as well in Others->Quest. Completing some of those gives Piis as well as Pal Points, stones, TAMAs, Gold, and other goodies.

Awoken monsters require piis, so you'd need woodpys. You can get them from farming arena (which is basically end game) or as rewards for some challenges. It can take a while for new players to start to get them, but once you can consistently clear like challenge level 7s or so you'll start getting a collection. Some times we just get them as random gifts.

Gotcha.

No where near close to finishing any of the quests for Woodpys unfortunately, haha. But I have enough things to work on in the mean time...

Just waiting for this green mask to drop in Kronos Forest.

b33r

Aizen can get ruined by skyfall pretty easily with that 36x static multiplier, I just got murdered by Karin in arena lol. That's a stall floor, and I skyfalled her to rage zone :( I bet there will be some bad times with sopdet too. Still really loving him though.

Kwhit10

Finally attempted mech Zeus with Revo Venus and got it burning one stone when I forgot to enhance light orbs when going for zeus kill.

Team was

Revo Venus (okuni)
Lmeta (gadius)
Apoc
DQXQ (orochi)
Wukong (a. Thor)
Revo Venus (light akechi)

Bladelaw

Had a couple hiccups on ALB serket but went relatively smoothly, only just after finishing it did I see a Revo Minerva clear that made the dungeon a joke of course.

Adeptrain

I had a quick question. As a new player, I'm slowly trying to lvl up and gain enough ranks to tackle the descended dungeons...especially for the gods that have an awoken evolution.
Anyway, my question is about their skill level. For example, my moral commanding Liu Bei has a skill level of 3. If I awaken him, does he lose those levels and go back to 1 because his skill changes?

Jagernaut

I had a quick question. As a new player, I'm slowly trying to lvl up and gain enough ranks to tackle the descended dungeons...especially for the gods that have an awoken evolution.
Anyway, my question is about their skill level. For example, my moral commanding Liu Bei has a skill level of 3. If I awaken him, does he lose those levels and go back to 1 because his skill changes?

Yes, any time the skill changes you lose all skillups and have to start over. If you want the Awoken versions don't bother skilling up the earlier versions.

I kind of like Setsu's take on his hopes/dreams/wishes for changes to the game, especially buffs to solo play and imrpoved communication (I wish the only non-Discord option for MP wasn't "check to see if one of your friends has an open lobby for the exact dungeon you want").

And for me especially I would very much appreciate different "boxes", or tags as a compromise, to specifically mark certain cards for a certain purpose. Life would be easier if I could just fuse and evolve from PadHerder :/

smbu2000

Well finally decided to try out Machine Hera and on my 2nd try...
Oh, so close:
My comboing was terrible on that one as there were a few too many water drops on the board after using Scheat.

j5KVv6w.jpg

So I used one stone on my main (which I got back after clearing it) and finished her off.

edit...

My main team is easy to see, but my sub team was Neptune, Orochi, Rukia, Ryune, and Shinji-Scheat.

Neptune let me get past floor 4 Sadalmelik pretty easily and stall for turns. Used Orochi #1 one on floor 6 to wait out the water guy's water absorb and not have the light one reincarnate. Used Orochi #2 on floor nine to slowly work him down. I had MHera at about half of her HP and had to stall a bit as she kept delaying my skill turns and then having water absorb back to back...Finally got a chance to attack, but just didn't combo very well...

First try thought I could stall for turns on floor 5 with Mar Midgard, but didn't check out the MHera floor guide and died on his +280k super attack, which even with my 75% damage reduction was too much.

Anyway, glad to have her. Now I'm debating on whether to hyper her on both of my accounts to use for multi or just use her for fodder for YomiDra. (I still need to clear Hera Dragon, which I missed playing the last time it showed up as a guerrilla dungeon.)

I also want to try/clear MZeus for my RaDra. Would MHera make MZeus easier?

edit: Tried MHera again and this time I was able to clear it without continuing, yay!

Bladelaw

I also want to try/clear MZeus for my RaDra. Would MHera make MZeus easier?
There's a couple teams out there but it depends on how deep your box is. If you're on the machine lead discord there's setups like the ALB server for these I think.

----------
The Yamatsumi ranking dungeon was announced and I think Aizen is going to blast through it. The only stipulation is all attributes and I made a team that cleared endless in 8 minutes. I need to check the dungeon for specific mechanics but I think the top ten is going to be Aizen and Yamamoto.

Aizen can skip true damage if you can quickly get a double dark cross with a 5 combo total

smbu2000

There's a couple teams out there but it depends on how deep your box is. If you're on the machine lead discord there's setups like the ALB server for these I think.

----------
The Yamatsumi ranking dungeon was announced and I think Aizen is going to blast through it. The only stipulation is all attributes and I made a team that cleared endless in 8 minutes. I need to check the dungeon for specific mechanics but I think the top ten is going to be Aizen and Yamamoto.

Aizen can skip true damage if you can quickly get a double dark cross with a 5 combo total
Thanks. I do have quite a few characters at my disposal as I've had both of my accounts for awhile (main is above rank 610 and sub is at 560). If I'm doing multi, then I'd just play by myself like I usually do. (besides when I do multi with my gf)

So earlier I wasn't sure about whether to evo MHera or use her as evo fodder. My gf just told me to play it again, so I did and this time I was able to clear MHera without continuing. Yay!

I guess I'll just edit my other post now.

hermit7

Beat serkhet challenge with Noctis.

Fun team and works really well. Also the stat bonus is really helpful for that dungeon.

Beat the normal version with Gremory.

Also fairly easy for the same reason (the shield from Gremory lead skill).

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Box management has started to become a big reason that this game just isn't able to be played casually. Was sitting on like 2 pages worth of +eggs from the descend challenges and going thru them took a half hour cross checking shit on pad herder and padx.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Idk bro, +egg and general box management is super easy, are you sure you're playing the game right?

It's easy when I play PAD 4 hours a day. When I just want to burn a bar of stamina to load up on tamas shit's a hassle.

I've been better about flushing out my box on occasion but I still need to keep 5 of every evo mat and at least one descend boss for reasons, and it creeps back up.

Today I used Excel and I'm just going to favorite everything I don't sell or fuse, maybe that will make it easier. Still I'd like different "boxes" (one for evo mats, Myr mats, tamas etc) even if the overall max stays the same. I'm about 800 box space and it still gets dicey every now and then. Maybe I could sell one of the 7 Tsubakis...

hermit7

Got 5 drops of aizens skill up and went 5/5 for skill ups.

Best I have ever gotten I think and means I won't need to use pii.

Seems like a fun team I am running: bikinidora, dmeta eschamali, awoken Haku.

Seems like a decent team. Popped a longer shield on dmeta and have all but her plussed.

Seems strong.

J0dy77

Came to post about running Mp mechanics Zeus in prep for Ra dra. I see I'm not the only one thinking that way.

I've been able to solo to him and chip him away solo but can't seem to get him down with my current teams. Anyone want to give it a try later? I can run Myr, Krishna, kaede, Liu bei, minerva/ilm depending on what others have.

hermit7

Came to post about running Mp mechanics Zeus in prep for Ra dra. I see I'm not the only one thinking that way.

I've been able to solo to him and chip him away solo but can't seem to get him down with my current teams. Anyone want to give it a try later? I can run Myr, Krishna, kaede, Liu bei, minerva/ilm depending on what others have.

May be down. I have Minerva as an option fully plussed. What team is good for it with her? I have 2 tsubaki, ilm, superman, gadius, etc.

smbu2000

I didn't realize that I'd have to evo MHera first for YD... That pushed me to focus on making my MHera team first as that should make MZeus easier to clear. Farming for her evo mats is a pain though. I need so many gold keepers...

I was able to make Demon Hadar easily from running Deus Ex and finishing what I needed with the tech dungeons. Making those dark/light golems is tiresome. Picked up the fire/water/wood golems from Deus Ex as well. 3 Gold Keepers to evo each fire/water/wood golem and each dark/light golem takes one of each color and 2 extra gold keepers.

Luckily the current event has the TWThF dungeons available this weekend, so I've been farming the Tuesday dungeon a lot. Will need to do Friday as well once I run out of dub-myths...

Bought 60 stones and rolled bleach because I'm dumb. Really shit rates, but I got a 6 star, Rukia. I should be able to put a good team together. Not the 6 star I was looking for but whatever. Done IAP for a LONG time.

b33r

I still use my Rukia in JP often. She is great for no awakening, all attribute, etc... And is very fun to play. Her RCV is nuts now too.

I still use my Rukia in JP often. She is great for no awakening, all attribute, etc... And is very fun to play. Her RCV is nuts now too.

Yeah she seems like a fun lead, and I don't run a combo lead so it'll be a nice change of pace. What does your team look like? I have hypered Sumire x 3, Ryune, Isis, and a ton of other blue subs. The team will be used mainly solo.

I've got Barbarossa too. Would be cool to finally use him.

b33r

Yeah she seems like a fun lead, and I don't run a combo lead so it'll be a nice change of pace. What does your team look like? I have hypered Sumire x 3, Ryune, Isis, and a ton of other blue subs. The team will be used mainly solo.

I've got Barbarossa too. Would be cool to finally use him.

I change it a lot, I usually use Scheat, awoken Hermes, then flex the other 2 spots. A Sumire or two is nice for time extends, Alresha if I need trash clear or god killer. I recently added Meri to the team, she floods the board with blue an adds +2 to combo count which is great for her multiplier. Awoken Orochi I use often as well, 4 prongs and great utility.

With her 3 sbr and no type needed, subs are wide open.

Edit, you should try to use one good prong sub for burst if you have one.

Edit 2: my blue box is pretty stacked though, I really only run blue teams on that account.

Okamid3n

Speaking of blue teams, I don't have a blue lead. I have two maxed out Beach Eschamali sitting pretty as box cheerleaders, as well as a Scheat ready to be inherited or something. How's Neptune Dragon's uevo?

...I hope one of the blue cards I have become a great leader in the future.

b33r

I haven't got all the mats for nepdragons uvo yet, but I pair my Meri with friends ones sometimes. He's really good, but obscenely orb hungry. Though with two blue Eshas and a Scheat inherit, it might work well. Watch some vids maybe.

He's a great blue awoken Liu bei if you have a bunch of Toshiros. He's underrated as a lead imo.

I change it a lot, I usually use Scheat, awoken Hermes, then flex the other 2 spots. A Sumire or two is nice for time extends, Alresha if I need trash clear or god killer. I recently added Meri to the team, she floods the board with blue an adds +2 to combo count which is great for her multiplier. Awoken Orochi I use often as well, 4 prongs and great utility.

With her 3 sbr and no type needed, subs are wide open.

Edit, you should try to use one good prong sub for burst if you have one.

Edit 2: my blue box is pretty stacked though, I really only run blue teams on that account.

Thanks! My blue box is pretty stacked as well. Lot of 3 prongers and orochi. Never really seriously used them outside of a couple weeks run of beach lak before I rolled Gremory. Like how flexible team building is. Played around with a thrown together team with my Rukia not completely evolved and the damage seems real nice.

b33r

Yeah, she was a top lead when she came out. They upped her damage and RCV with the new uvo, and she hasn't touched the recent JP tier list. But she is very capable of handling end game content, she just fell do to the extreme power creep. I really wanted her on my NA account, I wouldn't trade Aizen for her, but I would trade Ichigo.

W-00

So it's looking like there just plain won't be a special REM this coming week, seeing as even EU hasn't said anything about one.

Dammit. Even though I was pretty sure that was how things usually went, going straight from the Xmas REM to the Bleach REM gave me hope that we'd at least get the NY REM at this point. Or, if that was too new, maybe even the Heroine REM...

I know that the longer it takes for the Heroine REM to come, the more stones I'll be able to save, and that increases my chances of getting the cards I want, but I also really want it to come soon to get it over with so I can spend stones on other things without feeling like I'm wasting them. Anyone else feel the same?

Kwhit10

So it's looking like there just plain won't be a special REM this coming week, seeing as even EU hasn't said anything about one.

Dammit. Even though I was pretty sure that was how things usually went, going straight from the Xmas REM to the Bleach REM gave me hope that we'd at least get the NY REM at this point. Or, if that was too new, maybe even the Heroine REM...

I know that the longer it takes for the Heroine REM to come, the more stones I'll be able to save, and that increases my chances of getting the cards I want, but I also really want it to come soon to get it over with so I can spend stones on other things without feeling like I'm wasting them. Anyone else feel the same?

Yea I'm saving my stones for heroine too, and sometimes it's hard to not pull at all or stop at 1. I've saved 32 so far so hopefully I can get quite a bit more before it comes.

Bladelaw

I'm rolling NY till Tengu or Kanna and Heroine until Meri. Pray for my wallet.

Bleach skillups are finally done. I'm just collecting stones from coin dungeons and finishing off my normal challenge mode stones today. Not many times where there isn't a whole lot I want to do.

W-00

Your wallet shall be in my thoughts. Of course, I'd be hoping that you'd pull Meri anyways, but now I shall add hope for the NY pulls as well.

Bleach skillups are finally done. I'm just collecting stones from coin dungeons and finishing off my normal challenge mode stones today. Not many times where there isn't a whole lot I want to do.

I got tired of wasting stamina looking for swords that weren't dropping, so I just pii'd my Yamamoto for his last two levels. I'm spending most of today's stamina hunting for Ishida Mitsunari skillups in the green dragon dungeon. Though I suppose I should take the time to get my alt another Dios while he's up...

Seeing as next week's specials are a tournament I'm sure to do lousy in and a one-shot challenge that's almost certain to clobber me (I've heard Acala can clear Zeusdra, so I'll see if either account has him and give it a shot if so), I'll probably be spending the week like you're spending today. Decent way to get more stones, at least.

b33r

I'm pretty sure I won't get Meri, I seem to have bad luck in NA when I have the cards I want in JP. That's why I threw all my stones at bleach, Yamamoto, my fire box is strong and he's basically a red Meri. I won't complain not getting him since I got Ichigo and Aizen, but man did I want him.

I finished off all my normal challenges awhile back and have techs up to the legendarys, I wish I had more to do for stones.

Bladelaw

I'm pretty sure I won't get Meri, I seem to have bad luck in NA when I have the cards I want in JP. That's why I threw all my stones at bleach, Yamamoto, my fire box is strong and he's basically a red Meri. I won't complain not getting him since I got Ichigo and Aizen, but man did I want him.

I finished off all my normal challenges awhile back and have techs up to the legendarys, I wish I had more to do for stones.

I have 4 max skilled toshiros I kind of have to get meri lol

Top Bottom