• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: The Enemy Within listed for Switch on several retailers

LordKano

Following the recent reports from retailers listing that Batman: The Telltale Series is heading to Switch, it seems like Telltale is already planning to release the currently airing sequel, The Enemy Within.
http://nintendoeverything.com/batman-the-enemy-within-listed-for-switch-on-both-amazon-and-gamestop/

All sorts of retailers have been suggesting that Batman: The Enemy Within is coming to Switch. What we considered to be a very good sign is when GameFly listed the game. The retailer tends to be spot on more often than not.

If you didn’t trust GameFly’s listing though, even more evidence has popped up. Amazon and GameStop both say that Batman: The Enemy Within is heading to Switch as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074JP6F39/?tag=neogaf0e-20

-shadow-

So we're finally getting the game on the 3DS, awesome!

And yes that's a joke
actually it's not.

LordKano

Note that Telltale is holding an AMA on r/nintendoswitch on the 22nd to celebrate the release of Minecraft Story Mode.

I am also curious how well these games will run on the Switch. Was the Batman Telltale Series good?

I just played through all of season 1 the last few days. It was pretty good. They try and present things in the universe in ways you've never seen before. Some of the writing is a bit stiff at times, but still a good time overall.

I was playing on a pretty high end PC (6700k, GeForce 1080, 16 gigs of RAM) and it still had some pretty big performance issues at times. I seriously can't imagine how it will run on the Switch, but I am real curious to see. I haven't seen anything about season 2 at all. Maybe it runs better?

I remember a load of retailer listings for a few telltale games on wii u, think the only one that actually came out was story mode though

J@hranimo

Banned
I just played through all of season 1 the last few days. It was pretty good. They try and present things in the universe in ways you've never seen before. Some of the writing is a bit stiff at times, but still a good time overall.

I was playing on a pretty high end PC (6700k, GeForce 1080, 16 gigs of RAM) and it still had some pretty big performance issues at times. I seriously can't imagine how it will run on the Switch, but I am real curious to see. I haven't seen anything about season 2 at all. Maybe it runs better?

Ah interesting. Sounds decent, performance issues aside.

Although I thought they made a new engine for The Walking Dead S3? Anyone know if that one perform better?

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
Finally, a system for Telltale to finally hit that 10fps cap they've been trying to get.

Watch it run great on Switch especially in handheld mode where it will be 720p. People seem to forget that Switch uses Nvidia architecture so if a certain game engine runs awful on PS4/XB1 (AMD) then there's no reason for it to perform as badly on Switch (it will obviously be lower resolution with the possibility of other graphical downgrades).

Keinning

Watch it run great on Switch especially in handheld mode where it will be 720p. People seem to forget that Switch uses Nvidia architecture so if a certain game engine runs awful on PS4/XB1 (AMD) then there's no reason for it to perform as badly on Switch (it will obviously be lower resolution with the possibility of other graphical downgrades).

You do realize we are talking about Telltale games here right

Their games don't even run well on high end PCs

ZugZug123

Prepare for TellTale jank on the Switch 😋

I was an early supporter of them when they revived Sam & Max and the first TWD was an amazing experience. But now that they hit it big they need to invest in a newer engine.

Shauni

I was an early supporter of them when they revived Sam & Max and the first TWD was an amazing experience. But now that they hit it big they need to invest in a newer engine.

They invest that money in getting licenses instead

Shaanyboi

Banned

Enemy Within has performed drastically smoother than the last Batman game.

Top Bottom