• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Mafia III |OT| An Amazing Alien Abduction Adventure

cHX06Jz.gif

ALL ABOARD, LET'S GO!

The Official Gafia Heart of Darkness Mark I departed on its journey across the perilous Solar System. What horrors lie in wait for this elite group of GAFia All-Stars? Already many light-years away from the little blue planet, the group had no choice but to find out.

From somewhere deep within the belly of the strange alien spaceship, a familiar sound of a tv set could be heard. That strange spider creature was probably watching The Princess Bride:
"I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me."

Another passenger in another room, proclaimed loudly, "I fucking love this movie!"

They suddenly ran at full sprint, screaming as they did so, "MY NAME IS GUILLERMO DEL TORO! YOU KILLED MY FATHER, PREPARE TO DIE!"

The next audible sound was a very loud thump, followed by the excited cackling of the spider creature.

"Look, lunch!"

Obviously, the screaming person had died, again.

The alien voice came from the monitor. Audio only, “Meh. Not that tasty. Maybe one of the new comers will be yummier. Like that Innocent Child, CCS... mmm, he sure seems edible :D"

Town Innocent Child

Welcome, CCS, you are a Town Innocent Child.

Abilities:

At the start of Day 1, the moderator of the game will announce you as an Innocent Child, confirming you as town.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

A long and uncomfortable period passed in which the spider consumed their lunch at a leisurely pace. They seemed to suddenly noticed the mic was on and cleared their throat sheepishly, saying, "Day 1 has now begun. Good luck! You’ll need it.”

The screen remained dead.

Day 1 begins

DAY 1 HAS STARTED. DAY 1 WILL END:
gra_1486591200.png

Gorlak

Banned
In Mini 2 we had an innocent child as well, will go back and look for some mathematics.

Squid remember to not lynch me for some bullshit, last time didn't work so well, didn't it?

Speaking of:

vote: batsnacks

I'll never forget.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Using my corgi detective powers I've immediately confirmed CCS as town. Don't ask me how I know, I just do. You won't get a claim out of me.

Vote: squidyj

I'm most familiar with his playstyle out of our roster so his D1 reaction will give me the most information about his alignment.

CCS

Banned
A few people I've never played with before in this game.

Kawl's going to be devastated not to be able to lead a wagon on me ;)

Ourobolus

Banned
In Mini 2 we had an innocent child as well, will go back and look for some mathematics.

Squid remember to not lynch me for some bullshit, last time didn't work so well, didn't it?

Speaking of:

I'll never forget.

Vote: Gorlak

Not voting for me this time?

Kyanrute

perilous journey across the solar system

already multiple light years away

hey all do we have someone here who knows how to drive this thing, i think the spider is drunk

CCS

Banned
perilous journey across the solar system

already multiple light years away

hey all do we have someone here who knows how to drive this thing, i think the spider is drunk

I can drive it, a child is about the same size as a smol spider.

batsnacks

Speaking of:

I'll never forget.

you were pretty excited to play this game like 30 minutes ago, now you'd rather go back to playing Vampire Mafia?

Vote: Gorlak

CCS

Banned
Also, main thing to remember about me is that I'm batting pretty much zero on successful scum reads. Basically, I'm so bad at finding scum that you should probably lynch my town reads instead :p

Gorlak

Banned

Actual footage of abduction spreading through the news.

Does this mean squid was abducted? Is he an alien? Corgi will find out!

---
YES I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO ACTUALLY PLAY VAMPIRE YOU SCUMMY FUCK
nobody even cared and town died in despair

---
Who is this Oreo guy?

squidyj

Before we get down rabbit holes, for anyone who hasn't considered you should try to be very aware about what your specific role might mean about the game we are actually occupying. This doesn't mean claim or soft your fucking role though. don't do that.

Lets say I'm Vanilla Town for example. Well we know we have an odd number of M that is greater than 0 so we can eliminate CDVBMMM as a possibility.

It's especially important to know this stuff and the probabilities of certain roles as we go on and get more information.

CzarTim

Before we get down rabbit holes, for anyone who hasn't considered you should try to be very aware about what your specific role might mean about the game we are actually occupying. This doesn't mean claim or soft your fucking role though. don't do that.

Lets say I'm Vanilla Town for example. Well we know we have an odd number of M that is greater than 0 so we can eliminate CDVBMMM as a possibility.

It's especially important to know this stuff and the probabilities of certain roles as we go on and get more information.
Smh that you didn't pre type this and post right at game start.

Gorlak

Banned
but than again I remember to have misunderstood something at the beginning and we ended up with two scum and a sk? ah, I don't know. better to not trust past gorlak

---
so how is your day bats?

CCS

Banned

I'm sorry, first Mini game. I'm confused by what all those letters mean, can someone explain?

Gorlak

Banned
Actually it is up for debate?
pro: we give a possible cop a safe way to announce his results, which we can check upon his death

con: we help scum to find a possible cop by eliminating people from the list of possible cops because they gave out wrong reads

That was about it, right?

Haly

I reread the wiki to check and is this a mistype? Because it seems to me spoder rolled either M (one innocent child) or MMM (two masons, one innocent child).

Mason Roles
M = Innocent Child (Confirmed at start of Day 1 by mod)
MMM = 2 Masons + Innocent Child

squidyj

Using my corgi detective powers I've immediately confirmed CCS as town. Don't ask me how I know, I just do. You won't get a claim out of me.

Vote: squidyj

I'm most familiar with his playstyle out of our roster so his D1 reaction will give me the most information about his alignment.

Are you scum? You have to tell me if you're scum. I'm the cop =D.

Kawl_USC

Peek or die.

Not peaking is some baby back bull shit.

About to head to softball.

Will read the fun you cats stir up while I'm gone and probably move my vote off ccs.

Worst inno child ever. Not like this yn not like this.

batsnacks

My vote is for real BTW in all the games I've played with town Gorlak he is solving immediately, here he wants to focus on past games where he was town and mechanics that don't matter yet.

Haly

I've never seen peeking, it was suggested in OW (or was it Pop) but didn't take off.

Still it's probably riskier with this smaller pool of players? Is that how it works?

Gorlak

Banned
as we have 48 hours, maybe we can keep the peeking discussion short? how about we get a stance from everyone in their next post (yay | nay)

"Yay"

Gorlak

Banned
My vote is for real BTW in all the games I've played with town Gorlak he is solving immediately, here he wants to focus on past games where he was town and mechanics that don't matter yet.

bats your breaking my balls. if you've ever paid attention to how I start games, you'd see there is no pattern d1

Top Bottom