• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls headed for Japanese arcades

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Source: http://via.me/-ca2vmkk -- Title is in Japanese, third from the top of the last section. The game will be part of the Nesica system, similar to Blazblue, etc.

Miscellaneous note: Guilty Gear Xrd will be using Sega's ALL.NET service, but that's not surprising since the game is published by Sega.

Orayn

I'd love to see the cab once it's out. Think it'll be a Vewlix maybe?

Releasing with crowd funded characters or not?

Even if it's not, it should be trivial to update since it's on a modern Windows-based platform like the Type X.

Moonlight

Banned
All the more quarters to go towards/speed up the development of glorious Annie, Feng and Black Dahila. ;)
You've done warmed my heart. :')

Really excited to hear about this, in any case. Hopefully it'll take off in arcades as well (or even better) as it apparently did digitally in Japan.

rrs

That's fine, because Japan's really the only market where Arcades still work.

Arcades still do well in highly populated areas, even in the US. Even where arcades don't exist for legal reasons, cybercafes fill in the gap as a place for gaming.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
How does this Nesica system work?

For arcade operators, Nesica lets them hold multiple games in a single cabinet. Customers can just press a button to switch games. The Nesica IC card stores data for all supported titles too.

Chances are very slim but I really hope my arcade somehow gets one of these if it's even possible.

All the more quarters to go towards/speed up the development of glorious Annie, Feng and Black Dahila. ;)

As much as I'd love that trio, funds would very likely go towards Umbrella and Marie rather than Annie and Feng because of canon story reasons.

tumblr_many2uOzZx1rc5hfyo1_500_zpse2f75a22.gif

El Sloth

Banned
Oh, damn. I remember Ravidrath wistfully hoping for this back during the pre-release threads.

Grats for making it happen, fellas.

Maybe we'll see Skullgirls at the next GodsGarden event? SBO?

Is absolutely impossible to see any NESiCA game outside Japan: It's a network system who works ONLY in Japan and you cannot buy the cabinet/PCB, Taito uses a monthy rent system and 30% of every credit is for Taito.

Oh, damn. I remember Ravidrath wistfully hoping for this back during the pre-release threads.

Grats for making it happen, fellas.

Maybe we'll see Skullgirls at the next GodsGarden event? SBO?
We may see even more happy Wipplers at this rate.
And no non-asian ever had a chance in a Skullgirls tournment ever again
West coast will be fine. Don't know about the Midwest or East coast.

Africa got this on lock with Ciscokid lol.

Ravidrath

We are stupidly excited for this, just because I can't think of a single other non-Japanese dev that can say they have a game out in Japanese arcades.

TDLink

We are stupidly excited for this, just because I can't think of a single other non-Japanese dev that can say they have a game out in Japanese arcades.

Huge congrats. This is really big news.

Will you be waiting for the 5 crowd funded characters before releasing this or will they be updated in later like the other versions?

Ravidrath

Huge congrats. This is really big news.

Will you be waiting for the 5 crowd funded characters before releasing this or will they be updated in later like the other versions?

Should be out as soon as possible, and will be receiving the new characters via updates.

Still working a lot of this stuff out - we're not doing the port ourselves, but a Japanese dev is. But I think the magazine image might be a leak? So not sure if I can confirm the developer or not.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

Big kudos to you!

PS: Where's the Keikaku avatar?

I am really happy for you too, but... do you think there is at least a slim possibility to publish the game on Type-X2? it is a real shame that USA Arcade scene and the rest of the world will lost this chance. I am going to become an Arcade owner in two more years and believe me, i will be the first guy in buy a Skullgirls PCB/cabinet if there is a chance.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Im PRETTY EXCITED!

Some of my games have been out in Japan, but a fighting game? In a Japanese arcade? OMGGGGGGG

Top Bottom