• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

16tB5UB.jpg

Aw yiss. Nearly there to our hallway. lol

I have one of these too! I think I might be missing the neural sensors to actually make it though.

I've been playing this for the last 3 days and is pretty fun. But I can see it being a bit repetitive. The fact I choosed the Excalibur dosn't help either. Damn you in-game description! :/

Anyway, any gun recomendation to change the MK1-Bretton? The pistol is decent enough, but this one sucks badly.

I've been playing this for the last 3 days and is pretty fun. But I can see it being a bit repetitive. The fact I choosed the Excalibur dosn't help either. Damn you in-game description! :/

Anyway, any gun recomendation to change the MK1-Bretton? The pistol is decent enough, but this one sucks badly.

i got the personally i like the Paris, but after the MK1 i got the regular braton and gonna try the boltor next.

LAntConroy

Neo Member
Does the difficulty change if your playing multiplayer, I m playing solo atm and I am just wondering if there is a difference

Bombless

Trinity really isn't worth much. The whole support thing only matters on mega bosses. The powers are targeted on ennemies and only affect your team when they shoot said target (and since non boss mobs die in seconds it's pointless). It does have the ability to solo said bosses however.

Trinity really isn't worth much. The whole support thing only matters on mega bosses. The powers are targeted on ennemies and only affect your team when they shoot said target (and since non boss mobs die in seconds it's pointless). It does have the ability to solo said bosses however.

A shame. In paper she shounds pretty good. I just want something that isn't just pew-pew or slash-slash...

Bombless

Unfortunately this isn't Mass Effect 3 :(

Every character is defined by it's weapons (and to a much lesser extent their powers). But weapons are paramount (except for Excalibur maybe).

A big post from Steve on their forums.

CLAN SIZE: We're currently thinking of these tiers: Shadow Clan (30 limit), River Clan (100 limit), Mountain Clan (500 limit), Moon Clan (2000 limit). Existing massive clans will likely grandfathered in but there may be upkeep friction for those really crazy sized ones. We will avoid forced splits though. Starting a clan will take some resources. Jumping between clans will be slow to reduce exploits. We need these limits to help bring sanity to database, networking and balance equations. Stay tuned, as we're still working out the details.

CONSTRUCTION COSTS: Sorry about how this turned out, slapping "Alpha" on it was not enough. Soon the size of your clan will affect the crafting costs (duh). To grow a Shadow Clan to a River Clan (and beyond) will require building a new structure to increase the capacity. Connector pieces will be adjusted in cost. Large clans will not feel a ton of difference. It will make all the difference for small ones. This will not be a linear curve, larger group of more active players will be able to build faster but it won't be such a ridiculous gap.

Maybe we should cancel the build on our hallway and opt into the 30-100 player clan size when that hits? If they make this change, we'll be wasting who knows how much resources now.

@Relaxed IMO just go for whatever Warframe you think has the coolest abilities :)

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Maybe we should cancel the build on our hallway and opt into the 30-100 player clan size when that hits? If they make this change, we'll be wasting who knows how much resources now.

Sounds good. Does the donated resources get refunded? Hate for whoever donated the forma to be SOL.

Every character is defined by it's weapons (and to a much lesser extent their powers). But weapons are paramount (except for Excalibur maybe).

Yeah, I thought that once you face more difficult missions, you'll need more strategy and more support abilities. But seems it mostly relies in how hard you can hit, so missions becomes some kind of rush mode gunning down every bad guy.

Welp, is not like I'm close to being able to build a new warframe, so I have time to choose. Maybe I'll go trinity just because I like going against trending things. lol

Dreavus

A big post from Steve on their forums.

@Relaxed IMO just go for whatever Warframe you think has the coolest abilities :)

That's pretty good news for us. No idea how anything would get done with the current building needs.

Volt parts are incoming for me... Very soon I'll need more slots :(

I have been saying this for ages

Vauban has the most hilarious skills. I love it!

Throwing bounce pads on everything is a real hoot, especially under Ancients. They ragdoll into the sky and "play dead" for a bit, so you get to beat their rag doll body around for a while, or until they really die LOL

Flipyap

Thank you!.

Also can you recommend me a good warframe? What do you think of Trinity? I'm on a mood for a support class.
Trinity is a highly situational warframe. It can feel useless if your run easier missions, but it becomes quite indispensable during harder defense missions where health balls are scarce. It's the secret best tank in the game and a source of infinite energy for the whole team during boss/ancient fights.
It's awesome.

But Vauban is the best warframe. Accept no substitutes. #balls

Yeah, this game is actually pretty good.

Trinity is a highly situational warframe. It can feel useless if your run easier missions, but it becomes quite indispensable during harder defense missions where health balls are scarce. It's the secret best tank in the game and a source of infinite energy for the whole team during boss/ancient fights.
It's awesome.

But Vauban is the best warframe. Accept no substitutes. #balls

Thanks, I'm getting Trinity, I only need the last few materials and 3 days(!).

Vauban is the kind of thing that will take me ages. I don't even have all Banshee BP I can't even imagine how much time Vauban can take...unless you buy it. Obviously.

Hot fix!

Here you go, Metalshade

- The Optional Reset is now live again. The team has come up with the following: IF you now contribute to Dojo, you Forfeit Optional Reset. Prompts will inform you of this as you play the game.

derFeef

have not played for weeks/months. Did some matches today solo to level up a bit. I am not sure how the skill system works now, is your character now just defined through the mods and the slots they take?

Flipyap

have not played for weeks/months. Did some matches today solo to level up a bit. I am not sure how the skill system works now, is your character now just defined through the mods and the slots they take?
Kind of? Mods are now used to represent abilities, special properties and stat boosts. Your frame, your weapons and sentinels (and their weapons) all have their own set of 8 mods.
So yeah, it's all about the mods you choose and how you upgrade them, but it's actually much more complex and customizable than the skill trees of yore.

Good games tangmaster flipyap and saavedro.
Really enjoyed it.
Gaf squad is best squad.
Seriously, this was the first day the clan felt like a proper clan. Good stuff.

Here's a mini travelogue from the cool-assed place that is the Void.
Oo yea'.

derFeef

That environment looks bloody fantastic, reminds me of a level in Halo Reach - need to play more apparently :)
Also thanks!

Flipyap

That environment looks bloody fantastic, reminds me of a level in Halo Reach - need to play more apparently :)
Also thanks!
Hmm, I guess the post processing roulette did choose a similar color palette, but (as is the case with all of Warframe's art) there's nothing else that looks like the Orokin tower. Maybe if someone took Bioshock and launched it into space.

But if those Halo art feels are what you're after, then Corpus ice planets should have you covered.
(disregard my pink companion dethcube)

Flipyap

Act I, Part I: "Creation Of The Monster", or "2 Vaubans 1 Rhino, All Balls"

And the Sun God said "Ball me".
And then there was light.

The Rhino was never to be seen again, not directly. Corpses and ball trails, that's all he left behind as he strode through the halls.

New Livestream in 2 days.

Sit down with members of our Level Design Team as they take some questions from the Design Council, plus watch us play some Endless Defense with community members!

Who? Ben, Mitch, Scott, & Rebecca.
What? A Level Design Q&A with questions pulled from our Design Council, then a “Defense Wave Challenge!” Watch Ben + 3 community members and Rebecca + 3 community members put their skills to the test in and Endless Defense mission! Who will make it further?
Where? www.twitch.tv/Warframe!
When? Wednesday, June 5th @ 2 PM EDT!
See you all there!

Flipyap

And so, in a completely unsurprising turn of events (if you were there to watch the devs behave way too secretive on the latest livestream), Warframe is coming to PS4.

Now, what is surprising is the heavy focus on "lore" (them keys) and the cutscene-ish radness of this new trailer: http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/06/04/warframe-is-coming-to-playstation-4

I just wonder if they'll be able to make this beta feel a bit less "pre-alpha" before PS4's launch. I can't really imagine it existing in the console space in its current shape. If I were to put my tin foil hat on, I'd probably bet on the PS4 version receiving additional polish at the cost of falling behind on updates.

Flipyap

That was a pretty awesome trailer.
I wish anything resembling it were to be found anywhere in the game. Those Ocarina of Time-style boss intros (that everyone skips within 0.00000000003 seconds anyway) just won't do after seeing this. There's so much radical art in Warframe, and all of it is designed to be sprinted past for tragically lame loot/rewards.

Dreavus

I wish anything resembling it were to be found anywhere in the game. Those Ocarina of Time-style boss intros (that everyone skips within 0.00000000003 seconds anyway) just won't do after seeing this. There's so much radical art in Warframe, and all of it is designed to be sprinted past for tragically lame loot/rewards.

That entire trailer was cool as hell.

And I agree. I wonder how Warframe would do with a bit of story/cutscenes to mark progression through planets. I can only assume SOMETHING of the sort is on the way, because right now it's all pretty lifeless.

There are the snippets of lore you get from Lotus during a boss mission, but that's about it. It almost seems like the Tenno are the badguys right now (killing the researcher who was making advances in gene repair for the Grineer, for example). The whole thing needs a bit more substance to go on, and if it gets some, I think it could be really cool.

I vaguely remember hearing them talk about a lore system being in the works in livestreams past...

After that trailer I hope U9 is lore update haha

Nice screens, Flip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom