• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

Any chance of this getting a UK/EU release?

Getting burned by import fees when ordering Witcher 3 from ThinkGeek really put me off importing anything again. The shipping and fees cost way more than the vinyl :(

crimnos

Okay I wondered if I was losing my mind, they did send out an email at 1:00 announcing the sale for tomorrow, then another 15 minutes later saying that it would start at 1:30 today. Spacelab9 stays screwing up, so I'm bracing for cancellation.

Apparently, this was sent to press.

DFQRXGGXkAAElvS.jpg:large

Dang, I only got a download code. Apparently I need to become more important lol

Dan-o

Okay I wondered if I was losing my mind, they did send out an email at 1:00 announcing the sale for tomorrow, then another 15 minutes later saying that it would start at 1:30 today. Spacelab9 stays screwing up, so I'm bracing for cancellation.

Yeah, the first email went to my spam folder. The title said tomorrow, but the actual details within showed today.
The second email was identical, but with a corrected title. And didn't go to my spam.

This was the original tease for these:
2xLP for DS
4xLP for DSII
3xLP for DSIII
Totally different covers, too. Were those cancelled and re-worked into what came out today? Are the versions in the pic still coming from another exclusive vendor? Who knows.

Spacelab9 needs to work on messaging. Big time.

BTails

Wow, I've never seen this thread move so quickly. Good thing I didn't have any interest in Dark Souls soundtracks, haha.

Now, when SL9 has their Skyrim soundtrack, I'll have to pay attention :)

Yeah, the first email went to my spam folder. The title said tomorrow, but the actual details within showed today.
The second email was identical, but with a corrected title. And didn't go to my spam.

This was the original tease for these:

2xLP for DS
4xLP for DSII
3xLP for DSIII
Totally different covers, too. Were those cancelled and re-worked into what came out today? Are the versions in the pic still coming from another exclusive vendor? Who knows.

worse than Witcher. Yikes

Amen. VG vinyl lovers are a smallish crowd, but we do spend. Seems counterintuitive to have mixed messaging on the dates (in the same email), and with very short notice.

Unless the TG presses are mass produced, there are going to be some pretty turned off people to SL9.

somato

Ugh, I feel so dirty. :( Finally caved and placed my first iam8bit pre-order. It's not even game related, but I couldn't resist Steven Universe. I'm officially part of the problem now. :/

Anyway, back to the games! I received my NG box from Bravewave/Bigwax today and it is spectacular! I missed out on the signed copies and I know it's just the box + 2 The sound effects at the end of NG1 are one of my favorite tracks! Also, I had never heard the Arcade OST and it's pretty dope.

wiibomb

Ugh, I feel so dirty. :( Finally caved and placed my first iam8bit pre-order. It's not even game related, but I couldn't resist Steven Universe. I'm officially part of the problem now. :/

Anyway, back to the games! I received my NG box from Bravewave/Bigwax today and it is spectacular! I missed out on the signed copies and I know it's just the box + 2 The sound effects at the end of NG1 are one of my favorite tracks! Also, I had never heard the Arcade OST and it's pretty dope.

oh boy... it seems I'm not alone in this Steven Universe dilemma...

I also want to preorder them so bad, but it's Iam8bit.

4 LP's doesn't sound so bad at $50... may be... I don't know

OnPoint

oh boy... it seems I'm not alone in this Steven Universe dilemma...

I also want to preorder them so bad, but it's Iam8bit.

4 LP's doesn't sound so bad at $50... may be... I don't know

4 LPs at $50 is good. As a big Iam8bit hater myself lately, I'd say you could do worse and should probably go for it.

Hopefully you don't have to wait until 2020 to get them.

-GJ-

4 LPs at $50 is good. As a big Iam8bit hater myself lately, I'd say you could do worse and should probably go for it.

Hopefully you don't have to wait until 2020 to get them.
Sucks that the cheapest shipping option to Holland is almost $22 :/

crimnos

I don't think there was a box set,for some reason. Who knows, their messaging has been a mess.

Speaking of which, my DS 1 and 2 100 count variants have been shipped, so maybe they did have those copies.

wiibomb

I don't think there was a box set,for some reason. Who knows, their messaging has been a mess.

Speaking of which, my DS 1 and 2 100 count variants have been shipped, so maybe they did have those copies.

They shipped already??? Mine haven't changed the fullfilment status at all.

RaidenZR

A reminder that sonic mania is now available for order on data discs, just ordered my copy.

Data-Discs is open for pre-order. Not that it really matters..

Think I'll wait for Mondo since splatter doesn't interest me. But thanks for the heads up, guys!

Edit: Data Discs' twitter confirmed that Mondo will stock the Black and Blue variants for Sonic Mania, but they don't have a date right now since Mondo is busy with SDCC. Gonna guess a week or so.

It's in the chain of replies to this tweet, if anyone wants the source:
https://twitter.com/datadiscs/status/887407712107200517

JosiahB

Really? What shipping did you select? They said on their Twitter they would be shipping them out early next week.

They shipped already??? Mine haven't changed the fullfilment status at all.

Same here. Mine are all on one order.

NekoFever

Alright, GAF. Which one of you is this?
and will you sell me the LEs I don't have. Thx. ;)
https://twitter.com/Vybe1__/status/888504450880389123

^ Every Data Discs release, in every variant.
Haha jeez.

I have all three variants of Shenmue because I collect memorabilia for that game but that's a bit much. I know someone who has two LEs of every DD release so he has one to play and one to frame on the wall.

Other than Shenmue it's just an LE of each for me.

crimnos

Really? What shipping did you select? They said on their Twitter they would be shipping them out early next week.

Same here. Mine are all on one order.

I chose media mail. Checking the tracking status it looks like they've just created the label, so it could still be going out on Monday.

Dan-o

A question for you all; is shipping to Australia from Mondo likely to be cheaper than DATA DISCS' price of £11.20? Should I wait and see?

If you want an estimate, just pick a random vinyl on the Mondo site and go through the checkout process, without actually submitting your order. Then you'll see what they charge for shipping to AU.

If you want an estimate, just pick a random vinyl on the Mondo site and go through the checkout process, without actually submitting your order. Then you'll see what they charge for shipping to AU.

Huh, why didn't I think of that... Good idea!

Edit: Seems Mondo would be a few dollars cheaper, but I suspect it will sell fast via Mondo and I might risk being left with neither copy.

Awww yiss at the Dark Souls series not being limited. I'm just glad I'll be able to listen to these beauties on wax soon! Gimme that quick shipping please!

Why is there no triple box set for Dark Souls? Did I miss it?
lol why have a box when you can be forced to buy them individually for maximum profit? That and the additional cost of manufacturing in some board members' eyes.

Never understood the need to buy all versions :p just seems like a waste of money
We have people buying records who don't even have record players. We have people framing audio in glass and never listening to it. I'm no longer surprised at the lunacy of certain purchase habits.

What, you don't want four copies of the same thing with minute, arbitrary visual differences not related to the actual medium (audio)?

Spade

Got the splatter Sonic vinyl from Data-Discs. I think that's about it for now regarding vinyl I'm looking out for....
this will be changed soon enough

SugarDave

Thinking about ordering both volumes of the Brigador soundtrack, it's £55 odd including shipping to the UK. I'm concerned about additional import charges though, I was hit with them for Witcher 3 but not Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Is it based on price or the weight of the parcel? I was told I could request having both volumes sent in the same package, but I'm not sure if I should.

Top Bottom