• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

image.php

Congrats. I'm just thankful my old tank still holds out for pubg, it's easily my most-played game of the year.

Thanks! The planets kind of aligned for me on this one; got an Asus on sale, then noticed a nice monitor was on sale, then buying the monitor got me a discount on a decent set of speakers...my wife wasn't happy about what I spent but that was tempered a little bit when she realized she could play Cities:Skylines and PUBG now :)

The planets kind of aligned for me on this one; got an Asus on sale, then noticed a nice monitor was on sale, then buying the monitor got me a discount on a decent set of speakers...my wife wasn't happy about what I spent but that was tempered a little bit when she realized she could play Cities:Skylines and PUBG now :)

Nice.

The only person I had to convince was myself. Ended up being pretty easy, and I'm pretty happy with this gsync monitor and this 1080Ti.

Covfan

Anyone who has randomly had a graphics quality drop recently on Nvidia, the reason is that they've just added the game to GeForce Experience.

Has anyone had any issues with lag?

My friend, who lives in the same house as me and is using the same internet connection, lags like crazy sometimes, but the game is absolutely fine for me. I used to get a bit of lag right after landing, like pretty much everyone else did, but the recent patches seem to have fixed that right up.

We use Discord and his voice comms are 100% crystal clear, so that makes me think must be the game.

Have him try switching from Fullscreen to windowed or the other way around. Otherwise I would make sure they update their drivers.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
If I set the voice chat to team only, does it mute our conversation to other nearby teams or can others still hear us talk?

nowarning

Have him try switching from Fullscreen to windowed or the other way around. Otherwise I would make sure they update their drivers.

Thanks - He said it was like network lag last night, but just now he said he thinks it's his FPS and not network lag haha. I'm sure it'll be what you said, or another video setting that's turned up.

Settings I have vs. settings it wants to change. Nope.

Some people have it configured to automatically apply suggested settings.

Automatically applying settings is enabled by default I think, at least it was for me at one point. I noticed with a game that my settings weren't sticking between gaming sessions. Took a bit but finally realized this damn program was setting it for me. Turned that shit off. I'm a grown-up, I can set my own graphics settings, thank you.

FinKL

My god an SSD makes this game way smoother. Like legit I can start games properly now!

Can't wait to install another 1TB SSD. My 128GB SSD filled up so I had to put this on a mechanical HDD. The game ended up crashing 1 time due to running out of storage space on my OS C:. That's good to hear a SSD makes a significant difference, I actually spawn in the plane because it takes me so long to load

Can't wait to install another 1TB SSD. My 128GB SSD filled up so I had to put this on a mechanical HDD. The game ended up crashing 1 time due to running out of storage space on my OS C:. That's good to hear a SSD makes a significant difference, I actually spawn in the plane because it takes me so long to load

Yup, it's a hell of a difference. Actually get to mess around in the lobby with 50 seconds to spare, and parachuting is smoother cus the game isn't trying to load everything. You'd hope it's something that gets optimised for HDD users really.

After 108 Hours I FINALLY got my first Solo Chicken Dinner.

Ended up in the mountains. Was surprised I won. I had to climb up the side of the mountains. It went from 5 to 2 real quick. The whole time my fingers were shaking and my heart was pumping. I ended up behind some trees which were behind some rocks. I knew the person was going to try and come up behind them. I was kind of right. He ended up coming up on the side of them. Took my SKS and all of my 2nd place memories straight into his face.

FEELS GOOD.

Does anyone use the Playstation Gold headset while playing this? Does it hold up pretty well as a PC headset?

That's what I'm using!

Übermatik;244086379 said:

This is amazing

I love this game but sometimes the guns just straight up feel like they are shooting blanks.

Like I had such a beautiful flank on a guy who was reviving his teammate, lined up a headshot with a 4x scope on a Kar98, shot, and not only did he not get hit, there was no visible bullet impact anywhere around him. And of course it immediately reveals my position and he effortlessly headshots me with his SCAR-L.

Hit reg update when

strang

Neo Member
Alright I've been playing solo for a while and a few random duos, always ended up matched with people without mics.

I wanna get into some squad hijinks with a group who actually communicates, what's the best way to find a group? Should I just hop onto the GAF Discord server?

ahahaha i feel really bad now

I was running to Pochinki and looking north across the field when I saw a buggy and a guy looking east, and right behind him was a guy slowly walking and aiming. I couldn't help myself and immediately tagged both of them and watched it unfold.

I later got my karmic backlash when I ran through a red zone and ran right into the guy I was trying to sneak up on in the middle of a field, neither of us hearing the other until we were practically touching.

Palpable

This game is getting less fun & more frustrating. It seems more and more like people are spotting me far sooner than I spot them.

Killed an entire squad solo earlier, beginning with one guy that was chasing me down in the military base apartments with an M16. I found a crossbow, loaded it up, popped out and killed him. Nicked the S12K he had and dispatched his mate. Then hid in the toilet cubicles, peeking the door and listened carefully as the other two pressed me. One guy threw a grenade which I managed to dodge, then came in and I popped out again and blew him away. Saw the last through the cracks in the door an killed him with a few final shots.

Felt good!

JDB

Banned
Yeah, I can't wait for first person only. The more people learn to abuse 3rd person the less fun it becomes. It's a staring contest between the two cameras half the time.

Some thoughts for you all. Most of you probably know this stuff, but it was new to me.

Make sure to use map waypoints. They appear in your compass at the top of the HUD.

Apparently the frying pan can somewhat deflect bullets while on your back.

Wear a utility belt on your character default. It increases your inventory slightly.

Bind free look to an extra mouse button if you have one. Makes it much easier.

There is an auto run button, make sure you use it and save your pinky.

You can press v to go to first person while in the plane and check how many ppl have jumped.

Poppy

i find using hills and bushes minimizes the likelihood of me getting shot randomly by people i cant see but yea it is supremely frustrating to get shot at for like ten seconds straight before dying and still not be able to find the shooter

its probably just a better idea to gtfo whenever there is any doubt. thats why i really like having a car

Daffy Duck

Had a really good end to a game just now even though I didn't finish top 10.

Got to the last 20 and people coming in from everywhere, I managed to get 4 kills before I was picked off, from 0 to 4 in such proximity get good.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Some thoughts for you all. Most of you probably know this stuff, but it was new to me.

Make sure to use map waypoints. They appear in your compass at the top of the HUD.

Apparently the frying pan can somewhat deflect bullets while on your back.

Wear a utility belt on your character default. It increases your inventory slightly.

Bind free look to an extra mouse button if you have one. Makes it much easier.

There is an auto run button, make sure you use it and save your pinky.

You can press v to go to first person while in the plane and check how many ppl have jumped.

Some more tips:

- Press crouch after jumping to gain a little more height and get over some obstacles.
- You can change the camera shoulder position when aiming (not ADS) by tapping the lean buttons.
- You can start moving when a healing item countdown is at 0.5 seconds and the healing item will still work.
- If you drag items in and out of your inventory instead of right clicking while looting your character won't do the item pick up animation. If you learn to do this fast enough you can loot faster than just right-clicking items.

-You can actually jump out the larger windows if you break them first and crouch jump correctly (I've sometimes found that this is easier when your guns unequipped). Obviously this stuff will be in the game officially soon, but it's there for quick getaways and unexpected flanks.

(I tend to punch out windows anyway because it improves the visibility without having the dirty glass in the way)

JustinBB7

Picked up the AWM + 8x scope + sniper suit in the crate when 10 people left or something, got 4 kills with it, almost a 5th but he survived the shot and killed me afterwards. 4th place in the end.

But that sniper suit was really annoying, blocking my vision in first person when I unscoped and stuff. Though it might have helped me with hiding I suppose.

Melchior

How is everyone's CPU performance on win10?

I recently (unwillingly) upgraded to win10 pro due to some programs I need to use requiring win10. With this upgrade I also built a new pc. Went from a 2600k to a 6600k. I wasn't expecting a massive boost in performance but my 6600k is actually performing worse with pubg and it's taking atleast 70~80% in high pop areas and making foobar lag and other video stuff it's pretty bad. While my 2600k on win7 was completely fine. I feel like there is some box I haven't ticked or something that I forgot about to make my performance better.

Severance

I took a month off from playing because it wasn't really fun for me after awhile. I returned a few days back because of a friend and I think I know what the problem was. I just don't really enjoy solo that much and that was all I played before. Now that I'm playing duos and squads it's a lot more fun and engaging. It helps having extra eyes on the map and a team to back you up. Im always frustrated in solo when someone else gets the drop on you and it becomes who sees who first. There's a lot I can improve on I know, I'm not the greatest at this game. I'm not sure if I have it me to work at being a better solo player. But i'm thankful for duos and squads, it's an absolute blast and will keep me playing and coming back for more.

I will admit.. There is nothing quite like the adrenaline rush that is top 10 finishes in solo.

Top Bottom