• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MoviePass (Unlimited Films in Theaters) Drops to $9.95 a Month

what if the $10 promotional deal ends in a month before you sign up?

mQJF9e.gif

we all got played

Arttemis

You are getting access to roughly 8-10 new films a month for less than 10 dollars a month... (assuming you have already seen everything else you wanted to throughout the year) and you are complaining about not being able to use it to see the same movie more than once at the theater?
Their Twitter is saying that they are removing / have removed that restriction. I had moviepass for a year and a half, and yeah, that restriction did suck even with the plethora of options... Luckily, there were work arounds, but that's no longer necessary.

what if the $10 promotional deal ends in a month before you sign up?
They promised at least a year of $10/mo. Even if it goes back up to $35/mo, I'll likely keep so long as they keep the ability to watch the game movie multiple times.

lush

MI41OEP.jpg

If thats true and nobody (afaik) has received their "Your card has shipped" email I guess its gonna be at least another week, probably :(

Man, I was kind of hoping this wasn't the case. Still crossing my fingers that due to the volume of card requests and the servers still being shaky atp that the email is delayed and/or they're shipping out today.

gatti-man

There's no upcharge for Atmos or premium seating in Cincinnati. The only upcharge is for 3D and LIEMAX (we don't have a real IMAX). I don't go to 3D or LIEMAX screenings so MoviePass literally covers 100% of all screenings in all auditoriums that I would ever go see.

Even if AMC manages to block this, they don't have any exclusive screenings here so that's not really a concern to me either.

That's all I meant by premium is upcharge tickets.

crustikid

MI41OEP.jpg

If thats true and nobody (afaik) has received their "Your card has shipped" email I guess its gonna be at least another week, probably :(

Only email I received was a "welcome to movie pass" email that didn't even fully load up. Signed up within hours from when this thread was created.

kaskade

I use the usps informed app to track packages. My card will be here today! Unless it’s some other piece of mail from them which I doubt. I’m so excited.

Also, never received a shipment email or anything from them.

That's all I meant by premium is upcharge tickets.

If moviepass succeeds and they are paying the full ticket price, seems like it could just influence theaters to all just raise their prices really. If there is a huge surge in moviepass users coming to a theater..... why not raise your prices? Moviepass is paying the full price of the ticket. Kinda seems like the theater chains can screw over Moviepass if they want too

I use the usps informed app to track packages. My card will be here today! Unless it’s some other piece of mail from them which I doubt. I’m so excited.

Oh, keep us updated because then that means mine should be here soon af

weshes195

Is that the normal USPS app? Don't you have to put a tracking number to see your package?

The Llama

Awesome! Didn't see it in my informed delivery app but hopefully means everyone will be getting theirs this week. Mind sharing where in the country you are?

Haha all that app does is show me mail I never get. Checks, junk, you name it. Pictures in app, nothing in box. USPS is no help either. Hoping it actually comes through because I got the image today too, as did my SO.

Also since people have asked: NYC, never got any emails from them. Not even when signing up.

kaskade

Is that the normal USPS app? Don't you have to put a tracking number to see your package?

Not too long ago they added a section and it shows you your more traditional pieces of mail like envelopes and stuff without tracking numbers. They must photograph all the mail as it goes through sorting and shows it in the app.

Nothing from them in my Informed Delivery today, rats.

Did you ever get an email saying your card was on the way?

Plasmid

Signed up last week, paid for my subscription but i don't have any kind of card # information, as well as i'm unable to sign up for e-tickets. I'm guessing this is happening to everyone who signed up recently?

Bookoo

Signed up last week, paid for my subscription but i don't have any kind of card # information, as well as i'm unable to sign up for e-tickets. I'm guessing this is happening to everyone who signed up recently?

Yea, they said you had to wait for the card to come before activating.

DOWN

Banned

They promised at least a year of $10/mo. Even if it goes back up to $35/mo, I'll likely keep so long as they keep the ability to watch the game movie multiple times.
That doesn’t address his question. They promised new sign ups will hold the $10 price for a year. They are not promising that people who sign up any time during the next 12 months will also get to come in at $10. The price can and likely will go up for new sign ups

That doesn’t address his question. They promised new sign ups will hold the $10 price for a year. They are not promising that people who sign up any time during the next 12 months will also get to come in at $10. The price can and likely will go up for new sign ups

Exactly.

If you want the $10 price, sign up now. The press release even said capacity was limited.

CyReN

Running into issues again, tried e-ticketing for MJR today and it's not working. MJR say it isn't them, it worked on Saturday. Uhhhh

rjinaz

Card is here!!

Came in a square envelope with moviepass right on it so it's no mystery as to what it is.

So what's the next step? If I go to movie pass card under the app all I get is "No reviews available". How do you connect the card to your account?

So what's the next step? If I go to movie pass card under the app all I get is "No reviews available". How do you connect the card to your account?

I think you have to be near a movie theater for everything to start kicking into gear? Im not sure though.

Goddamn it I'm gonna revert this week to my 7 year old self, running to the mailbox every 5 minutes hoping that TODAY is the day that my megablox car I got from eating two boxes of cereal MoviePass card arrives

Whoever does get your card, please go into excruciating detail on what you did with it once you got it and how it was linking it and using it with MoviePass. I need to live through you.

carlos

So if I have no participating theaters near me, I shouldn't even activate the free trial right?
having the physical card wont change anything?

Skeletron

Has anyone gotten the Paypal checkout button to work at all??

In both Chrome or Firefox it just pops up with a loading icon then disappears.

This thread not only got me MoviePass but also got me signed up for InformedDelivery

#blessed

This USPS app is one of the most privacy-invasive apps I've ever tried to use. They accessed my credit report and wanted me to answer questions about my (wife's) car loan. I tried again later and it asked me questions about my mortgage.

This USPS app is one of the most privacy-invasive apps I've ever tried to use. They accessed my credit report and wanted me to answer questions about my (wife's) car loan. I tried again later and it asked me questions about my mortgage.

Lol. Have you ever had to verify your identity before? This is the same test that they use when signing up for utilities, among other things.

Would you prefer they show your mail to a random person who says they live at your address?

Top Bottom