• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 trailer coming out [Thursday]

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

Interesting. Do you recommend it for non-Polish speakers?

Absolutely, the way to play. Voice acting is really great, don't have to be native to tell. In W2 you have to d/l the language pack, and select it from the drop down menu before the game launches. W1 it's in the options, but you have to manually change it each time you play.

codhand

I had a friend who emailed CD Projekt asking if he could visit the studio, and they allowed him too, but were super paranoid when he wanted to take a picture. This was about a year ago, now I know why.

LrI0l.jpg

I know it's blurry as hell, but that just made his story about them being over cautious even funnier.

i-Lo

Not sure, Polish sounds so strange to me that they could do anything for the animation and I wouldn't know if it was accurate or not.

Here's a clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e8muIM0kjY

Thanks mate. Would be interesting to see how far they can take facial animation in 2077, given my criticism of their current efforts leaving something to be desired in the eye area. The higher the graphical fidelity the more the little things stand out.

meta4

Thanks mate. Would be interesting to see how far they can take facial animation in 2077, given my criticism of their current efforts leaving something to be desired in the eye area. The higher the graphical fidelity the more the little things stand out.

Yeah that would be my wish to. It seems to be so hard to get the eye right. I have to try this in polish now. I remember playing KZ2 in German with subs and being blown away and feeling that much more immersed for some reason. I bet this will feel somehow better playing it in polish as well.

i-Lo

I'm guessing it's called Night City because it will always be night. Which is a good idea if it's a next-gen game, because they'll be able to go crazy with dynamic lights and rain/reflection, which is a must for cyber-punk.

edit: Of course this image is from a CG trailer.

True, in keeping with the theme and soul of cyberpunk, it's is best done at night. I think much like Hengsha, the sky is blocked by something or they could even be in a large underground cavern.

Perkel

Banned
Is the lip sync animation done with polish speech in mind?

yes, also Polish VO is absolutely mindblowing. You should all play it with subs.

True, in keeping with the theme and soul of cyberpunk, it's is best done at night. I think much like Hengsha, the sky is blocked by something or they could even be in a large underground cavern.

Night City is place in world of cyberpunk same as Los angeles. It's default starting point in almost any campain.

CiSTM

Banned
I know they probably won't go with the 80's glam rock look and it is bit sad. On the other hand every art piece I have seen looks great. Cyberpunk is only Pen & Paper game I have liked. I have insane mountain of rule/item/story/backstory -books about Cyberpunk2020 so my expectations are high. I know it's going to be released for consoles too and I'm expecting some "dumbing down" but I hope it still has strong RPG feel to it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I hate it when they make futuristic time so close to our time. 2077 is what, about 64 years from now? Yeah, lazers and space cars in 60 years.

64 years before Apollo 11 was 1905. I'm sure the thought of spaceships and moon landings within 60 years sounded ludicrous then as well considering this was cutting edge:

Wright_Flyer_III_above.jpg

64 years before Apollo 11 was 1905. I'm sure the thought of spaceships and moon landings within 60 years sounded ludicrous then as well considering this was cutting edge:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/Wright_Flyer_III_above.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Eh I dunno, it's already been 44 years since Apollo 11, and my Dad still complains about the lack of flying cars and moon colonies.

I think really he's bummed because he thought we'd have been on Mars by 1990 back when he was a teenager, now he knows he won't live to see someone even land there.

I'm not behind the whole flying car deal myself. I've seen what a drunk can do in one that stays on the ground.

Interested to know how it's story wise with the PnP,
I thought that there was no certitude about the date after the events between Cyberpunk 2020 and 203X

Wright_Flyer_III_above.jpg

Appolo made in 10 years what we did in 50. It was trully amazing and still to date the biggest scientifical, technological and industrial project and accopmishement in human history.

I wish we could have another one in our life time. Looking back and see how humanity rose from this decacde, is just incredible.

Let's walk on mars by the end of 2030 people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom