• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite product designs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hertog

sony-psp-go-console-black.jpg

even if it was a bomba, hell of a design

sega_dreamcast.jpg

best console design, loved how small it was.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Oh I love this! A user on here has the brush, razor and stand kit in chrome. I doubt he would want me quoting the picture though.

How much does the full set cost?

I only bought the razor (satin finish), cost me 75&#8364;, but it can be had much cheaper online.
I think Chittagong won't mind his picture being posted on gaf, no?

idwl

ipodmini_fam_f.10812.jpg

I fell in love with these when I was a kid. Especially that green one.
motorola-razr2-v9.jpg

I don't know why the RAZR2 wasn't as successful as the original. I felt it had a very elegant and simplistic design. Plus its keys were very big which was perfect for my big thumbs.
wii-black-main.jpg

Sexiest console ever , if only nintendo gave us the option to keep the light on.

Ikael

Solan de Cabras mineral water. The master race of down to earth yet elegant design:

las_botellas_elle_a_subasta_articuloRetrato.jpg

solan-de-cabras.jpg

And its small sized bottle looks like the quinquaessential mana bottle, to boot XD

a00912-3jpg.jpg

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Gonna break up all this minimalism with a bit of glorious chaos.

Ralph Steadman's labels for Flying Dog Brewery:

iWkQi.jpg

WIyWV.jpg

PR2XZ.jpg

ZH0KA.jpg

<3

Milchjon

Great choice. Never have I had such an obvious "that is beautiful!!!!" reaction to phone.

But isn't the N9 still a little nicer? I think on the N9 there are less physical buttons and filler. The bar with 3 windows buttons isn't there for example.

LD1Z7.jpg

MzA8R.jpg

The N9 looks awesome, too, and yes, the missing buttons are nice. But I've tried both, and I prefer WP7. Love it so much, in fact, that I consider not upgrading to WP8 if it looks anything like Windows 8.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
wii-black-main.jpg

Sexiest console ever , if only nintendo gave us the option to keep the light on.

You can, with homebrew. I think. I'll have to try it out soon now that I have HBC installed.

But yeah, I was so bummed when I found out you couldn't at the Wii's launch. Wasn't bad enough white was the only color, they deprived us of that awesome slot light. :(

BdoUK

I love Rega's RP3 for it's simple yet elegant design. I own a RP1 and love it, but someday hope to upgrade to one of these beauties:

image.php

noah111

Still Alive
The car pics in here reminded me about Aptera. This thing was beautiful;

3491238305_b68d5ee772_z.jpg

4569914109_b136ff2b34_b.jpg

3492055936_c026172a53_z.jpg

aptera-2e-02-13-09.jpg

3492053624_bdbdd5a2c8_z.jpg

25538681.jpeg

So. Slick. What the hell happened to this car? I remember it was supposed to release in late 09, then 2010... still waiting. It was supposed to be priced at 25-40k only depending on model.

/XX/

Mercian Cycles, for that incredibly well done spray work with many colorful combinations on beautiful classic paint designs, like the barber pole one they are famous for. As examples:

MERCIAN | Flickr - Photo Sharing! said:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris531/6345225314/in/pool-435952@N20/

MERCIAN | Flickr - Photo Sharing! said:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris531/6344291637/in/pool-435952@N20/

This latest one, the Mercian Paul Smith Track, and its 'Road' version are also featured on the BIKES OF DISTINCTION section of the Brooks England Ltd. official website (here http://www.brooksengland.com/curios...f-distinction/fgss-road-mtb/100303_100055_29/ and here http://www.brooksengland.com/curios...f-distinction/fgss-road-mtb/090930_002607_57/), together with other spectacular bicycles of many different makers (http://www.brooksengland.com/curiosities-and-friends/bikes-of-distinction/).

Wiktor

I must admit I love the designs of new Kindles. Simple, elegant and most of all, the device dissapears while reading.

news_kindlekindle.jpg

Lunchbox

Banned
I got this watch for my birthday this year and I don't like watches normally, but I fucking love this watch. It is perfect.
well, youre fucked

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,758913,00.html

The watch can be found the world over and costs only a few euros. According to secret documents obtained by SPIEGEL through the WikiLeaks whistleblower platform, US interrogators at Guantanamo Bay identified potential terrorists by the watch they wore on their wrist.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
PROJECT.DEBUT.TURNTABLE.ALT.2.jpg
BELL.ALARM.CLOCK.MAIN_1_large.jpg

New_Logo_Sticker_Pack_1024_large.jpg
Gilmore_Stickers_Group_large.jpg
Emulsion_Logo_Sticker_Set_large.jpg
MICHAEL.CINA.STICKER.SET_large.jpg

Ghostly has a great roster of graphic designers that pump out really cool stuff. They really follow the KISS mantra: Keep it simple, stupid.

Motorola Motofone F3

nGOQ5.jpg

Basic phone with e-ink display made for developing countries. Really wanted one when I last bought a phone but they started jacking up the price and became hard to find.

My mother buyed some years ago two of these things, one red and the other dark blue: the problem with them is that are borderline unusable: if you want change almost any options you MUST insert some random combo of buttons, and reading/writing messages is a nightmare due the pocket-calculator size display. On top on that, the one my mother using has the habit to reset itself on factory defaults, so EVERY time she wants use the menu there is this irritating voiceover on all the options!

NekoFever

That is, and always has been, an ugly console. Imho.
I'm with you here. It's hideous and looks like an AC unit from the 70s. Always hated it.

Anyway, this is still the best-looking Apple portable IMO:

uKB81.jpg

And +1 on the GB Micro. A thing of beauty. And the Japanese/European SNES.

C_H_T

Fashion:

Besides the Converse All-Star, the Vans Canvas Authentic are also great-looking.

erez

Electronics:

Sony NX810
nx810_gallery03.jpg

This year's model HX850
sonyhx850-2.jpg

Nintendo DSi
3881032395_3e530e43ed.jpg

PlayStation 3 (2006 model)
ps3_ceramic_white_dualshock_3.jpg

All Apple Products

Macbook Air, iMac
mac-os-x-mountain-lion-imac-macbook-air1-617x359.jpg

iPhone 4, iPad 2
ipad-2-iphone-4.jpg

Beats by d.r. dre Headphone
beats-by-dr-dre-headphone.jpg

Harman Kardon Soundsticks
harman_kardon_soundsticks_iii.jpg

mik83kuu

Banned
thunderboltdispalypfprint.jpg

Apple Thunderbolt Display

macmini2011_2_620x350.jpg

Apple Mac Mini

iphone4_2up_front_side-420-90.jpg

Apple iPhone 4

hero_3_20091020.jpg

Apple Keyboard

fiskars_scissors.jpg

Fiskars Scissors

koss-porta-pro-red-02-500x500.jpg

Koss PortaPro

Thought I'd only link to stuff I actually own.

Wiktor

Also...iMac G4:

graphics_iMac.jpg

That was the last Mac design that I really loved. And it looked even better in person than on stock photos. When sitting in front of it the impression was that the screen was floating the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom