• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2017 (Apr. 27-29) |OT| The Busts of Tomorrow...Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furyous

Perfect drafts for my teams:

Browns:

Myles Garret + Kizer in the second and Davis Webb in the third or fourth + *quality draft picks + a few trades for more draft picks next year

Cardinals:

Mitch Trubisky or Deshaun Watson or Nathan Pearman + *quality draft picks.

* quality draft picks represents the best available player at the position subject to change upon draft night.

MechDX

Lance Zierlein‏Verified account
@LanceZierlein

Is there any way to do my mock draft over and NOT put a QB with the Texans?

Lance Zierlen 20 minutes ago.

Lance Zierlein‏Verified account @LanceZierlein 14m14 minutes ago
More
If your city riots over not taking a quarterback who is sliding out of the first round then so be it.

Responding to a question about Mahomes and Watson

No way the top three are there at 25
Lance Zierlein‏Verified account
@LanceZierlein

Replying to @MrDickTrickle
Not so sure about that

I think he is saying Tribusky, Watson and Mahomes are ALL falling

SO basically the talk from earlier that the Texans love both Mahomes and Watson is likely agent talk

Nialrot

I would be quite ok with the Jags trading down to the Browns late first round pick and picking up an extra second as well.

Definitely not in love with all the mock drafts pointing towards Fournette at four..

MechDX

Packers gonna draft TJ Watt Greg! We can be Watt Bros!

watt-brothers.jpg

Bread could be the 3rd but his Chargers left The Dieg

Bitanator

Tomorrow cannot come soon enough!

I have dreams of Dallas getting David Njoku and having the combo of Rico Gathers, Njoku, Dez, Zeke and Dak and the Bease in the red zone, 40+ points a game, but it won't happen and I know too many Dallas fans would be pissed it was not a DE or CB, which I hope we snag, but man it is a dream.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Tomorrow cannot come soon enough!

I have dreams of Dallas getting David Njoku and having the combo of Rico Gathers, Njoku, Dez, Zeke and Dak and the Bease in the red zone, 40+ points a game, but it won't happen and I know too many Dallas fans would be pissed it was not a DE or CB, which I hope we snag, but man it is a dream.
kr3U4.jpg

O_Atoll

Dream draft scenario:

Browns drafts Myles Garret, trade the 12 overall and the 52nd overall, a 4th rounder for Tennessee 5th overall pick to draft Jamal Adams. Draft Gareon Conley with the 1st 2nd round pick and I would be satisfied. Draft Eddie Jackson (diet Malik Hooker) with the 3rd.

Garrett, Adams, Conley, and Jackson.

O_Atoll

Your "Dream" draft scenario involves using a 2nd round pick on a guy being investigated for rape? That's the most Cleveland thing ever.
He will be cleared of all wrong doing and the women will serve time. I don't know how much you have been following but I'm confident he will be cleared of all charges.

Pepiope

Your "Dream" draft scenario involves using a 2nd round pick on a guy being investigated for rape? That's the most Cleveland thing ever.
Everything is pointing to it being made up. That'd suck for him to lose out on millions because of this, but no team is going to take the risk of losing a pick to draft him. Shefty said the earliest he goes is late 3rd.

KaYotiX

Banned
Oh please draft mostly defensive Ted!

I'm tired of seeing the offense try to score 40+ a game because the defense is terrible.

Kevtones

Receiver makes sense. An RB makes no sense to me for the Titans. They are set with Murray and Henry for both present and the future.

I can't see Colts trading up for McCaffrey. That would be shocking. Think that is smoke for sure. Think almost a lock Colts go D. Foster if there, if not McKinley.

Ross is a great returner too but McCaffrey is dynamic and fills in the slot position perfectly. Tajae is kind of in that role but I really like McCaffrey's abilty to adapt and fill in wherever. He won't see time at RB though and shouldn't if he's on Tenn.

Ross should Tennessee's priority imo

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I expect this draft to be a bit nuts. There's a lot of talented players, but not a lot of can't miss prospects. Get ready for a lot of surprises.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
I hope the browns don't take a qb in the first two rounds. Garrett and a safety/corner first round and maybe one of these freak TEs in the second.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Along the lines of my previous post, to show some of the variability in the draft this year, I looked at a lot of edge rushers. There's a ton of guys, the class is deep, but I'm not sure that outside of Myles Garrett, I'd take a too many of them in the first round. But I bet four or five get drafted.

Obviously, outside linebacker is a serious need for the Steelers, which is why I was looking. Let's explore some of the top guys.

Myles Garrett - Amazing physique and great athlete. He simply doesn't show up on film very often. I'd still take him first overall, but he's not a sure thing.

Haason Reddick - Great tape, great athlete, probably too small to play outside in the league.

Derek Barnett - Great tape, average athlete. Seems committed to the cause, though.

Takk McKinley - More of an effort guy. Has chronic shoulder issues.

TJ Watt - Limited experience. Great athlete. Big potential with 4 torn knee ligaments.

Carl Lawson - Great tape. Probably my favorite tape, in fact. Limited athlete with a bad hip.

Charles Harris - Great tape, bad athlete. Jarvis Jones 2.0

Jordan Willis - Would have to learn a new position to play on the Steelers. Incredible athlete.

Derek Rivers - Great athlete. Played at Youngstown State, so you have to take his tape with a grain of salt.

Samson Ebukam - I'm in love with this guy! Hope the Steelers draft him in the fifth.

So, how do teams have these guys ranked? In an average year, there would be some consensus. At least an inkling. The same issues crop up at almost every position, too. What's the order of the quarterbacks? The running backs? The wide outs? The safeties?

TL;DR - The Steelers should pick the edge defender that falls to them in round 2. Take the bpa in round one.

MechDX

Got damn I LOVE the NFL Draft!! The build up, the lies, the excitement!

NBA and MLB drafts aint got shit on it.

Wes

venison crêpe
I can't believe they pass on Wentz but take Trubisky. I can't believe. I can't.

Jimmy don't do this.

Has anyone set up a Pick'em on the NFL site yet?

duxstar

Dear god, i would be so happy if the Browns took Trubisky. Niners would be on the clock and then theyd take ...... Pat mahomes

In fact that is probably the most likely way i finally give up on this team/FO. So im putting this at 30% probability

effzee

Dear god, i would be so happy if the Browns took Trubisky. Niners would be on the clock and then theyd take ...... Pat mahomes

In fact that is probably the most likely way i finally give up on this team/FO. So im putting this at 30% probability

The niners are a new regime and you give up on them if they take a QB?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
In 3 years, when all of the 2017 Browns first round picks are released or traded away, we will all laugh.

They've been so terrible, I have zero reason to beclev they won't fuck this one up too. At least it will be entertaining.

FTF

In 3 years, when all of the 2017 Browns first round picks are released or traded away, we will all laugh.

They've been so terrible, I have zero reason to beclev they won't fuck this one up too. At least it will be entertaining.

I just can't see them not taking Garrett. It would be such a mistake.

effzee

While that is entirely possible, this is a completely new Browns FO.

Plus I see everyone freaking out about them possibly taking Mitch. Now I don't anything about him and don't get how with such little experience and absolutely no hype he rose to the top after the draft, but we just saw this happen last year with Wentz who the Eagles traded up to take at pick #2.

If the Browns believe he has "it" and can be the franchise QB they have been looking for since 99, why not? A franchise QB is worth 10x more than any other player at any other position. They can still get a very good player @ 12 and this being a deep draft with 1st round talent available in rounds 2 and 3, the Browns will have plenty of picks to pick players who can be day 1 starters.

Now it all depends on their evaluation, whether they really see Mitch as the guy or just taking him because they feel they have to, and then if they do pick him how they develop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom