• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Pre-order Thread - iPhone 8, 8+, Watch Series 3, AppleTV 4K

Elfstruck

So I want to add another line for IP8, I should choose the ''buy a new Iphone on an existing wireless account on the App store right''? Because I want to keep my upgrade for the X one.

Juice

Looks like a lot of 8's are slipping aside from the SIM-free models which are holding. I guess most people buy on plans.

Man, that makes me really wish iPhone X was launching with a SIM-free SKU. That'd really increase my odds.

NYR

Fuck. The Edition has already slipped to early October and I can't get an order in until tomorrow morning.

Who the fuck is crazy enough to buy a ceramic watch?? Aside from me of course

Must be location specific, Canada is still showing Sep 22 for both white and grey ceramic.

Daffy Duck

So O2 have uplifted base tariffs too, so no more £43 per month, now it's £47 for the exact same plan and £190 up front for a 64Gb 8.

Fuck off.

NYR

Yep, this is the smoothest iPhone launch in history, tons of stock, still showing release day availability in Canada for all models. Have to pickup in store though.

Fuck. The Edition has already slipped to early October and I can’t get an order in until tomorrow morning.

Who the fuck is crazy enough to buy a ceramic watch?? Aside from me of course
Probably started that way. The high priced ones always start at later dates in the past.

Got my Space Grey Watch 42mm with LTE. Verizon offering first 3 months for free

Mrbob

Or they delayed it to October to give themselves time to crank out those OLEDs and have ample stock!
I was watching CNBC the other day and they were speculating Apple can only make 10k a day for iPhone X. Now 300k a month sounds like a lot but not if 1 million plus people are waiting for it.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I have a feeling that X will be where things are gonna go crazy. Strange though because I kind of thought 8 would be more popular.

I was watching CNBC the other day and they were speculating Apple can only make 10k a day for iPhone X. Now 300k a month sounds like a lot but not if 1 million plus people are waiting for it.

That would bring in a billion dollars if you do the math. 1 million people paying $1000 in 10-15 minutes. Sheww

Matticers

Wanted to order an Apple Watch through AT&T's site. Got nothing but errors for 10 minutes, then finally added one to my cart, had to change something and... it's sold out. Sometimes I don't know why I even bother.

I guess this will be one of those things where they're sold out until late October or some nonsense too.

First time ordering upgrades for my family and I screwed up a bit, one phone is store pick-up, the other is shipped. Going to chat with support first thing in the AM to see if I can get lucky and pick both up at the same time.

Still, wasn't too bad, even with a delay and a bit of a panic looking up my carrier pin for the order. From reading sounds like the ease of order might be due to slightly less demand.

Betting my personal X order in a month might not be so easy.

Daffy Duck

Well the phone is £100more than the 7 was. 24x£4 = £96. It’s actually a saving!

That's not the correct way of doing it though, thats the base tariff, plus the £190 up front so I don't think there is a saving.

I guess from now on I'll just upgrade a generation behind, so I'll get a 128Gb 7 I think.

Wanted to order an Apple Watch through AT&T's site. Got nothing but errors for 10 minutes, then finally added one to my cart, had to change something and... it's sold out. Sometimes I don't know why I even bother.

I guess this will be one of those things where they're sold out until late October or some nonsense too.
Why not use Apple to order it? Get it on launch still for pretty much all of them.

Matticers

Why not use Apple to order it? Get it on launch still for pretty much all of them.

I wanted to just have the payments added to my monthly AT&T bill since it's just more convenient. And I liked the 3 free months they were doing for it too. It's only a $30 savings but still.

I wanted to just have the payments added to my monthly AT&T bill since it's just more convenient. And I liked the 3 free months they were doing for it too. It's only a $30 savings but still.
The 3 free months is done for any new Watch on LTE no matter where you buy. You just call them to activate.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Why? You are buying an 8 just in hopes of selling it for an X in a month? That's absolutely stupid.

Depends how much you think you’ll lose by selling, and how long you think it’ll take to get an X

If 8 starts to hit longer delivery times, you might be able to sell at cost price in a month.

giga

T-Mobile still requires you to go in store to enroll in the upgrade program. Lame. But I'm in no rush so don't really care about getting the phone in a few weeks.

d1JA6L1.png

I have a feeling that X will be where things are gonna go crazy. Strange though because I kind of thought 8 would be more popular.

A lot of people want the latest and greatest, if your coming from a 6s or 7 the X looks like a much bigger upgrade compared to the 8.

Even with the price I can kind of understand why a lot of people will wait for the X.

mid83

I was going to get an 8+ just for the hell of it but slept on it and decided to wait for the X. I’m pretty happy with my 7+ still.

Reading this thread makes me feel like there is no way in hell im getting an X prior to Christmas. Unless I get a quick ship date I’m going to just let my IUP run the full 24 months and sell my 7+ next fall when the new phones come out.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Only thing I ordered was Apple TV 4K. Cellular Watch is not supported by Vodafone, and I want to wait for X.

I wonder how joining IUP with X works? Do I preorder online for store pickup, and when picking up, request for the program?

j-wood

I'm super pissed. Apparently on Verizon I have 30 dollars left on my device payment plan. I have to go into an Apple Store to do this pre order because of that. Fucking pissed.

I'm super pissed. Apparently on Verizon I have 30 dollars left on my device payment plan. I have to go into an Apple Store to do this pre order because of that. Fucking pissed.

They should let you pay it over the phone. I know they’re not open now, but just call and be like “I want to pay off my phone” and they should do it no hassle

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
T-Mobile still requires you to go in store to enroll in the upgrade program. Lame. But I'm in no rush so don't really care about getting the phone in a few weeks.

d1JA6L1.png
Only to enroll. I was able to upgrade without going to the store which is a first.

Depends how much you think you'll lose by selling, and how long you think it'll take to get an X

If 8 starts to hit longer delivery times, you might be able to sell at cost price in a month.
I think the 8 will be hanging around. This is bad a bad sign for the X.

With iup taking almost no time through the app I hope i can beat the mad rush. So glad they added the preapproval and online ordering step.

jayvo

This has been the smoothest iPhone ordering experience I've ever seen. The fact that there are still 8 and 8 plus models available with 9.22 delivery dates is unheard of. This means either ample stock or EVERYONE is waiting for the X. Which in turns means that the X pre-order will be the typical shitshow that I usually experience when pre-ordering every year

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This has been the smoothest iPhone ordering experience I've ever seen. The fact that there are still 8 and 8 plus models available with 9.22 delivery dates is unheard of. This means either ample stock or EVERYONE is waiting for the X. Which in turns means that the X pre-order will be the typical shitshow that I usually experience when pre-ordering every year

It could also have a bad affect on Apple sales. At least for this month if people are at least waiting to see if they can get an X, then launch numbers for 8 could be way down. They may pick up if stock is limited on X. Or maybe people on 6s/7 are happy enough - they’re great phones and the 8 isn’t a huge step forward. So they’ll either get an X or wait a year and see what comes in 2018.

Chucker

Got a Space Gray 8 no problem through AT&T which means I probably should have stayed asleep, not worried about sleeping through my alarm I set at 2:55 eastern and just ordered it when I woke up.

Oh well.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Lol, all models of the regular 8 bar 256gb Grey still deliver on launch day, an hour after pre-orders opened. Literally no one gives a shit.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It could also have a bad affect on Apple sales. At least for this month if people are at least waiting to see if they can get an X, then launch numbers for 8 could be way down. They may pick up if stock is limited on X. Or maybe people on 6s/7 are happy enough - they're great phones and the 8 isn't a huge step forward. So they'll either get an X or wait a year and see what comes in 2018.

They are going to cannibalize their own sales here. If iphone x stock is super limited and people pass on the 8... yeesh.

Pein

Banned
Im taking my chances of me walking in and grabbing a 8+ 256gb on launch day.

I have no clue if demand is gonna be crazy but I'm more or less on the side I'm not in the need of a phone and if they have it I'll get it.

Nobody seems to give a shit about the 8 because of the x but man I hate the x and I'll take the same old before I switch to that notch ridden mess.

Daffy Duck

It could also have a bad affect on Apple sales. At least for this month if people are at least waiting to see if they can get an X, then launch numbers for 8 could be way down. They may pick up if stock is limited on X. Or maybe people on 6s/7 are happy enough - they're great phones and the 8 isn't a huge step forward. So they'll either get an X or wait a year and see what comes in 2018.

I think this is the thinking here!

Only problem for me is a 3 week wait for the space grey iphone 8 if I decide to get one, whereas every other colour is release date.

With O2 as well I see why the price is so crap, on the 256Gb one they don't offer the £43 tariff, yet they do with the 64Gb one, sneaky fuckers.

Top Bottom