• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regginator

Whis is Disho 2 gonna be under 20 bucks though?

My stubborn ass refused to buy the physical version when a Dutch retailer had it on sale for €20 a month or two ago. I didn't want to support an unoptimised mess, despite the first Dishonored being my 2nd favourite game of last gen.

But I have to admit I'm feeling slight regret for not taking that chance back then.

Tonton

I refuse to buy Bethesda games as long as they insist on giving the middle finger to regional pricing

Which is sad because I really wanted to try Dishonored, Wolfenstein and DOOM
At least I got New Vegas

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well I mean, for most people the latest driver is the one that you can find through the regular driver search. That's why I specifically linked to the knowledge base article, since that's where the actual newest driver link lives.

Ah, I wasn't aware that hotfixed drivers aren't included in the search system. My bad!

neoemonk

Started getting back into Ys a little while I wait for this new FF XV Pro patch to hit next week. I'm playing Ys II right now. These games are just charming the pants off of me I swear.

I've also been fooling around with Retroarch via Steam Link again. Playing the original Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes on it. The voice actors really went for it in that game. I can appreciate that.

Anteater

screenshot_2017-01-16i4pgx.jpg
screenshot_2017-01-16myoif.jpg
screenshot_2017-01-221vrcm.jpg

screenshot_2017-01-29npqp4.jpg
screenshot_2017-01-29izq6d.jpg
screenshot_2017-02-19fapsw.jpg

dead space is the shit

i should get back to condemned btw

C4rter

Sega bla

ModBot said:
Instructions for C4rter:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Endless Legend Echoes of Auriga Add-on -- MB-80C554B403B2A5BE - Taken by Tellaerin
Golden Axe 2 -- MB-1B52CD31E5D2D562 - Taken by lindarasta

Sarcasm

Any suggestions? I want to stop using windows movie maker for my videos.

Game is crashing again after the nvidia driver download UGH!

There aren't really any good free ones. I use Lightworks personally. Premiere Pro is the market leader, and with good reason, but a Creative Suite sub is pricey.

I used to use Vegas way back in the days of editing Counter-Strike montages, but I haven't used it in about a decade. Definitely has its' fans though.

Sarcasm

What game?

Well here is the history:

Few days (or a week) ago wife wanted to play minecraft. Turns out we had to roll back to 376.33

So all was peachy. I decided since I played the OG to play Metro 2033 Redux. Worked flawless for 4 hours. Fast forward to today, I updated to the newest. Which is newer than the java crashing one.

Metro 2033 Redux would crash. I fixed it by reading a forum. Now its back to crashing even with that fix.

Going to use DDU and reinstall that .33 one UGH!

Vuze

DaVinci Resolve. Mainly known for color grading capabilities but it's the most professional free video editor I know. Chances are you'll probably be overwhelmed by it coming from Movie Maker though so it might take a while to get a grip.

Also yeah, NVIDIA drivers are kind of a mess right now with older titles. That sniper elite 3 crashing issue I recently posted about? It was verified that NVIDIAs latest and greatest is responsible for it. I wasn't even the first one to complain on the NVIDIA forums about it.

Yeah the last section from the
ship
and onward feels really odd and abrupt

I thought the
ship
was ok, not nearly as interesting and aesthetically pleasing as the first half of the game but at least it offered some kind of level design. That last
mines
area though was entirely linear and bland. I was expecting a somewhat convoluted laboratory like in the old games.

The game really needed to be a bit longer and have more content. At least we still have those dlcs.

Valxal

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Valxal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Golden Axe II -- MB-7A336A7F5ED50410 - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.

Is there a way to make Big Picture mode not wash out the colors of the game grid? I always start to reach for monitor calibration or think Flux is on.

Teggy

TIL I learned there's a thing called Quick Shots in RE6 and I played the whole game without knowing this (and probably never executed one because of this).

Jawmuncher

TIL I learned there's a thing called Quick Shots in RE6 and I played the whole game without knowing this (and probably never executed one because of this).

That's horrible.
You can quick (kills dogs in one hit). You can also quick shot with the knife, and stab with it. Aside from that there's also the dodging, rolling, rolling on the ground, and counters along with coup de graces

Shengar

I refuse to buy Bethesda games as long as they insist on giving the middle finger to regional pricing

Which is sad because I really wanted to try Dishonored, Wolfenstein and DOOM
At least I got New Vegas

I can only shake my head in rage and bewilderment every time I see store page of their new game. I mean, how the fuck they could justify straight conversion to the point of being MORE expensive than their physical console counterpart? That just doesn't make sense besides pure greed and ignorance.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for Nabae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Alien Soldier -- MB-0108E83EB1A20B89 - Taken by Regginator
Golden Axe II -- MB-17CE433E99CC72BC - Taken by Naked Snake

played half an hour of the witness, enjoying it so far with the exception of having to go back to the previous puzzle to put the answer in again cause i fucked up the current puzzle, thats a pretty dumb decision, why make me go back to something I solved already? i knew it had this at launch but i actually thought he would have patched that out after ppl complaining about it, guess not

BasilZero

Hmm for some reason my gaming laptop (nvidia geforce 745m, 8 GB RAM, i7 dual core 3.4 ghz processor, windows 8.1) couldnt handle The Vanishing of Ethan Carter or its Redux version ;(

I was getting maximum 30 FPS at lowest settings and highest settings about 15 FPS....

So I decided to play Dear Esther and the remake Dear Esther Landmark Edition.

Both performed well - 60 FPS at max settings.

I guess I'll play Vanishing of Ethan carter on my desktop sometime later in the year.

Teggy

That's horrible.
You can quick (kills dogs in one hit). You can also quick shot with the knife, and stab with it. Aside from that there's also the dodging, rolling, rolling on the ground, and counters along with coup de graces

I did the rolling and crawling stuff and did all the crazy things where you drop kick, etc.

Are most of the Sega games people giving away from actually visiting the streams? I've gotten a few games because I assume Sega had problems with their streams because I never tried to join any of them.

sheaaaa

played half an hour of the witness, enjoying it so far with the exception of having to go back to the previous puzzle to put the answer in again cause i fucked up the current puzzle, thats a pretty dumb decision, why make me go back to something I solved already? i knew it had this at launch but i actually thought he would have patched that out after ppl complaining about it, guess not

I think the rationale was to make sure the player actually knows how they solved the puzzle, and didn't brute force it or get lucky guessing. I guess it makes sure that they don't get stuck further down the line, not knowing the actual concept behind all the puzzles in the area.

And while that makes sense to me, I can't say it wasn't fucking annoying at times to have to reinput puzzle solutions that I 100% got. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I did the rolling and crawling stuff and did all the crazy things where you drop kick, etc.

Are most of the Sega games people giving away from actually visiting the streams? I've gotten a few games because I assume Sega had problems with their streams because I never tried to join any of them.

Its from that make war not love bullshit. If you need golden axe and that endless legend dlc ppl are giving out let me know I cba modbotting those

Teggy

Its from that make war not love bullshit. If you need golden axe and that endless legend dlc ppl are giving out let me know I cba modbotting those

I got Shining Force and Golden Axe (which I already have), but I was wondering why I didn't get the Warhammer DLC.

Tellaerin

I got Shining Force and Golden Axe (which I already have), but I was wondering why I didn't get the Warhammer DLC.

I'm still not sure how the system's supposed to work for this thing. I'm "Team Endless Legend", but I didn't get the Endless Legend DLC. o_O

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

you would be surprised at the amount of "boobs shoot missiles" scenes there are out there, not even in hentai

Might be a bit NSFW I guess, just google anime boob missile or something lol.

thats not even the most popular one that people usually post, I cant find the other one. But there's several. It's a "thing" I guess.

Although to be fair the Atelier lady is shooting missiles from behind her, not her chest :p

edit: speaking of Atelier, if I wasnt waiting for Hollow Knight and thus not wanting to start any long games right now that I will have to interrupt, I would start Atelier, but when I do, you guys are gonna need to tell me whats up with all the crafting bullshit you keep bringing up, you make it sound like its a cooking game almost sometimes >_>

Valxal

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Valxal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Golden Axe II -- MB-7A336A7F5ED50410 - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.

t1487481033z1.png
Pretty sure I messed up earlier, here's the key again.

Lomax

I'd use that Endless Legend DLC if you haven't gotten rid of it yet, I don't seem to have "won" that one. I have the Ultramarines DLC if anyone wants it.

Don't you mean "easeguy"?
Now that's just ridiculous, who would say that.

dead space is the shit

i should get back to condemned btw
I only just played DS2 this past Halloween. PC version has this weird quirk where apparently a patch made it so that all the unlockables are in the game store by default, so I had to carefully manage my purchases to not get any of the free items so as to inadvertently cheat. Great game though.

Rhaknar

Grabbed it from a giveaway earlier - thanks, though!

Well screw you and your giant distracting anime boobies then :(

I'd use that Endless Legend DLC if you haven't gotten rid of it yet, I don't seem to have "won" that one. I have the Ultramarines DLC if anyone wants it.

Ill PM you when I get home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom