• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vita version get, and everything went smoothly with PayPal.

Now, let's hope the hold shipping service works too! Because I'm gonna need to save a few games together for it to actually be financially viable for me :p

Got the PS4 + Vita + vinyl bundle. Wouldve preferred to buy 2 vita copies and a vinyl but wasnt gonna risk 3 pages lol. Thanks LRG. Risk of Rain is one of my favourites.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
LRG, you should really clean up the way games for sale are displayed.
If I click on Games now I see this:

D7KZOd5.png

Maybe add an "Upcoming Games" for all the titles shown that aren't going to be available this week. Or add some kind of Dates somewhere.

I love Risk of Rain, easily one of my favourites of the last few years and definitely my favourite Rougue-like.

The game on was great on PC and with the Vita release it is now what I play on my flights.

Galdius

Got a Vita copy.
But since the Mutant Mudds release I'm thinking of stop buying every single Vita release. My only doubt about it would be how hard would it get to finish the console's full set in the future.

Semoreh

Managed to grab it despite an agonizing, horrendous connections. It was my most stressful purchase to date ^^
Glad it worked out o/

Shizuka

Got a Vita copy.
But since the Mutant Mudds release I'm thinking of stop buying every single Vita release. My only doubt about it would be how hard would it get to finish the console's full set in the future.

I'll never have a full set, but at least I can claim I have LRG's full set for the Vita for now. How many Vita titles have been released so far by Limited Run Games?

Ventara

I'll never have a full set, but at least I can claim I have LRG's full set for the Vita for now. How many Vita titles have been released so far by Limited Run Games?

Risk of Rain is Vita release #25. I think there's a total of 3 alternative covers, though (2 for Oddworld and 1 for Runner 2).

Holy crap, I almost forgot to buy it. Set my alarm, sat down with some coffee and my chromebook, but spaced out and forgot to set an alert.

Only remembered just now, 25 minutes after they went live, when I got up to make another cup of coffee. Luckily everything was still in stock, and I grabbed a Vita copy no problems.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/868109844137598976

Some big, big changes coming to Limited Run soon. We realize with all the new competitors we need to step it up and stay at the top!

I can't help but wonder if the timing of this relates to the fact that RoR is ~ 30% left after half an hour (not that that's a bad result at all), just something that LRG are less used to.

And I can't help but worry. I'm sure it'll all be great, but generally I like how LRG have been running things. Although I suppose it's in my interests that they continue to innovate so they stay in business!

Shizuka

I can't help but wonder if the timing of this relates to the fact that RoR is ~ 30% left after half an hour (not that that's a bad result at all), just something that LRG are less used to.

And I can't help but worry. I'm sure it'll all be great, but generally I like how LRG have been running things. Although I suppose it's in my interests that they continue to innovate so they stay in business!

I don't think it's related, they've mentioned these changes for quite some time. Also, it's about time they become a full-fledged publisher and sign some titles under their brand. Take the success of limited releases and take it to the next level.

JDH

LRG, you should really clean up the way games for sale are displayed.
If I click on Games now I see this:

Maybe add an "Upcoming Games" for all the titles shown that aren't going to be available this week. Or add some kind of Dates somewhere.

Agreed 100% Even with this thread, twitter and the website, I end up having to click on each game to see if a release date is there. It gets very confusing.

Could have a "Next Run [date]" and then a "Upcoming Run" as allow suggested.

Galdius

I'm almost at 200 Vita games but I have really slowed down since last year.
I'm getting the LRG games just in case I decide to really go for the full set in the future.

After an hour both versions are around 25%. I kinda like this speed for not worrying about getting it.

I need to check my collection again, it must be getting pretty close to yours.

I'm at 123 physical, growing all the time though. I'm definitely not a full set collector though because there's some games I've bought that I traded in because I hated (Invizimals) or stuff I'll just never be interested in (FIFA).

JDH

I'm getting the LRG games just in case I decide to really go for the full set in the future.

Yikes! Just checked again and I have 85 Physical. I have a long way to go!

A bit OT but... So i'm not really so much into a lot of the Japanese Visual Novels or Dungeon Crawler games, and not looking for ports of existing games (that are available on PS3/PS4 etc.)

Any of you supreme Vita collectors have any recommendations for Vita exclusives (available physically of course)?

Ventara

I need to check my collection again, it must be getting pretty close to yours.

After an hour both versions are around 25%. I kinda like this speed for not worrying about getting it.

I'm at 123 physical, growing all the time though. I'm definitely not a full set collector though because there's some games I've bought that I traded in because I hated (Invizimals) or stuff I'll just never be interested in (FIFA).

Yikes! Just checked again and I have 85 Physical. I have a long way to go!

So i'm not really so much into a lot of the Japanese Visual Novels or Dungeon Crawler games, and not looking for ports of existing games (that are available on PS3/PS4 etc.)

Any of you supreme Vita collectors have any recommendations for Vita exclusives (available physically of course)?

You know what would be awesome? If you all posted pics of those sexy collections. People used to do them all the time back with the old Vita threads, but I haven't really seen anyone post theirs recently.

Shizuka

You know what would be awesome? If you all posted pics of those sexy collections. people used to do them all the time back with the old Vita threads, but I haven't really seen anyone post theirs recently.

Last time I did that, I triggered a lot of people's OCD for not keeping my collection in any particular order. I'll take a picture once all the games I've ordered from Play-Asia arrive, same for all the LRG games I've been holding.

I don't think it's related, they've mentioned these changes for quite some time. Also, it's about time they become a full-fledged publisher and sign some titles under their brand. Take the success of limited releases and take it to the next level.

This pretty much.

I think we maybe see less smaller games in the future aswell. It's great that games like Risk of Rain get the same physical treatment, but that's no stuff most people are excited for.

mollipen

You know what would be awesome? If you all posted pics of those sexy collections. People used to do them all the time back with the old Vita threads, but I haven't really seen anyone post theirs recently.

I'm always up for posting Vita collection photos! I'll post an updated one for mine in the Vita thread this weekend.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Seconded, don't let him get away LRG ;)

Flattered, truly!

Sooo, House of Fata Morgana partnership confirmed? The future of the games localization looks brighter everyday.

Localizing a game like Fata Morgana is one thing, there's the odd Kanji or proverb you've never seen before but it's easy enough to look those up. I think I could do it on a fan-localization level if I had the time, but I would never attempt localizing something full of modern internet culture, SNS stuff & memes; that stuff can be really tricky. Textbooks won't help and you have to know the culture to localize it faithfully.

Mmm, Fata was actually a fairly tricky script. That said, I won't be doing it. If the game is picked up for Western release, MangaGamer's already-existing localization will almost certainly be licensed, and the same two-man team responsible for it have already verbally agreed to do the new Vita scenario. (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Totally agreed re: Net High (which I'm assuming you're talking about there!); I absolutely would not feel confident in doing it if I hadn't lived in Japan for nearly a decade.

I know one of the Steins;Gate/Valkyrie Drive translators has expressed interest in Net High as well, and given the PQube/Marvelous relationship it could potentially go in that direction too. I would certainly trust the S;G team with a game about Japanese internet culture and puns.

Totally not a surprise there, Net High is a dream challenge for a localizer.

Also, Risk of Rain Vita get. God, if I somehow fail to acquire Broken Age I will be a deeply sad panda.

Ventara

Last time I did that, I triggered a lot of people's OCD for not keeping my collection in any particular order. I'll take a picture once all the games I've ordered from Play-Asia arrive, same for all the LRG games I've been holding.

I'm always up for posting Vita collection photos! I'll post an updated one for mine in the Vita thread this weekend.

Nice! I'll be looking forward to them. I'll post a pic of mine too this weekend, and I'll have a special picture for those OCD collectors ;D

This pretty much.

I think we maybe see less smaller games in the future aswell. It's great that games like Risk of Rain get the same physical treatment, but that's no stuff most people are excited for.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I'm all for fewer releases and better games. On the other hand, some of my favorites have been smaller releases like xeodrifter, mutant mudds, dragon fantasy, and aqua kitty dx (which suprised me how much I liked it).

I've been fine with how LRG does business lately; I'm not interested in every game, but I also don't have to buy every game. I'd rather they release 5 titles and only one of them be something I really want than not release that game at all.

I like Risk of Rain, so I bought it, but I'm over it with my Vita collecting and if even I'm feeling fatigued, skipping releases so I can enjoy other things in life, I can bet the normies probably are too.

I'm here for Dariusburst CS, Broken Age, Rabi Ribi, Salt & Sanctuary, Ys Origin and Cosmic Star Heroine. Probably Furi and Night Trap if I can swing them.

I want Stealth Inc 2, La Mulana EX, Sine Mora, 10 Second Ninja X and 1001 Spikes.

Cladun Sengoku would be amazing since NISA doesn't want my money.

Real talk, though? Don't expect me to show up for $25 Taco Master, $60 visual novels, games I already bought from Play-Asia years ago, games we all think should be on duo carts for $40 (this isn't the "gee I dunno guys, that sounds like a lot of work. What if it doesn't sell?" early days), or anything I don't want in hopes of proving there's a market for what I actually do want.

I'm just one customer, and plenty of people have other interests + more money, but I'm vocalizing my own interest level and intent... if they're making changes, I don't want to get left out or mislead them.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I'm all for fewer releases and better games. On the other hand, some of my favorites have been smaller releases like xeodrifter, mutant mudds, dragon fantasy, and aqua kitty dx (which suprised me how much I liked it).

I've been fine with how LRG does business lately; I'm not interested in every game, but I also don't have to buy every game. I'd rather they release 5 titles and only one of them be something I really want than not release that game at all.

Or surprise releases that I didn't know I would love so much, like Mystery Chronicles: One Way Heroics. That was one of my GOTY's 2016, and I would have bought it for PS4, if I'd known (or if I had more money to burn). I ended up getting the PS4 release second hand.

CLANNAD PLS

But yea I remember considering buying everything physical for vita at one time. Just sticking to games I like now. All the LRG stuff I bought is stuff I own digitally and like.

One theory: I wonder if the Dariusburst release slowed down subsequent sales.

The regular game was $60 and the LE was, what, $90 or $99? (I bought the "vanilla" release - that's why I don't remember how much the LE was.) That's more than LRG usually charges, so people who put their money into that might have had to sit out a couple of the games that came after (not counting the "collect them all" types, obviously).

LRG games are still selling out regardless, even if it's at a slightly slower pace, so it's certainly not a major issue either way.

Semoreh

This pretty much.

Risk of Rain is a BIG indie game. It's definitely out of Curses n' Chaos, Xeodrifter, etc...'s league. And it definitely got me excited ;)

Steam owners / Score
(A few examples I grabbed from Steamspy)

Risk of Rain: 1.4M / 94%
Thomas Was Alone : 840k / 94%
Firewatch : 650k / 87%
Octodad : 620k / 92%
Lone Survivor : 590k / 90%
Oxenfree : 275k / 93%
Shadow Complex Remastered : 170k / 85%
Mutant Mudds : 100k / 80%
Furi : 71k / 93%
Curses n' Chaos : 46k / 60%
Futuridium : 4k / ??%

These figures must be taken with a grain of salt but it's still pretty impressive.

You're not alone, Ninja. Mutant Mudds was a tremendous test of my patience. They should have been on one cartridge.

It was also coming right on the heels of Ray Gigant at $40. I didn't even really want that game, even when it was around $5 on PSN, and money was so tight at the end of that month that I had to pass on Flinthook... which was only $25 and I actually wanted to play that one, but I let it go because hardcore Vita collecting > PS4 pseudo-collecting. Had to re-evaluate my priorities.

It's not really just LRG getting to be too much by itself, though. Too many Vita games every month for years, from multiple retailers (even more now), lots of speculation buys, pricey imports and whatnot to keep up on.

Risk of Rain is a BIG indie game. It's definitely out of Curses n' Chaos, Xeodrifter, etc...'s league. And it definitely got me excited ;)

I tried really hard to justify a Risk of Rain purchase, but in the end I just don't think the genre is for me. I bought Flinthook and quickly got bored; I've had a hard time staying interested in roguelikes since the PS1 days with stuff like Azure Dreams.

Still, it's nice to see it get a release for the fans that do want it.

PlayAsia/EastAsiaSoft collection packaging been on point tho ...$35 for game & CD and nice little box, can't blame LRG feeling the heat a bit from competition

Steam owners / Score
(A few examples I grabbed from Steamspy)

Risk of Rain: 1.4M / 94%
Thomas Was Alone : 840k / 94%
Firewatch : 650k / 87%
Octodad : 620k / 92%
Lone Survivor : 590k / 90%
Oxenfree : 275k / 93%
Shadow Complex Remastered : 170k / 85%
Mutant Mudds : 100k / 80%
Furi : 71k / 93%
Curses n' Chaos : 46k / 60%
Futuridium : 4k / ??%

These figures must be taken with a grain of salt but it's still pretty impressive.

Ok then, didn't know this. I have to admit, from all LRG games released before Risk of Rain was the only one I never heard of. And from what I saw it's also the least interesting one - atleast for me. But that's fine.

oldmario

It was also coming right on the heels of Ray Gigant at $40. I didn't even really want that game, even when it was around $5 on PSN, and money was so tight at the end of that month that I had to pass on Flinthook... which was only $25 and I actually wanted to play that one, but I let it go because hardcore Vita collecting > PS4 pseudo-collecting. Had to re-evaluate my priorities.

It's not really just LRG getting to be too much by itself, though. Too many Vita games every month for years, from multiple retailers (even more now), lots of speculation buys, pricey imports and whatnot to keep up on.

i don't want to sound like i'm trying to justify my purchase of the game but the ways i like to think of it is that it had a digital only release over here and then along came the bamco asia asian physical and i was able to get that or basically i bought it at launch and never got round to playing it until now granted i think most people buying LRG wouldn't see it that way because i'm sure a lot of the customers don't open the games and leave them sealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom