• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

OraleeWey

Anyone here installed heated grips? How hard is it? I want new grips and might as well try heated.
Shouldn't be too hard. The hardest part is probably trying to figure out a way to route the cables. It would help if you removed some plastics, possibly the tank as well for a clean look.

Congrats!

Luxury. Heated gloves are a bit better but are so much of a faff I never really wear mine. Highly recommend the grips if you plan to be riding in the cold for more than 20 minutes at a time. I had some Oxford aftermarket grips on my ST1100 which were alright, and the R1150R has factory BMW ones which are lovely.

If you do install aftermarket, make sure you use a relay or buy ones that shut off when the engine isn't running, or you'll end up accidentally leaving them on when you get off the bike and draining the battery.
Thanks!

I think the Oxford heated grips come with all the bells and whistles, plug and play.

Ocho

I ordered the Oxfords, I'll check later if I'm able to install them myself lol.

Btw, do you guys use the chin cover in the helmet? I guess it's meant for cold weather? Felt a cool breeze today now that the weather is getting a little bit colder.

Wolfe

I was actually going to post this Saturday night after I got home but obviously found the forum down when I finally checked so here goes:

Over the weekend I was heading home up the freeway after dark and dudes in the lane next to me had the hood latch fail on them while they were right next to me, crazy shit. I jumped behind them to keep the traffic behind us back and help guide him to the shoulder then I helped pound the hood back into shape (moto gloves are usefull for stuff other than crashing, crazy I know) and then after a few thanks I took off as there wasn't anything else I could help with at the time. Makes me wish I had some duct tape in my backpack to help secure the hood at least lol.

Big props to the dude driving for holding tight in his lane without any erratic movements after that, gave me a few seconds to look at the situation and decide what action I wanted to take.

Dougald

What a shitshow GAF has become, kind of a shame as this was about the one thread where we could reliably escape from politics/drama

Anyone who isn't banned who didn't get an invite to the Discord who wants in, give me a PM. Anyone who is banned (OraleeWey, Flo, probably others)... fuck, I don't know.

Gritesh

What a shitshow GAF has become, kind of a shame as this was about the one thread where we could reliably escape from politics/drama

Anyone who isn't banned who didn't get an invite to the Discord who wants in, give me a PM. Anyone who is banned (OraleeWey, Flo, probably others)... fuck, I don't know.

Not sure if your moving over but I set something up at the new location for us to continue on...hope to see you there.

ThisGuy

What do you guys wear in the winter? I want to get out on my bike but the cold has me hesitating. I don't even run in the winter. So I have a hard time mentally picturing myself riding.

Top Bottom