• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

I think it's 30 Hearts and 10k coins at least on 3DS the jewel reward is something separate for those who have spent money on the game.

Today I got 10k today so I guess I get 30 hearts tomorrow with the scheduled 20 hearts. I Must be off a day because I skipped one or two check ins because of Snorlax.

This thread moves slow enough I don't think it is a problem. But I think most in here are 3DS users you might have better success with Reddit's thread

It can't be. I've not spent a penny in over 300 hours of play.

JoeM86

I think it's 30 Hearts and 10k coins at least on 3DS the jewel reward is something separate for those who have spent money on the game.

Today I got 10k today so I guess I get 30 hearts tomorrow with the scheduled 20 hearts. I Must be off a day because I skipped one or two check ins because of Snorlax.

Ah eyah. My mind thought 10 Jewels because I got 10 Jewels this morning for logging in. Pretty sure it's a gift from my last purchase of Jewels but that was months ago so I doubt that

Machine

Did you get 10,000 coins or 30 hearts yet? Those are the extra gifts I've been given on 3DS so far, one each the last two days. Maybe I'll get 10 jewels tomorrow, maybe I won't.

Yes, I got those over the weekend. The 10K was helpful since it funded a couple great balls for Samurott. I now have all 752 pokemon!

Ah eyah. My mind thought 10 Jewels because I got 10 Jewels this morning for logging in. Pretty sure it's a gift from my last purchase of Jewels but that was months ago so I doubt that

The "apology" notices on 3DS say there's gonna be some delayed bonus jewels from months ago, so maybe it's that

The "apology" notices on 3DS say there's gonna be some delayed bonus jewels from months ago, so maybe it's that

That's odd there's not an apology explaining the recent gifts, they are usually good about that, you wouldn't think a message would be that complex to add to the Snorlax patch update.

I do have messages about 10k coins and 30 hearts, but they say "to commemorate this major update..." and I thought they were from ages ago.

There are so many notices every time I check in I've totally lost track of what's new or not.

Top of the leaderboard, oh yeah.

WVW69kPO17ENzBg7pK

No new Pokémon to catch this week, no free 20 hearts either, I guess Reddit messed up on those daily rewards continuing for another week.

JoeM86

Got another 10 Jewels today. That puts me at 105.

I'm never going to spend this many, but it'll help with coverage haha

The apology message says the caps at 150 for jewels so why is everything else 99? No sense.

Is anyone else try and get Ash-Greninja to SL5 Unity Power? It's hearts entry fee so it shouldn't be a problem to reach 100. Even though it will be a situational support considering how deep Water Types are but damn is it going to be a monster on timed stages even non-SE stages. A slightly weaker but more consistent Super Bolt against Fire, Ground and Rock.

The apology message says the caps at 150 for jewels so why is everything else 99? No sense.

Is anyone else try and get Ash-Greninja to SL5 Unity Power? It's hearts entry fee so it shouldn't be a problem to reach 100. Even though it will be a situational support considering how deep Water Types are but damn is it going to be a monster on timed stages even non-SE stages. A slightly weaker but more consistent Super Bolt against Fire, Ground and Rock.
I'm focusing all my shuffle plays on that. I want to get it to SL5 before the competition ends.

I'm farming it too but the low drop rate and difficult stage is discouraging me. Plus the activation rate of Unity Power isn't that good.

I've been lining up Super Bolts but even that's not a guaranteed win.

I'm farming it too but the low drop rate and difficult stage is discouraging me. Plus the activation rate of Unity Power isn't that good.

I've been lining up Super Bolts but even that's not a guaranteed win.

I'm using the same strategy match 5 Super Bolt, Risk Taker, Sleep Charm and whatever tapper sometimes I have 15+ seconds left some times I lose. This is where the lack of decent Electric and Grass Megas really hurt.

I basically just go with different colored Pokémon and spam him with combos. Don't have angry Pikachu, so I have to rely on 5-matching Emolga whenever I mess up a combo.

pHand

This EB has been a fun exercise in building and using a Poison Pact team. M-Bee is pretty terrible at combos (or, rather, I'm terrible at using M-Bee for combos), but if Poison Pact triggers, hot damn! Dunno how far I'll be able to get, though. Once again the non-boss stages have ludicrous amounts of HP.

Ryukori

So I finally beat Stage 500 today. From the looks of it so far, Stages 501 and beyond look like they all require a Moves +5. I guess I'm going back to farming coins from Meowth.

pHand

Unity Power is legit. I fed Ash-Greninja 4 SBM cookies to get it to SL4 and ended up in Tier 1 with 93k for the competition. The rest of my team was M-Garchomp, Landorus-I, and Krookodile (for SL3 Risk-Taker). It was heavily luck reliant, though, as I managed to get multiple procs of Unity Power and Risk-Taker, even on 3-matches. I'll probably end up down a tier or two when all is said and done, but Unity Power did insane damage (almost 5k) at only SL4.

I've grinded my Ash-Gre to SL4 but there's no way I'll get it to SL5 in time for the comp. Glad it's here for more than a week.

That stage is getting frustrating.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn it, scored almost 70k, but now my rank is almost below 800. Ah well, least I'll get 4 RMLs. Would've been nice to have gotten 6, but 4 will still be good.

Grinded Ashninja to SL3. Won't get to SL4 by the end of the competition. Even beating the stage is luck-dependent; if Super Bolt doesn't proc 2-3 times I'll fail.

Tried some different combinations for the competition and Garchomp was the best for me. I'm not good with Tyranitar and Rayquaza is useless when all the blocks show up. Even then, my score was heavily based on getting Unity Power to proc. Got to T2 but I'll likely drop to T3.

Machine

My current place in the competition is 326. I wonder how far it will drop by the time it ends. Hopefully I'm still at least T3 at the end.

CassSept

Knowing I only need Vivillon I used T-tar, Lugia, Reshiram (just in case, really) and beat it in 2 moves, gave me 37% catch rate. Doable in one turn.

There's still competition tomorrow, but with 95k coins, 97 hearts and everything cleared I'm all ready for Alola next week.

Vivillon after 6 hearts. Had to use two great balls. Not too bad.

Quiet week. Got about 25 stages to S Rank. Hopefully get there before next week. Doubt it though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
13 hearts (& 1 great ball) & was able to get Vivillon.

Honestly, at this point, with the 4 RMLs I got, I have nothing else to do but go find a stage to just EXP grind, especially since I'll probably be content with Diancie soon, being at stage 90, & have over 46k coins with 3 jewels waiting to be used on weekend meowth & victini.

Machine

No luck on the new Vivillion yet but at least Clefairy is a good coin stage this time. I've managed to get 1000 coins two out of the three times I've seen it.

Ondore

6 hearts and a Poke Ball needed for Vivillion on the main file. Didn't have to dip into the coin or heart stashes so this week is doing teh urn on Hoopa-U and then getting ready for Alola.

Stage On

Great I've gotten Angry Pikachu twice today which I don't need. Meanwhile no Vivillion. Super jelly that you guys got it so fast

This is a weird competition. C-1 is available, in a non-item run Vivillon disrupted but barely so not sure if it's worth it because it disrupted with Scizor and Heracross just as much. The grid starts with one single Vivillon in it and there's a chance that the C-1 just deletes that or a version of Hoopa that's there too - there's no junk Pokémon in the skyfall unless I really wasn't paying enough attention.

Might leave it for a while and see what team the top players have used because it's hard to call and expensive to fuck up.

It has Xerneas as skyfall.

Weird competition. Somehow, I think it would be best to just bring the strongest super effectives and destroy everything else with either Lucario or Tyranitar. Not a lot of space for big combos there.

Ondore

This is a weird competition. C-1 is available, in a non-item run Vivillon disrupted but barely so not sure if it's worth it because it disrupted with Scizor and Heracross just as much. The grid starts with one single Vivillon in it and there's a chance that the C-1 just deletes that or a version of Hoopa that's there too - there's no junk Pokémon in the skyfall unless I really wasn't paying enough attention.

Might leave it for a while and see what team the top players have used because it's hard to call and expensive to fuck up.

The C-1 gets rid of the Hoopa.

From the sound of it, this comp is a load of bollocks that almost forces the entire team including a rare Safari Pokemon (and screws over anyone who SSed and PSB grinded Xerneas).

pHand

Great I've gotten Angry Pikachu twice today which I don't need. Meanwhile no Vivillion. Super jelly that you guys got it so fast

I used the 30 Hearts gift and finally found Vivillion... only for it to jump out of 4 59% Great Balls. 14,000 coins down the drain for nothing. Luckily I managed to meet it again today and caught it at 31%.

The C-1 gets rid of the Hoopa.

From the sound of it, this comp is a load of bollocks that almost forces the entire team including a rare Safari Pokemon (and screws over anyone who SSed and PSB grinded Xerneas).

To recap the bullshittery:

- Vivillion is a disruption, but there's only a 3% chance at finding it in the Safari.
- Xerneas is a disruption as well as in the skyfall, but it's better to keep it as Quirky+ instead of Power of 4.
- Heracross and Scizor are random disruptions (worse, they're disrupted under Barriers).
- There are Blocks and Barriers as disruptions.
- No Mega Start available, so you would have to use MSUs on the useless Bug megas.
- For best results, you'd potentially have to use a SS on Heracross and feed it 8 MSUs, not to mention the RML investments.
- Hoopa-U is the 5th support, so you'd have to use C-1 to get rid of it.

Why didn't they just make it a timed, fast-match stage while they were at it?

From what I saw on Reddit, Heracross is now viable for Survival Mode. And I can confirm the Aggron/Tyranitar/Shiny Rayquaza strategy is OK, but not very impressive.

So I SS and fed 8 candies to Heracross, hope it works out. Will also test it if it's truly good for SM.

From what I saw on Reddit, Heracross is now viable for Survival Mode. And I can confirm the Aggron/Tyranitar/Shiny Rayquaza strategy is OK, but not very impressive.

So I SS and fed 8 candies to Heracross, hope it works out. Will also test it if it's truly good for SM.
With it not being a type dependent Mega ability it could be worth investing. I SS it on day one because it's one of my favorites, I like Bug types in general.

I was actually trying to figure out how many Speedups to feed Heracross. Because with MB+ a match 4 is a guaranteed 10 icons, you should only need 6 MSU

As for Survivor Mode, I could see it having difficultly on some disruption heavy stages where you can't get enough icons on the board to clear the disruptions. Where as MBee all you need is one match 3 on the board at any time. Having that extra SE against Mewtwo would be nice but it also has the most NVE matches out of any type. It's coverage is pretty redundant outside of Grass which MBee covers both Grass and Fairy

EDIT: Finally done with that damn frog. I can't even think of the last mon I took to SL5 this way, maybe Shaymin? No wonder I don't have more SL5 abilities.

Has anyone gotten past 191-199 itemless? I can't even figure out what team could get through even with a +5 moves

And I still haven't found that butterfly in the Safari, I might just say fuck it all and wait for Tuesday's Alolan Update.

Stage On

Has anyone gotten past 191-199 itemless? I can't even figure out what team could get through even with a +5 moves

And I still haven't found that butterfly in the Safari, I might just say fuck it all and wait for Tuesday's Alolan Update.

Yeah I couldn't manage it without items myself. I heard some people had some success with useing Mega Steelix but considering they needed to have mega candied him in order to pull it off really makes it seem not worth it in the long run.

Had a go at the comp in the end, hemming and hawing over it all week but decided that it'd be way easier to resupply with coins than MSU/RMLs.

I think basically every single player is using the same team, which doesn't happen often, so it's pretty much down to your skill levels, raised levels and pure luck. Quite amazing the difference those things make between top scores and mine!

Machine

Had a go at the comp in the end, hemming and hawing over it all week but decided that it'd be way easier to resupply with coins than MSU/RMLs.

I think basically every single player is using the same team, which doesn't happen often, so it's pretty much down to your skill levels, raised levels and pure luck. Quite amazing the difference those things make between top scores and mine!

If you haven't used an SS on your M-Heracross, you aren't going to get a very high score since there's no MS available. You pretty much have to have it evolve as quickly as possible. I had to waste coins and a couple jewels completing my last unfinished mission card in order to get one. Once I used the SS, my score went up significantly.

I scored about 65k on one run, no SS on Heracross, Quirky+ at SL1, non-max levels. With the cost of each run, the future viability of the team members, and the heavy reliance on luck, I didn't find it worth a second run.

If they're sensible, they won't require you to have beaten 550 main stages before you get a crack at the new Pokémon. I'd bet on an Alolan safari, not a set of main stages.

Top Bottom