• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG | News and Updates 2017 - Back to the basics

MrFortyFive

Tropico 4 and its DLC are now available and 75% off when bought together for the next 5 days. The game is supposed to be 60% off without the DLC, but it seems to still let you buy the game alone for the 75% off, for now at least.

Any news on more Star Trek games on GoG? I realize that four have been released just a couple of months ago, but I'm eagerly awaiting Armada (2) and maybe even Bridge Commander (maybe that's just impossible considering the license issue back than).

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I mean, it's cool that Warhammer's made it over to GOG, but I really don't care about the franchise outside of Dawn of War.

Which we won't get till Sega's finally on-board. And who knows when that'll be?

MrFortyFive

New releases since Warhammer (busy week for GOG):

Worms World Party Remastered (Windows)
Niko: Through the Dream (Windows)
Interstellaria (Windows, Mac, Linux)
TIS-100 (Windows, Mac, Linux)
Breach and Clear (Windows, Mac, Linux) Currently 70% off
Breach and Clear: Deadline (Windows, Mac, Linux) Currently 30% off or 40% if you own or buy it with Breach and Clear
Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet (Windows, Linux)
Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice (Windows, Mac, Linux)
Metro 2033 Redux (Windows) Currently 50% off or 60% if you own or buy it with Last Light

draetenth

The Galaxy client has been so frustrating recently. I have trouble getting it to start. I click on the icon and it just doesn't load (right away). I see the process running in task manager, but the client never shows up for me until after about 10 minutes of waiting...

MrFortyFive

Along with Feist they also released the Cities in Motion Collection at 75% off. It includes the case game and all the DLC. Or, if you're so inclined, you can buy the base game and the DLC pack separately. It's all 75% off, but buying the collection package saves you a couple bucks. Windows and Mac for now, but it seems that there's a Linux version that Steam offers, so chances are GOG will get it sooner or later.

New game: Feist
http://www.gog.com/news/release_feist
Even has Galaxy Achievements! Is this the first non-CDPR game to have them on Galaxy?

I think the new Telltale games do too (Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, etc.)

Danny Dudekisser

Along with Feist they also released the Cities in Motion Collection at 75% off. It includes the case game and all the DLC. Or, if you're so inclined, you can buy the base game and the DLC pack separately. It's all 75% off, but buying the collection package saves you a couple bucks. Windows and Mac for now, but it seems that there's a Linux version that Steam offers, so chances are GOG will get it sooner or later.

I think the new Telltale games do too (Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, etc.)

Walking Dead Season 1 definitely does.

Worms: World Party Remastered also has achievements.

vocab

Whats the correct mods to use for Gothic 1? Also, anything that imrpoves teh size of the font?

I was using modkit + system pack, but I'm getting random stuttering even though its locked at 60fps.

Danny Dudekisser

Meaning, Ubisoft is FINALLY putting new stuff on GOG.

If it means stuff like Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory or Rainbow Six Vegas down the road, I am stoked.

vocab

As soon as I saw Albion

giphy.gif

Sakwoff

I've never played (or heard of for that matter) Albion. What's so good about it?

Albion is a classic CRPG with a setting that is largely untapped in video games. (Sci-Fi + Jungle World, think Cameron's Avatar long before there was Avatar. Also less stupid.) It's by the folks who made Amberstar and Ambermoon for the Amiga.

It's a really good game, and, as said, pretty unique.

Anno and Archimedean Dynasty (also known as Schleichfahrt) are also fantastic. The latter is often seen as the spiritual predecessor to the Aquanox games, but I think it's actually a much better game. And the first Anno is just a classic, and it's still very playable today. I would say it's actually easier to get into than the later games. It's got a certain "elegance in simplicity" thing going that the later games kind of lost.

Nikodemos

EDIT: NVM it updated lol.
How do I make games auto update via the client though?
There's an option when you click on 'Configure' from the drop down menu (small square button). You can switch it on or off for each individual game.

Persona7

Banned
Aquaria is out today 50% off for the first week. $4.99

I feel like this was confirmed ages ago for a gog release? Either way, it's great.

Tizoc

Thanks for the info mate.

So how're these 2 Anno games? Ubi games with no uplay are quite enticing to me :p

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
GOG put up Revenant today.

An interesting game, basically Diablo with a combo system more akin to a character action game. It unfortunately got released way before it was ready as part of the Ion Storm implosion, so it's not easy to recommend. But if you're an ARPG fan, it's an interesting little curiosity.

Persona7

Banned
GOG put up Revenant today.

An interesting game, basically Diablo with a combo system more akin to a character action game. It unfortunately got released way before it was ready as part of the Ion Storm implosion, so it's not easy to recommend. But if you're an ARPG fan, it's an interesting little curiosity.

Interesting. I never heard of this before but I want to try it.

Danny Dudekisser

GOG's teasing that they've got some big, older titles coming out tomorrow.

I wanna believe, but their additions as of late have been really, really weak. So, cautiously optimistic.

Sinatar

I wanna believe, but their additions as of late have been really, really weak. So, cautiously optimistic.

Star Trek, Warhammer, Albion,The Anno's, Archimedean Dynasty, Dragon Wars, Prehistoryk, and of course the bloody Star Wars games have all come out this year.

This might be the strongest GOG has been since it got the infinity engine games, it's not weak in the slightest.

Sinatar

So I just did some digging on GOG's site to see if I could figure out what tomorrows announcement might be. My investigation proved fruitful. There are several new publishers listed under the games catalog who all have no games currently listed on the site:

Notably:

- Westwood Associates is different then the Westwood Studios entry they previously had (Which is what Lands of Lore, Kyrandia and Nox are under). Eye of the Beholder perhaps?
- A new entry for SSI seperate from the one used for the gog published "X General" games. Further creedence to Eye of the Beholder. Also possibly gold box games.
- Bethesda could mean classic Elder Scrolls titles, plus some other assorted classics like the old Terminator shooters, Magic & Mayhem, Sea Dogs, etc...
- Microsoft of course has tons of classic PC games
- Not sure what Konami and Namco Bandai could be bringing, perhaps their newer stuff.

Sinatar

I know Silent Hill 2 had a PC port, I didn't think 3 and 4 did.

Dark Souls is steamworks now, it won't be on GOG.

Backlogger

So I just did some digging on GOG's site to see if I could figure out what tomorrows announcement might be. My investigation proved fruitful. There are several new publishers listed under the games catalog who all have no games currently listed on the site:

Notably:

- Westwood Associates is different then the Westwood Studios entry they previously had (Which is what Lands of Lore, Kyrandia and Nox are under). Eye of the Beholder perhaps?
- A new entry for SSI seperate from the one used for the gog published "X General" games. Further creedence to Eye of the Beholder. Also possibly gold box games.
- Bethesda could mean classic Elder Scrolls titles, plus some other assorted classics like the old Terminator shooters, Magic & Mayhem, Sea Dogs, etc...
- Microsoft of course has tons of classic PC games
- Not sure what Konami and Namco Bandai could be bringing, perhaps their newer stuff.

Megaton

Danny Dudekisser

I know Silent Hill 2 had a PC port, I didn't think 3 and 4 did.

Dark Souls is steamworks now, it won't be on GOG.

3 and 4 did have PC ports. They were decent, but had some issues. Doubt 3 would get re-released intact, though, as there was some contractual issue with the voice actor for the main character. If Konami brought something like Metal Gear Rising, I would probably pass out from excitement.

If Dark Souls came over, I would also freak out It's not unprecedented for a Steamworks game to hit GOG -- FEAR 2 is an example.

Edit: thinking about it, though, Neither Bandai-Namco nor Konami seem to have anything published under their name that's old. It almost has to be their more recent heavy hitters, if there is something on the way.

Sinatar

Awesome. So many great possibilities. Deserves a thread of it's own - but I'm lazy

I thought about making a thread, but it's really all conjecture on my part.

There *is* something big being announced tomorrow though, that will be thread worthy.

Dsyndrome

My thoughts:

- I could see Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth coming from Bethesda, fits with old game now owned by Bethesda.
- For Microsoft, I would say the Myth games by Bungie, but I know they don't own Bungie anymore, not sure about who owns the Myth games.
- For SSI, my hope is Veil of Darkness, an old isometric vampire adventure/RPG; most likely General games though.
- Konami: Shadow of Destiny, old licensed TMNT/Simpsons games? (probably not on the latter)
- Namco-Bandai: my only guess is Pacman.

I just noticed that John Romero is apparently a company.

(Disappointingly, only Dangerous Dave comes up if you select him, not Daikatana.)

Top Bottom