• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's 2012. Why don't we have better toothpaste dispensers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
F5I1cl.jpg

It seems like the toothpaste container technology has been at a standstill since the mid 1800s (just a guess). Why don't they invent better ways of dispensing toothpaste so that the above doesn't happen? The last 20% or so of the tube is spent squeezing different parts of the tube to avoid wasting any toothpaste. And it seems to last like that forever. We have electric and sonic toothbrushes now that charge on contact. Seems like the toothpaste industry needs to play catchup.

It's worse now! Then they had aluminum like squeeze tubes that would stay pressed and roll well. Now they have crappy plastic tubes that just puff back up.

BRUSHING YOUR TEETH IS BAD FOR YOU!

Don't brush your teeth. Don't wash your hair. Don't eat. Don't take showers. Don't drink milk. Don't drink orange juice. You'll die.

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
Viral marketing for Colgate. I'm off to brush my teeth chaps!

joedan

What's wrong with the tube? Seems less wasteful than the others. Both the toothpaste itself and of the packaging. What's the deal here?

Korey

Pfft, just get this.

61efkY5FuAL.jpg

The thing about these (and pushing from the bottom in general) is that it feels awkward. Pushing from the bottom so that something comes out the other end? Awkward.

Also, it's less control so sometimes you'll mess up and push out too much and then what? You have too much toothpaste on your toothbrush.

And instead of making me use ANOTHER tool to solve this problem they should just solve it with more advanced toothpaste dispenser technology than the one we have now from the 1700s.

The thing about these (and pushing from the bottom in general) is that it feels awkward. Pushing from the bottom so that something comes out the other end? Awkward.

Also, it's less control so sometimes you'll mess up and push out too much and then what? You have too much toothpaste on your toothbrush.

And instead of making me use ANOTHER tool to solve this problem they should just solve it with more advanced toothpaste dispenser technology than the one we have now from the 1700s.

Oh so now it's the 1700's? What happened with the 1800's?

Jim

I'm a big fan of the Colgate with the upright tube. Takes up less space in the medicine cabinet and never seems to make a mess.

Colgate-Total-Advanced-100ml-Group.jpg

Kazerei

Banned
This is such a non-issue. My parents taught me squeeze toothpaste from the bottom up when I was a toddler. Never had a problems with it. It's like complaining that self-lacing shoes aren't readily available yet because shoelaces are too complicated for you.

xbhaskarx

It's 2012--how have we not figured out a cheap and universal technology to spray on kids teeth so that they never need to brush or floss for the rest of their life? Are we really still stuck scrubbing our teeth with pokey bristles and baking soda?

I thought I read a news article a few years ago about some bacteria that would live in our mouths and keep us from ever having to worry about cavities and whatnot...

I_D

It takes like 3 seconds to flatten the tube back out to perfection with all of the toothpaste near the nozzle. Why change it?

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
It's 2012--how have we not figured out a cheap and universal technology to spray on kids teeth so that they never need to brush or floss for the rest of their life? Are we really still stuck scrubbing our teeth with pokey bristles and baking soda?

Growing teeth in labs is just around the corner.

Grinchy

Banned
F5I1cl.jpg

It seems like the toothpaste container technology has been at a standstill since the mid 1800s (just a guess). Why don't they invent better ways of dispensing toothpaste so that the above doesn't happen? The last 20% or so of the tube is spent squeezing different parts of the tube to avoid wasting any toothpaste. And it seems to last like that forever. We have electric and sonic toothbrushes now that charge on contact. Seems like the toothpaste industry needs to play catchup.

If that's what your toothpaste looks like, it just means you're a slob.

paskowitz

mentadent-advanced.gif

My father is a dentist. According to him this was the best toothpaste every made... it is now no longer being mass produced.

noah111

Still Alive
Pfft, just get this.

61efkY5FuAL.jpg
This. So simple. You can even make your own with some effort.

Why do you need to use that when you can just use the flat end of the toothbrush to squeeze out 99% of the leftover toothpaste?
Because not all toothbrushes are created equally. For example mine is totally round and sort of rubber-ish, so it would be sort of difficult to squeeze the toothpaste dispenser easily.

cbox

Jeeze how hard is it to properly apply toothpaste?

Last thing we need is more hard plastic containers in our landfills...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom