• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Drencrom

Looks like a nice cosmetics update, having Classic Mode as a permanent playlist is very welcome!
They're most likely saving gameplay content like maps and such for the release of Lost Legacy.

Looks like a nice cosmetics update, having Classic Mode as a permanent playlist is very welcome!
They're most likely saving gameplay content like maps and such for the release of Lost Legacy.
If the update is really big, then perhaps it might contain some LL maps as well.

edit: The update is up!

It's ~1.5GB...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Multiplayer Balance/Bug Fixes

Increased loadout point cost of Weapons Expert (PvP) and Enhanced Radar (Survival) by 1 point on all levels
Movement speed while hip firing reduced
Fixed an issue where players were not following their parties into matchmaking
Fixed an issue that caused players to become invisible
Fixed an issue where qualifier descriptions were being cut off
Fixed a bug where players were respawning twice in King of the Hill
Fixed various issue with King of the Hill in Cinema
Fixed an issue with capture and neutralize status getting out of sync between players
Fixed various level exploits
Patch notes.

Dundar

Incredible it took them 1 year to have classic mode in the game. It was doable day one with the modifier for private matches. The current form is well polished and all, but..... 1 year? Damn, ND.
Anyway, did a match, had a blast. Glad to be back, I hope TLL will bring some fresh blood.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This matchmaking can seriously fuck off. My god. I can't even enjoy this game tonight because everyone on my team are fucking useless players. But let's face off against decent players. Smfh. Tired of this. ND punishes solo players so bad in this game most of the time. 😐

Drencrom

This matchmaking can seriously fuck off. My god. I can't even enjoy this game tonight because everyone on my team are fucking useless players. But let's face off against decent players. Smfh. Tired of this. ND punishes solo players so bad in this game most of the time. 😐

Me and a friend quite regularly joke about how we're basically cursed to carry teams of novices and trash players for eternity in MP when we play lol

So cinema mode is gone?
It was a buggy mess and barely anyone used it, so they probably removed it.

I still don't understand why UC2 MP cinema was flawless with only 256MB of RAM and now that we have 8GB of RAM it's a lot worse... it kinda proves that specs mean nothing without proper coding.

Is there any reason why my 1.25 update is 14GB? Or is this update supposed to be this big?
If you go from 1.24 to 1.25 it downloads a delta update, otherwise it downloads the entire update.

I cant even play any more because theres rarely many oceanic players.
Used to play UC2 with American friends just because there were always players.

test_account

XP-39C²
"Buys DLC Gameplay Chest, get a new booster saying no knockdown from explosives! Then realizing that its for Survival Mode only" :(

Almost Naughty Dog, almost. Getting stunned/knocked down from explosives is hands down my most annoying peevee in multiplayer.

Although to be perfectly honest, seeing that the booster requires 4 LP, i'm not sure if i would have used it anyway, at least not full time. While getting stunned by explosives can be annoying, it doesnt happen enough to me wanting to change my current loadout.

For anyone who is not into ranked I'd at least try placing right now. I played, lost 2 games and won 1, did pretty shitty (last place in two of the games I think) and still hit Gold 3 somehow and got the gold mask thingamajig. Nice for 3 quick games. Not sure how the ranking decay works or anything, might play one game a month or whatever and hopefully keep gold3 till the season ends.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I like that they increased weapons expert in LP, but find it so fucking STUPID they didn't do the same for Silent Assassin. That booster is still one of the most OP shit in the game. It NEEDS an LP increase.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Woooo, Classic mode is finally here, only a full year late! Stared at the matchmaking screen for seven minutes before finally getting put into a match (had a lot of fun, though, good job with the design of Classic, ND). Hopefully Lost Legacy injects some fresh blood into the playerbase, else I fear the effort will be largely for naught at this stage of the game's life.

Woooo, Classic mode is finally here, only a full year late! Stared at the matchmaking screen for seven minutes before finally getting put into a match (had a lot of fun, though, good job with the design of Classic, ND). Hopefully Lost Legacy injects some fresh blood into the playerbase, else I fear the effort will be largely for naught at this stage of the game's life.

Just like UC3.

By time they acknowledge what players want, the players have all dropped​ the game.

I just booted this up again for the first time in like a year. Had to get used to some stuff again but I was topping the leaderboards again by the time I stopped. What's the hot mode right now? I just played TDM.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I can't tolerate classic mode that much tbh. I don't find it that fun. For me, regular TDM is way better. Bounty Hunter is OK, don't enjoy KOTH at all, Merry Go Round Command takes forever to find a match, and plunder doesn't exist to me in this game.

Mediking

I know the P90 is a crazy gun but there's another gun with a crazy high firing rate and it just kills you within like 3 seconds. I don't know what it is... but it needs to be nerfed. Lol

WinFonda

i just think all the objective modes suck in U4, and it's pretty tragic because i don't really expect any new ones at this point - but they absolutely should retire plunder and command from public playlists to focus the player base, if nothing else. ideally they would replace them with a new objective based mode that people actually like... but a year after a release, its increasingly less and less likely that this will happen

the gameplay in u4 is great and the shooting is a lot better than U3 and U2, but i put over 1000 hrs in U3 and i've put less than 100 hrs in u4 by comparison... moreover, U4 is a game that has countless more unlockables and earnables, and is always rewarding me for logging in and playing when U3 never did... so I have to ask myself "why"

and the answer, i've concluded, is that the game simply hasn't catered to me. and that's fine i guess. but here's what i mean: in U4, plunder isn't plunder. King of the hill isn't king of the hill. Command isn't turf war... well ok, that one they seemed to have acknowledged with the name change - but the point is still the same. and my all-time favorite mode - Team Objective - is still AWOL.

The one objective mode that i actually kind of like - Bounty Hunter - is more derivative of TLOU interrogation mode than it is any Uncharted mode. It's also a riff of Kill Confirmed from COD and very much a constant slaying based objective, which i find slightly disappointing.

frankly, they've done a bad job at designing modes that i want to play. they took things that weren't broke in u2 and u3 and 'fixed' them. I used to say i wanted Team Objective back in U4, but with how they've bastardized and mashed up all the modes they've brought over... i really don't know if i'd like it even if they did bring it back.

i still hold out hope for what the lost legacy updates might bring to multiplayer, and I will play the game as long as they continue to update it... but it feels weird to say a year after release that my #1 most wanted feature is still new modes.

they absolutely should retire plunder and command from public playlists to focus the player base
Why? They can consolidate the player pool by having all modes into a single playlist and make them votable (RNG is ND's strongest point judging from map selection).

You could argue that TDM would outvote Plunder for example, but how is that different from the current situation? TDM has far more players than Plunder. Plunder is an low populated playlist that only caters to boosters. This segregation is nonsensical for a niche game.

I'm pretty sure they're gonna repeat the same mistakes in TLOU2 MP, because... ND.

I totally see this MP going F2P before the year is over.

Sell all the cosmetics, boost population
Probably not, since UC4 MP is included in Lost Legacy. It should have gone F2P long time ago, not after TLOU2 MP comes out.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The carragan is fucking garbage. The two burst one I ended up enjoying a lot.

Also, nice to know SBMM continues to find me players of my skill level to go against, but gives me the most worthless trash in my team. Good job, ND.

Seems like i was only half right. On top of the -50% sale on UP, they're also doing a double xp event. Would have been great if i hadn't been level 90 for months.

Top Bottom