• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENSHIN!! Official Tokusatsu Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just watched the ghost ship movie.

Was pretty down on it until the last 10 min or so. A well choreographed and edited fight in toku? Crazy! Also we really need more 1 v 1 marvelous duels. Great stuff!

And the completely unnecessary cg mecha fight was pretty great. I gotta love how apparently a mecha that can transform into a flying ship that is capable of interstellar travel can 'fall to it's death'.

Good stuff.

Slayven

just watched the ghost ship movie.

Was pretty down on it until the last 10 min or so. A well choreographed and edited fight in toku? Crazy! Also we really need more 1 v 1 marvelous duels. Great stuff!

And the completely unnecessary cg mecha fight was pretty great. I gotta love how apparently a mecha that can transform into a flying ship that is capable of interstellar travel can 'fall to it's death'.

Good stuff.

Well it has been consistent in that regard, in the series it couldn't fly in megazord mode with out the Goranger's greastest power.

Wiseblade

Well it has been consistent in that regard, in the series it couldn't fly in megazord mode with out the Goranger's greastest power.

Yeah, but whose genius idea was it to build a flying, transforming pirate ship that can't fly and fight at the same time?

WillyFive

So...Go-Busters is bombing in ratings.

You know those disappointing Gokaiger ratings? Go-Busters is getting half that.

Is Sentai doomed?

vareon

So...Go-Busters is bombing in ratings.

You know those disappointing Gokaiger ratings? Go-Busters is getting half that.

Is Sentai doomed?

Let's wait for merchandise sales before we call doom. If it fails maybe they'll go the Hibiki route. Or worse, Nexus.

Or it could transform back into pirate ship mode...

wait...

fuck that.

The whole gattai sequence of gokaioh takes place on the fucking moon and then it FLIES back to earth.

So yeah. Gokaioh should be able to fly ;P

Slayven

it's because of all those power rangers references that are alienating all the kids

I don't know about the kids but I don't feel a connection with any of the characters. And the buddyroids have all the weakness of imjains and none of the charm.

huh. Civilians about during mecha fight? What is this gogoV?

Haven't seen the toys yet... but do the 3 mecha gattai?

And why are the designs of stuff crossing into Rider stuff? The red bike is pretty much a goofy Accel... those giant mooks are pretty much knockoff Fourze magnet form lol.

And garo. Sigma gets a new hand... Metal Gear?

And the whole A-Team gathering at the end. All they need is the bitchy staff makai knight to make it the complete set of incompetents (well Jabbi magically turned super badass season 2).

Is Sentai doomed?

Maybe that's why we're seeing them get a bit crazy with Akibaranger. Gives them a new direction to take things in if that picks up and Busters tanks.

I doubt we'll see any major changes anytime soon if the toy sales keep up, though. Those're every bit as important as the TV ratings.

WillyFive

I don't know about the kids but I don't feel a connection with any of the characters. And the buddyroids have all the weakness of imjains and none of the charm.

I really loved the connection between Red and Yellow this past episode, felt special. Of course, it all depends if they actually keep it going, but it's a good start.

And yeah, the Buddyroids are kinda weak so far; the only interesting one is the bunny with the man's voice.

Also, a website dedicated to the number of glasses the Go-Busters have thrown away.

I really loved the connection between Red and Yellow this past episode, felt special. Of course, it all depends if they actually keep it going, but it's a good start.

And yeah, the Buddyroids are kinda weak so far; the only interesting one is the bunny with the man's voice.

Also, a website dedicated to the number of glasses the Go-Busters have thrown away.

lol something i noticed since the premiere ;P

And am I the only one who finds it super adorable that Yellow pilots her helicopter using the ears of her bunny??

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's kinda sad really, because GoBusters so far is giving me a good impression. I just hope they don't change the program all of a sudden.

Anyways... who'd have thought Gentarou would net women!

Wiseblade

iT4Cy8WDrxc5r.gif

IRRESISTIBLE

Boss Doggie

I'm not in the USA but it was aired here, both original and the "sequel". Never clicked on me.

Also why is Yellow Buster tsundere

Boss Doggie

I just snickered at the realization that GoBuster is pretty much RPM in meta-level, what with having the least ratings in Sentai so far.

WillyFive

I just snickered at the realization that GoBuster is pretty much RPM in meta-level, what with having the least ratings in Sentai so far.

Yeah.

We'll see where the show goes. Hopefully we don't have to deal with a lot of rewrites to scramble to get back the audience, like Ohranger did.

Sure, Ohranger had to deal with a horrendous terrorist attack, but Go-Busters has to deal with Pokemon. Both require panic modes.

Slayven

Yeah.

We'll see where the show goes. Hopefully we don't have to deal with a lot of rewrites to scramble to get back the audience, like Ohranger did.

Sure, Ohranger had to deal with a horrendous terrorist attack, but Go-Busters has to deal with Pokemon. Both require panic modes.

From the little I seen of Ohranger, I loved mangry Ohred.

Boss Doggie

Yeah, the subdued roll-call, the quick transformation, well-explained shit that reeks of Dr. K levels of explanation... Man, I hope it won't turn into Go-onger level shit halfway through.

Takao

Banned
I'm not sure if this really fits here, but they are costumed fighters. The Aquabats Super Show's first episode aired on Saturday and it's amazing, haha. You know you're in for a good run when the episode ends in a song called "Hamburger Rain".

Big One

Banned
So the other day I watched the first episode of Gobusters and I must say that they really going all out with the Power Ranger references here. Outside of the obvious "It's Morphing Time!" and the "Zords" there's also:

1. The henshin sequence. It's definitely a call back to Jungle Fury, but it's possible that it also could be a call back to the fact that the MMPR movie was originally going to feature the rangers w/o visors. Then again, there are a few sentai where the visors are shown briefly off, but it's still a rare thing to see.

2. The whole plot screams RPM to me. It takes place in the future, a virus is the main villain, etc. etc. Instead of being an apocalyptic future, it's a near-future setting similar to SPD. The only series to take place in a future-setting in SS is Timeranger and that's only a very small portion of that series. Ohranger takes place in 1999, and Gokaiger takes place a couple of years after Goseiger, but I don't consider those to be a future-type settings.

I'm really curious if there's going to be other references. Maybe the sixth ranger will end up being a green/white ranger combo, perhaps? Maybe the virus will materialize into a sentai version of Lord Zedd. One can only hope that at least someone is properly celebrating Power Rangers.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'm really curious if there's going to be other references. Maybe the sixth ranger will end up being a green/white ranger combo, perhaps? Maybe the virus will materialize into a sentai version of Lord Zedd. One can only hope that at least someone is properly celebrating Power Rangers.

it would be nice if the sixth(if there even is one) would be a reference to the titanium ranger. the first non sentai ranger used in footage.

WillyFive

The sixth is never in for the newbie team in VS movies. They will have him do a cameo at the end.

The Go-On Wings made it for VS. Gekiranger, and GoseiKnight for VS. Shinkenger, but oh well.

I really dislike it when teams don't have the same number of members in VS. movies. It looks wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom