• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World 2011 8-10 Jan [Update: neoGAF geekin' out to quality game music]

EatChildren said:
Mario Kart looks really good in my opinion. Very clean graphics and good use of bump mapping. Those volumetric clouds look nice too.

Seeing the clouds in 3D is really crazy, they really nailed the effect with that moment.

OK, so I just got to listen to the music. At first I laughed at all of you since it couldn't be that good. Now I've heard it and I'm wonderring how I can move these guys into my condo. I have an 5 m^2 master bed room that is currently my cats executive wash room. So I'm thinking I could move these guys there (bathroom adjacent) and listen to their beyond awesome music 24 hours a day.

My cats would deal.

EDIT: I haven't cleared this idea with my cats.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
How was the battle mode in the DS Mario Kart????

They seem to fuck it up in every version since the N64 one but I remember it possibly not the case with the DS one.

Or maybe the other portable one, not sure.
Battle Mode was awesome in DoubleDash on Gamecube, but is sucked in the Wii Mario Kart.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
EatChildren said:
Mario Kart looks really good in my opinion. Very clean graphics and good use of bump mapping. Those volumetric clouds look nice too.

Yeah, same here. The shadows are nice too. Overall I like the sense of density, what with the clouds and cherry blossom petals. MKWii looked mainly functional, if colourful, but this one genuinely looks pretty.

Neuromancer said:
Awesome thanks! Will download as soon as I can. How'd the sound quality come across?.

I find it good enough, but i my headphones are not top notch...

but the original source had to be excellent , but this was taken from youtube.

Poyunch

I dunno I found this pretty funny.
mX0DS.png

Nq0XU.png

Rich!

Rekubot said:

Yes. Heh.

We've been told where I work by management to expect no more than £200, with a likely price of £179.99.

£300 is just below the price of a PS3 (£220) and a 360 4GB (£140) put together! :lol

Think about it. If Zaavi advertise the console as £150 in preorders, and it comes out as something like £200, it'll be far worse than the other way round. Remember, gamestop have it as $999.99 on their systems!

Rich!

AceBandage said:
Which would be about $270 USD.

Which is what a lot of people are expecting. Which apparently is quite expensive in the USA.

But £179.99 in the UK is sweet. Not unreasonable at all - the DSi XL was £150 at launch!

Wizpig

Sadist said:
Around the € 200 - 229 area. Oh that would be sweet.
Yeah, since I'm expecting (from months, actually) € 250 in Italy.

If it's more, i will kill Iwata; 250 is already the same price the Wii had in Europe. (and this answers your question i believe)
If it's less, day-one!

Rekubot

richisawesome said:
Which is what a lot of people are expecting. Which apparently is quite expensive in the USA.

But £179.99 in the UK is sweet. Not unreasonable at all - the DSi XL was £150 at launch!
Yep, £180 is good enough for me. :D Looks like all TheHut websites (ShopLoveFilm, SendIt, TheHut and Zavvi) have made the Red 3DS available for pre-order, for delivery on March 25th. Probably placeholder as well, but I don't know how reputable TheHut is when it comes to this sort of thing.

Edit: also in blue and black:

http://www.zavvi.com/games/consoles/nintendo-3ds-console-black/10300670.html
http://www.zavvi.com/games/consoles/nintendo-3ds-console-blue/10300671.html

Rich!

Rekubot said:
Yep, £180 is good enough for me. :D Looks like all TheHut websites have made the Red 3DS available for pre-order, for delivery on March 25th. Probably placeholder as well, but I don't know how reputable TheHut is when it comes to this sort of thing.

March 25th is our placeholder date too.

Makes sense due to the other releases around the same time. It's a Friday too, and it's just before the end of the fiscal year. It has to be the 25th at the very latest, due to it being the last friday of the month! (console releases on fridays in the uk).

gimz

Mario Kart looks so amazing, now i hope they only keep it simple, less characters, and less fancy, 8 to 12 characters of choice

and starfox totally bring back memories of playing Starfox 64!!

Nintendo should try to port Goldeneye 64 back on 3DS!!

D-Pad

VOOK said:
Now that I'm back in good old bogan filled Australia, our mpressions are up;

Kid Icarus Uprising <-- Left Handed impressions

Firstly, thank you!

Secondly, FUUUU--.gif. I have a feeling Kid Icarus isn't going to be the only game causing problems for lefties, either. Worst part is that there really isn't anything they can do about it, lest they have players flip the device upside down. :(

MNC

AceBandage said:
Which would be about $270 USD.
Eh...

Wii: (without exchange rate logics)
£190
€250
$250

With the logic of ACTUAL exchange rates (which never holds up since $ = € somehow)

3DS
£300
€350!
$470!!

You don't want that.

Top Bottom