• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub build shows improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and while I had been staring at the visuals for so long .. one thing escaped me completely.

THAT ENGINE SOUND IS FANTASTIC!

btw this looked very 60fps smooth ...

Just saw the vid on Vita and it looks amazing!

Is it just me or is the aa a lot better too? Can't really tell on the small screen.

I also see motion blur and it looks hq. Really superb stuff

Looks like the hard shadows are gone too and the lod looks a lot better

Kane1345

WOW. That delay really did this game alot of good. That lighting is incredible, added with the sound and collision, it looks fantastic. This is the next gen racing I was after. Can't wait to see more.

LCfiner

It’s only a small snippet, but I love the natural look of this game. Can’t wait to see the full race vid with the improved lighting engine.

(also good to hear the rear mirrors are getting tweaked. that aspect of driving games always looks fake-ish. like video screens instead of mirrors)

Just saw the vid on Vita and it looks amazing!

Is it just me or is the aa a lot better too? Can't really tell on the small screen.

The facebook compression is pure shit, and also we can't see the one area where AA was really lacking in the last vid we saw (the back spoiler of our car).

But yeah, not much aliasing to be seen if any at all in my eyes.

ItIsOkBro

Whole video in gif:

L2c6P7.gif

I freakin' love that you can see the car on the left skidding out, then he hits you, and your window cracked. Movie-like, honestly.

jett

D-Member
Man that snippet of information only reveals how early this game was. Evolution must've been killing themselves over trying to meet the launch date. I hope they can get weather effects on this sunnavabitch by the time it's released. The 60fps dream may still be alive even! :p

Not exactly sure why, but this short video has made me more interested in the game than anything released prior to it. Didn't dislike it before but it just wasn't taking much of a priority compared to other titles.

Any comments on the motion blur? It looks really high quality.

Better lod
Soft shadows
Hq motion blur
Cars on sceeen

Improvements everywhere :O

Not exactly sure why, but this short video has made me more interested in the game than anything released prior to it. Didn't dislike it before but it just wasn't taking much of a priority compared to other titles.

Head to head racing just instantly comes off more intense in videos than time trials. Time trials can be very intense though when you are driving yourself.

Yep, it looks fantastic now. This looks just as good as that initial reveal, if not better. The lighting looks glorious, and these are easily the best environments of any racing game. What a view.

Reminds me of the motion blur in forza 5's replay mode. I love hq motion blur. That looks amazinnnggg

Hmm the topic title is really bad, can an admin plz fix it? The upgrades look really amazing imo

Change it to - New DriveClub build shows improvements

Salex_

Hopefully they delayed it so they can wait for the mainstream public to realize that hashtags are stupid and annoying so they can justify dropping it from the title.

You realize that's just for marketing on twitter, right? The official title doesn't have the hashtag.

benzy

Not yet. But honestly, if the game ends up consistently looking at least this good, I don't have any problem with 30fps.

Yeah, I don't mind 30fps either, just wondering. With the high quality motion blur I'm doubting 60fps is the target now though.

GameSeeker

Driveclub continues to look better and better every time we see it. While delays are never fun, I think it will be well worth the wait.

I'm impressed that they are continuing to improve the lighting. Driveclub already had very good lighting, as we have seen in previous videos. I'm hoping they also continue to improve the AA. Excellent AA (vs. just good AA) can make a huge difference to perceived image quality.

Keep up the good work Rushy and Evolution. A big thank you for keeping us informed of your progress. It's rare for studios do that and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom