• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Slim - $299. 250GB, built in Wifi. Available now.

Alucrid

Banned
Jtyettis said:
Man haven't even played any games yet just downloading and this thing pumps out some serious heat out that vent.

I had to move it over because it was making my speaker's side hot. :lol

I don't know much about technology at all. I sold my original 360, the very first original ones out there. i still have the hard drive. is it possible to get my saves over to the new 360? i've got so much oblivion gameplay i dont wanna lose

JardeL said:
Err, what?

xbox360250gb_008_58438_640screen.jpg

So damn sexy! <3

So the system is identical to the existing one just with a different HDD and wi-fi built in? It doesn't smaller at all really er at least not to be considered a slim.

FrankT

Alucrid said:
I had to move it over because it was making my speaker's side hot. :lol

Yea no way I would put any 360 close to any HW. Always needs the breathing room.

Saren is Bad said:
See it and you'll change your mind

Pretty much the first thing I noticed when I put it in my old 360 slot on the stand.

JesseZao

Square Triangle said:
So the system is identical to the existing one just with a different HDD and wi-fi built in? It doesn't smaller at all really er at least not to be considered a slim.

They never called it a slim, XO

lachesis

Well, I went to my local Gamestop to trade in my old old, 3timer non-hdmi launch model.... and they didn't have any yet. The clerk, was nice enough to let me know that they might get sometime today.

Just called them up, and they do have a few in stock, so I might just rush tonight there after I get home... Hopefully they won't all go sold-out.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Square Triangle said:
Slim is just geek speak.

Well obviously they went for that term as far as redesigning it right? I'm just having a hard time justifying a purchase of this of it's just a reshelled 360.

Lo-Volt

lachesis said:
Well, I went to my local Gamestop to trade in my old old, 3timer non-hdmi launch model.... and they didn't have any yet. The clerk, was nice enough to let me know that they might get sometime today.

Just called them up, and they do have a few in stock, so I might just rush tonight there after I get home... Hopefully they won't all go sold-out.

Oh? Maybe I should call the ones near me...

I wish it didn't have the design which gives it corners that stick out, so to speak, it could have been a lot smaller without going for that X shape case design, ugh.

Square Triangle said:
Well obviously they went for that term as far as redesigning it right? I'm just having a hard time justifying a purchase of this of it's just a reshelled 360.

For those who dont have a Xbox, wifi and a 250GB HDD, this might not be a reshell.

Jtyettis said:
Man haven't even played any games yet just downloading and this thing pumps out some serious heat out that vent.
That's very disappointing to hear considering that a Jasper doesn't push out much heat at all.

jordan0386 said:
For those who dont have a Xbox, wifi and a 250GB HDD, this might not be a reshell.
Don't forget about the combined cpu/gpu chipset, 5 usb ports, Kinect connector, optical out, and reduced fan noise.

Pooya

Jtyettis said:
\
it's a good sign that heat is coming out, in current model GPU heatsink pretty much doesn't get any air flow. the single chip is both CPU and GPU, it's not a surprise that it runs hotter than current CPU or GPU. Thanks to that giant vent this thing won't bake itself when you turn it off and fans stop.

skyfinch

I'll just wait until next week. No need to work myself up only to find out they're all sold out.

Was going to trade in my old Xbox, but I might just keep it, buy a used copy of Forza 3 and then hook up two screens. :D

miladesn said:
it's a good sign that heat is coming out, in current model GPU heatsink pretty much doesn't get any air flow. the single chip is both CPU and GPU, it's not a surprise that it runs hotter than current CPU or GPU. Thanks to that giant vent this thing won't bake itself when you turn it off and fans stop.

This.

Circle T

AndyMoogle said:
That's very disappointing to hear considering that a Jasper doesn't push out much heat at all.
I'd rather it push OUT the heat, rather than keep it lingering in the case. Electronics generating heat isn't really the issue. It is dealing with that heat that can become a problem. If this thing is pushing out massive heat, that is a good thing. Keep it away from the CPU/GPU.

skyfinch

AndyMoogle said:

I don't know if mine's a Jasper, but the thing, even running for hours, is barely even warm.

It's my damn TV pumps out a ton of heat.

FrankT

miladesn said:

Yea the other half is cool to the touch so it's certainly doing its intended job.

jordan0386 said:

And for those who like their consoles quiet, with optical S/PDIF connectors, more USB ports and want to avoid having to use an additional power supply for Kinect.

EDIT: doh!

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
black_vegeta said:
It's not offically the XBOX 360 Slim. That's just us (gamers) giving it that name.

Microsoft named it Xbox 360 250GB.
That's not what I meant...

MirageDwarf said:
Disappointing to hear that it is noisy when playing game from disc.
People are saying that the disc noise is about as much as an old 360 when running an installed game. Not that I see why anyone would play from a disc when you have a 250GB HDD.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
black_vegeta said:
Then what in the hell did you mean??????????????????????????
Uhm, let's start from the top, yes?

From what I remember from the press conference, the "new" Xbox was way smaller and thinner than this o_O

FrankT

MirageDwarf said:
Disappointing to hear that it is noisy when playing game from disc.

May want to read this again;

Just tried SSF4 off the disc. It makes as much sound as my Elite with a game installed, FUCK! MS has really taken care of the disc drive sound problem.

edit
Going to take my Elite to Gamestop now, I'll try Fable 2 when I get back.

AndyMoogle said:
People are saying that it sounds about as much as an old 360 with a game installed. Not that I see why anyone would play from a disc when you have a 250GB HDD.

I was hoping some improvement there. I don't keep all games installed all the time. Sometimes I want to play old games for short time without installing it again.

Zomo

AndyMoogle said:
People are saying that it sounds about as much as an old 360 with a game installed. Not that I see why anyone would play from a disc when you have a 250GB HDD.
I'm definitely going to install my games.
BUT...I don't think people should HAVE to install their games to have a quiet 360...

Alucrid said:
Downloading all this content again sucks.

I've switched Xbox's at least twice and I've never done this, nor have I ever used the license transfer tool. I'm always online with it so it doesn't matter. I'm always surprised to find out how many people on GAF don't have 24/7 connectivity. Similarly I'm often surprised how many people lug their consoles around to different TVs. I install mine and it pretty much stays put 99.99% of the time.

Top Bottom